Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

Choice band limited the Talonsflames movement, but I'm not 100% on this item either. Quick Guard to protect me against sucker punches, fake outs etc. Will give me a free turn to setup or destroy Kangaskhan with Slurpuff. Tailwind to help mainly Gardevoir but also the rest of the team I suppose.

[Image: MqJJTJh.gif]

Tsukihime (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Replacing Alakazam since Gardevoir gets a more suitable ability in doubles, decided to go with a slightly more bulky version. But I'm not 100% confident in the EV-spread. Also Alakazam was way too frail.

[Image: Zjjm5qE.gif]

Postal Dude (Slurpuff) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 132 HP / 188 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Aromatherapy
- Play Rough

Pretty much the same, slightly less speed and attack but more HP.

[Image: ojvFo6K.gif]

Cuddles (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Dragonite does not like doubles! It was a decent bait though, and I did originally want Garchomp on my team. But his EQ would have done more damage to his own team mates. SO tempted to put Poison Jab on this! Someone used that against me, and that was not funny!

[Image: AA48Xeb.gif]

Metallica (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Power-Up Punch

I almost never ended up using Meteor Mash, not 100% sure I need Zen Headbutt though. Protect maybe? Might even pick a completely different mega. I really like it, but I feel something else might do a little better. Suggestions?

[Image: oqQN8Ph.gif]

Musashi (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

I've weirdly enough never used Aegislash before, it's taking the place of my beloved shiny Umbreon. And I'm not 100% regarding this build. Thinking maybe Wide Guard instead of Substitute.

A few things that worry me: No water attacks, no taunt, no recovery or status dealer. Another issue is I only have one fire move, and it's on the friggin' Talonflame... which usually doesn't last very long. Also annoys me that I have no way of disrupting weather teams.

I mentioned thinking of maybe replacing the Mega-Metagross. I have a few options to replace it, I either make my Gardevoir the mega and replace Metagross with Sableye or Greninja. Or replace it with a Mega-Sableye and keep my Gardevoir as it is. Any better suggestions?
cool team I really like tailwind talonflame! for vgc I think it would be helpful if you slapped protect on some pokemon!
#TeamForum

Pretty cool hyper offensive team Smile
This are your weaknesses (the number in the boxes are the number of your pokemon weak to the type)
[Image: 2wrltmx.jpg]

This is your Type Coverage
[Image: 1eqzo.jpg]
3DS Friend Code: 1994-2119-6025
SuMo IGN - Moon
good post @Wicked13
#TeamForum

(Jan 14, 2015, 10:38 AM)Wicked13 Wrote: Pretty cool hyper offensive team Smile
This are your weaknesses (the number in the boxes are the number of your pokemon weak to the type)

Yeah, this was a real concern when making this team. Offensivly, Mega-Metagross fits in very well but the defensive typing is a real drawback. Man, it's hard to make a team! :P
I would swap Garchomp for Hydreigon because I see Gengar as a huge threat to the team as it has access to Taunt, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb.
Aegislash has Shadow sneak but 8 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 98-116 (72.5 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO vs 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 162-192 (97 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO.
Aegislash is the only counter to Gengar which is a problem plus Gardevoir is the only special attacker so Intimidate/Burn will rekt the team seeing how Lando-T and Rotom-Wash are not going away anytime soon.
Even though Tailwind is the key to having this team work, Max speed Jolly Mega-Metagross, Garchomp and Talonflame do not need Tailwind boost and the opposing team just needs to survive hits and OHKO. I have not done much calcuations but I think Mega-Metagross and Gardevoir will stick around because they need to get 2OHKO or more like they will.
I think you need a fighting-type because Bisharp will run over this team with Sucker Punch and Iron Head. Also Paralysis will make everything almost useless. Otherwise, a very decent offensive team but I would change it to counter these threats.
(Jan 14, 2015, 11:50 AM)z2porygon Wrote: I would swap Garchomp for Hydreigon because I see Gengar as a huge threat to the team as it has access to Taunt, Icy Wind, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb.
Aegislash has Shadow sneak but 8 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 98-116 (72.5 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO vs 252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 162-192 (97 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO.
Aegislash is the only counter to Gengar which is a problem plus Gardevoir is the only special attacker so Intimidate/Burn will rekt the team seeing how Lando-T and Rotom-Wash are not going away anytime soon.
Even though Tailwind is the key to having this team work, Max speed Jolly Mega-Metagross, Garchomp and Talonflame do not need Tailwind boost and the opposing team just needs to survive hits and OHKO. I have not done much calcuations but I think Mega-Metagross and Gardevoir will stick around because they need to get 2OHKO or more like they will.
I think you need a fighting-type because Bisharp will run over this team with Sucker Punch and Iron Head. Also Paralysis will make everything almost useless. Otherwise, a very decent offensive team but I would change it to counter these threats.

Very good points. I haven't really seen many Gengars lately so I havent really seen them as that much of a threat. And when it does show up, it's never done well... but this is a new team to me whith a different dynamic.

And speaking of dynamic, I think Hydreigon would't quite fit in. I... had something I was gonna point out to explain that but I forgot. Oh, well - I already have both a Hydreigon and the Garchomp ready so I can just try it out.

From my experience with the previous team, Bisharp's Sucker Punch wasn't as much of a problem as the Knock Off. At least as long as I keep the Talonflame alive at least. But I will look into a fighting type.

Once again, the Slurpuff is my oddball Cleric. He's already gotten me out of quite a few jams, especially against that blasted prankster Thundurus.

I wasn't very happy with my Aegislash build. Thanks for the damage calcs, went and did some more on physical sets against Gengar. Did not look very good regardless of nature and EV's.

You know what... Bisharp makes a whole lot more sense on this team than Aegislash. Aside from it's defensive typing, of course.

If I put the Bisharp on the team, I'd have to remove Mega-Metagross. If I remove it... I need something with ice attacks... and a new mega...

I need to do some thinking and tinkering.
Great team but three of your Pokemon are weak to Ghost type attacks and there isn't much stopping Poison and Steel attacks from fainting your Fairy Types.
[Insert signature here]