Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC Team
I was just looking for some help and ideas for a team i was thinking of doing. (these are just thoughts out off my head i haven't calculated anything)

-Mega-Charizard Y Nature: Modest EVs: Spa: 252 Spe: 252
Moves: Flamethrower, Solar Beam, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash

-Breloom Ability: Technician Item: Focus Sash Nature: Jolly EVs: Atk: 252  Spe: 252
Moves: Rock Tomb, Spore, Mach Punch, Bullet Seed

-Sylveon Ability: Pixilite Item: Choice Specs Nature: Modest EVs: Spa: 252 Spe: 252
Moves: Moonblast, Hyper Voice, Psyshock, Quick Attack

-Gliscor Ability: Poison Heal Item: Toxic Orb Nature: Careful EVs: HP: 208 Def: 100 SpD: 200
Moves: Tailwind, Knock Off, Protect, Roost

-Scizor Ability: Technician Item: Leftovers Nature: Adamant EVs: Atk: 252 Def: 80 SpD: 176
Moves: Bullet Punch, Bug Bite, Knock Off, Aerial Ace

-Conkeldurr Ability: Guts Item: Assault Vest Nature: Careful EVs: Atk: 252 Def: 92 SpD: 164
Moves: Earthquake, Drain Punch, Poison Jab, Ice Punch
First off, I'll link you a team synergy type chart from Team Magma's team builder. Its a really helpful source in teambuilding VGC teams

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?6...72|534|212

You'll notice that this team is considerably weak to Flying, Fire, Water (though can be neglected with Drought up), Psychic and Ice types. On paper, this team doesn't have a solid answer to Talonflame who can just use its STAB options to tear this team apart. Another important aspect is your team absolutely needs a Wide Guard user to block Rock Slide attacks against Charizarid Y. Though you might not have considered this but Charizard Y's Drought can be used against you considering two of the 6 members are weak to Fire hits (Scizor and Breloom) while the two others (Gliscor and Conkeldurr) won't appreciate taking consistent Fire hits from say Heatran. For this team, I'm going to give you some consistent EV spreads for Charizard, Sylveon, Conkeldurr and Scizor. The other two Pokemon in Breloom and Gliscor I'll highly suggest you replace, especially Gliscor since it doesn't do much aside from provide Tailwind support. Remember in VGC match, you are on a timer and stall/full setup isn't the best option. While Breloom is a solid choice for the VGC meta I just don't see it functioning well aside from beating Water types which Charizard should be the one doing. It's just that this team has two Fighting type Pokemon already and Conkeldurr can provide Wide Guard support as well.

Again I'm going to assume you are not using or don't have access to legendary Pokemon like say Terrakion, Landorus-T, Cresselia, etc the first team doesn't have any. My two recommendations for this team are Hydreigon and Rotom-W since both alleviate your main weakness to above types I mention. Now since you don't have access to speed control anymore, you can try out support Hydreigon with Tailwind or Thunder Wave Rotom-W with Reflect. Tailwind Hydreigon is something most teams won't prepare for since they'd expect a regular Hydreigon to be the usual Life Orb/Specs/Scarf variants. Hydreigon can still work well with just its two main STAB options while  Charizard Y and Scizor could handle Fairy threats. Reflect Rotom-W is opted instead of Will-O-Wisp since there's still a 15% chance to miss as oppose to Reflect which can be give the team additional artificial bulk. Thunder Wave is opted instead of Protect since you want to caught your opponent's off guard with paralysis so Charizard Y can ensure a sweep with its Heat Wave.  I'll list down the rest of the team down below.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 12 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat / Hidden Power Ground / Focus Blast
- Protect

-Typical Bulky Charizard Y with investment enough to outspeed Landorus-T and take a Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Return
-Overheat is to overpower any Pokemon or bypass Wide Guard, HP Ground is reserved for Heatran while Focus Blast hits Heatran, Mega Kangaskhan, and Tyranitar hard but has shaky inaccuracy issues

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

-Gave it enough speed to outspeed max speed Thundurus, Latios and Terrakion under Tailwind
-Helping Hand is to boost the power of any partner Pokemon by times 1.5 which can help out Charizard Y
-Pixilate Hyper Beam with Pixie Plate can OHKO 4 HP Mega Kangaskhan

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Quick Guard
- Protect

-Outspeeds slow variants of Politoed
-Quick Guard to stop Priority hits except from fast Fake out users
-Lum Berry to prevent burns

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Def / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

-Really had a difficult time choosing items Conkeldurr so just slapped lefties
-Gave it Wide Guard to block spread damage

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Tailwind
- Protect

-Outspeed 252 Adamant Arcanine
-Tailwind Setter

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 44 SpA / 156 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave

-Already discussed beforehand so another standard Rotom-W
Do what Black (or Kiev) says he knows alot Kappa. But this looks like a solid team. I dont recommend putting 252/252/4 in every stat, spreading them out is better for VGC because of the doubling up. If I were you I would use the team that Black gave you in his comment.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Thanks for the help I'm just getting into competitive pokemon and don't really know the meta going on. As you could probably tell I'm bad at EV spreading. I only really chose some of my favorite pokemon, and threw 252s on the stat that I thought would help the most.
(May 15, 2015, 02:19 AM)Black117 Wrote: Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 144 HP / 132 Atk / 68 Def / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

-Really had a difficult time choosing items Conkeldurr so just slapped lefties
-Gave it Wide Guard to block spread damage

For Wide Guard, he could run Swampert as well. Other than the damage from Scald being hindered, to pull off a switch between Sylveon and Swampert would be easy since Swampert resists all of what Sylveon is weak to. Swampert also provides the option of running Fire Pledge and Water Pledge to achieve the Serene Grace effect so Heat Wave would now get a 20% chance to burn each foe instead of 10%. Not to mention that Swampert removes the most common threat to a sun team very well, Heatran, in one hit with either a Special or Physical variant.
[Insert signature here]