Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Need help designing a monotype team
Hi! So I'm going to be entering a local tournament in which we've all been assigned monotypes by RNG.

My typing is Psychic so I'm looking to build a 3v3 singles team revolving around psychic types. My intial thoughts lead me to Mega slowbro as the obvious choice, since its only major weakness is dark types. Alternatively I could run Slowbro and use mega-Medicham instead, since the fighting type covers the obvious dark weakness, whilst also having much better offensive type coverage vs other monoteams.

I am looking for any suggestions, either for an entirely new team or for teams that have been built with the current two possibilities in mind.

Thanks for your time!
maybe Victini for bug types.
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

Mega Gardivoir or Mega Gallade too are good choices
Psychic is rather a difficult type to make a monotype considering how frail most of the Psychic types are with some obvious exceptions like Slowbro and Metagross. I think you should use either Mega Slowbro or Mega Metagross as the main mega considering that both are relatively bulky to take attacks and hit back really hard. You might have to use Choice Scarf Gardevoir as a check to Dark types as a defensive Pokemon like Bronzong to setup screens/stealth rocks. Two interesting Pokemon you can consider are the Shadow Tag users Gothitelle and Wobbufett since both can trap any Pokemon (bar ghost) and potentially setup/eliminate a certain threat.
A monotype Psychic team will be hard to work around. You do only have 3 weaknesses but only 2 resistances going for you and you only hit 2 types for super effective damage.

Since it is 3v3, a basic team structure consisting of a revenge killer, set up tank and a fast sweeper would be ideal. For a revenge killer, nothing beats a Focus Sash/Life Orb Magic Guard Alakazam. It outspeeds a good amount of Pokemon and it hits very hard. A good set up tank would be Mega Slowbro. You can win games just by spamming calm minds and scald. In the case that there is a Pokemon that checks both with Dark Types moves especially Sucker Punch, a good sweeper to use would be a choice scarfed Medicham or Gallade.

Other possible teams could be:

Starmie/Mega-Metagross/Hypno
Mega-Latios/Slowking/Metagross
Mega-Medicham/Claydol/Azelf
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 24, 2015, 07:49 PM)matabro Wrote: maybe Victini for bug types.

Forgot to mention, its VGC 2015 banlist
Another possibility could be a magic bounce Espon.
(Feb 25, 2015, 10:18 AM)Vexian Wrote: Another possibility could be a magic bounce Espon.

3v3 singles doesnt usually have hazards
Sigilyph is pretty good.
Calm, 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 4 Def
Flame Orb, Magic Guard

Dazzling Gleam / Psyshock
Cosmic Power
Psycho Shift
Roost

Fairly good lead, but setting up cosmic powers is crucial, and time consuming. Dazzling gleam also handles dark types, since you won't want to switch out to something else if you have cosmic powers up. Toxic orb can be used to deal with opposing pokemon with recovery.