Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 Rain Team.
I have been trying to build a doubles Rain Dance team. I'm looking for improvements, and a sixth member. I'm not sure if I should have a Pokemon with Stealth Rock, just to stop Talonflame and Mega Charizard.

Mega Swampert @Swampertite
Ability: Torrent -> Swift Swim
EVs: 108 HP/252 Attack/148 Speed
Nature: Lonely
Moves:
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Protect
Mega Swampert is my main Pokemon, it will be one of my leading Pokemon. Swampert needs the rain. Ice Punch is there to take out Landorus.

Ludicolo @Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/84 Defense/148 Special Attack/4 Special Defense/20 Speed
Nature: Modest
Moves:
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Fake Out
Ludicolo is here to take bulky water Pokemon, who may get in the way of Swampert. Ludicolo is nice with Fake Out.

Politoed @Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/112 Defense/20 Special Attack/112 Special Defense/12 Speed
Nature: Modest
Moves:
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Protect
Politoed is used to get the rain out there. The Damp Rock is helpful, since it increases the duration of Drizzle.

Noivern @Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
Nature: Mild
Moves:
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Hurricane
Tailwind is useful if I can't set up the rain. Draco Meteor will also help against Mega Salamence, and Hurricane has a 30% of confusion.

Toxicroak @Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 76 HP/252 Attack/180 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Fake Out
Toxicroak is good to take out fairy types. Dry Skin is helpful since this a full rain team.
Why is Swampert Lonely and Noivern Mild
(May 23, 2015, 08:31 AM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Why is Swampert Lonely and Noivern Mild

I didn't know what nature to give Swampert, and I thought mild would be good for Noivern. If you think I should change anything tell me.
Hey Bad Guy. Mmm.. this team relies a lot (maybe too much) on rain, which means you will have problems in weather wars against M-CharY and Tyranitar, so i'm going to suggest you something which can work even outside the rain.

#I like that M-Swampert EV spread, because it outspeeds 20 EV Suicune by 1 point without rain and it outspeeds Scarf Adamant Land-T in rain. I don't know if it's a mistake but you should use an Adamant nature.

#Ludicolo is another great check to Scarf Land-T, but you need to outspeed it.

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 50
EVs: 132 HP / 84 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Fake Out

You still have some bulk, while you can outspeed Land-T and OHKO it with Ice Beam

#Damp Rock is fine in this team, but as i said you shouldn't rely too much on rain and in weather wars the Damp Rock won't help you as much as a Sitrus Berry, which is the perfect item for a bulky Politoed if you want to switch him in and out of battle if you need to. Encore is not useful if Politoed doesn't work in a Perish Trap team, so you may want to run Helping Hand or Icy Wind, you can decide.

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 44 SpA / 92 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind / Helping Hand
- Protect

As much bulk as possible with a Calm nature, with enough SpA to have a 75% chance to OHKO Land-T with Scald under Rain (or a 68% chance to OHKO with Ice Beam anyway). It also survives a Jolly Double-Edge from M-Kang, just in case.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Politoed: 164-196 (83.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

#Noivern is the first member i would change, because it won't add a great coverage and it's useless against mirror rain matches, M-Chary and Tyranitar teams. Zapdos has the same role as Tailwind user but it has more bulk and an additional Electric coverage which might help you against M-CharY and other bulky water types (Ludicolo may not be enough).

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 20 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If you don't have a HP Ice Zapdos you can always ask in the Trading / Breeding section of this forum for it. Safety Googles works to have an additional Spore/Rage Powder immunity to Amoonguss and Breloom, which your opponent should bring to deal with M-Swampert most of the times. The bulk allows it to survive a Jolly Double-Edge from M-Kang and it you can use Roost to minimize Rock and Ice type damage (because it will lose the Flying type that round).

#For the last slot we absolutely need something to deal with M-Metagross, Fairy types and special walls such as Cresselia. I think that Bisharp might work in this team, because rain will help it for its weakness to Fire, and it can deal with the threats listed above.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Tell me if you have any other suggestion or ideas!
Adamant for swampert since your not using any special attacks

Timid for noivern if you want more speed modest for special attack
Ops i forgot one pokemon!

Well we still need something to deal with Ferrothorn and we can't hit M-Kang so hard so.. why not Blaziken? It can OHKO Ferrothorn and Scizor in rain, it can OHKO M-Kang and you can also run a fast Rock Slide.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 48 Atk / 212 SpA / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Outspeeds Scarf Adamant Land-T after a Speed Boost.

212 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Overheat vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 208-250 (114.9 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 218-257 (120.4 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 161-192 (87 - 103.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
(May 23, 2015, 08:51 AM)GMX Wrote: Ops i forgot one pokemon!

Well we still need something to deal with Ferrothorn and we can't hit M-Kang so hard so.. why not Blaziken? It can OHKO Ferrothorn and Scizor in rain, it can OHKO M-Kang and you can also run a fast Rock Slide.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 48 Atk / 212 SpA / 244 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Outspeeds Scarf Adamant Land-T after a Speed Boost.

212 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Overheat vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 208-250 (114.9 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 218-257 (120.4 - 141.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
48 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 161-192 (87 - 103.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try this team out. Should I still use Drizzle for Politoed, since I have nothing with Rain Dance?
(May 23, 2015, 10:15 AM)Bad Guy Wrote: Thanks for your suggestions, I will try this team out. Should I still use Drizzle for Politoed, since I have nothing with Rain Dance?

On the contrary, you do need Drizzle on Politoed since why else would you be using it after all? Then again I believe that was a mistake by GMX made while making the suggestions on Showdown so I'd recommend what he suggested.
Yes i forgot to put Drizzle instead of Water Absorb :D
(May 23, 2015, 10:41 AM)GMX Wrote: Yes i forgot to put Drizzle instead of Water Absorb :D
Thanks!