Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] What Mega Steelix?! (Sand TR Team)
So i was wondering "What kind of team should i make next" i didnt want to make a standard team and i've already made an intimidate, a TR, and a Sun Team, So i was looking through the list of Megas wondering what pokemon i should base the team around and then i saw mega steelix and i was hooked, then i thought why not make a Sand Team to make use of this mega's ability, while putting the team together i noticed that most of my pokemon were relativly slow so then i decided to make it a Sand TR team and heres what i got.

[Image: 208.gif]
Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

Mega Steelix is the pride and joy of this team, he has a defensive ev spread but he is still about to deal alot of damage, I decided to go for Heavy Slam over Gyro Ball because it seemed to do more damage to pokemon due to Steelix's Weight, as for the other moves we have the standard Earthquake and Rock Slide, finally i choose Thunder Fang to deal with Water types.

[Image: 248.gif]
Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Ofcourse for a Sand team i needed to have a sand stream pokemon and who other than good ole' T-Tar, i decided to go for a special T-Tar and have rockslide for those pecky Charizards and Talonflames Wink.

[Image: 423.gif]
Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 108 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

To cover some of my other pokemon's weaknesses i decided to go for Gastrodon, his ability him to protect Steelix and T-Tar from water attacks, and his ice beam can deal with pokemon such as Salamance.

[Image: 579.gif]
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

So for my Tr setter i decided to go for Reuniclus, his bulkyness will alow him to take hits and use Trick Room.

[Image: 598.gif]
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Recently added pokemon helps balance out my team a slow pokemon able to hit hard and stall alittle bit

[Image: 663.gif]
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Recently added pokemon to the team able to hit through TR

This team has been working really good it actually works well in and out of Trick Room, its good but not perfect (obviously), so any advice is welcomed, thanks in advance Smile.
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
looks good, needs more leafeon tho Kappa
Btw try a pixie plate sylveon so you have some more protects on your team anime ;p
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
You have common weaknesses on your team to Fighting, Ground, Grass and Fairy so you might want to make some adjustments there.

Spread the EVs a bit more on Steelix. Here is a set I recommend.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

This EV spread allows you to survive what you need to survive and it allows you not to miss out on important KOs.

It would benefit your team if you ran Energy Ball on Reuniclus for coverage against bulky water types and Regenerator/Overcoat works better for a support Reuniclus.

Moxie Scrafty is okay but you really need that Intimidate support on your team plus Scrafty doesn't stay around very long with a certain Fairy around

I recommend running Life Orb or Pixie Plate on Sylveon and running Quick Attack over Moonblast
[Insert signature here]
(May 22, 2015, 05:54 AM)Marcusube Wrote: You have common weaknesses on your team to Fighting, Ground, Grass and Fairy so you might want to make some adjustments there.

Spread the EVs a bit more on Steelix. Here is a set I recommend.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

This EV spread allows you to survive what you need to survive and it allows you not to miss out on important KOs.

It would benefit your team if you ran Energy Ball on Reuniclus for coverage against bulky water types and Regenerator/Overcoat works better for a support Reuniclus.

Moxie Scrafty is okay but you really need that Intimidate support on your team plus Scrafty doesn't stay around very long with a certain Fairy around

I recommend running Life Orb or Pixie Plate on Sylveon and running Quick Attack over Moonblast

Thanks ill try it out Smile
This is currently what my team looks like ive been working on it for a while its been going pretty good i have a possitive win ratio (atleast i think):

[Image: 208.gif]
Steelix @ Steelixite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

Pretty much same destription as above post

[Image: 248.gif]
Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

[Image: 423.gif]
Gastrodon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 108 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

[Image: 579.gif]
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

[Image: 598.gif]
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

recently added pokemon

[Image: 663.gif]
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

As said above i use talonflame inorder to help me set up TR and it works very well, him offensive pressure does well for the team, although alot of times teams lead with thunderous and if they figure out that im going to use Quick Guard they can just thunderbolt Talonflame and its over. :P
You have invested a lot in bulk for your Gastrodon, have you thought about a Sitrus Berry on it? You would be able to give Focus Sash to Talonflame.
(Jun 21, 2015, 01:22 AM)GMX Wrote: You have invested a lot in bulk for your Gastrodon, have you thought about a Sitrus Berry on it? You would be able to give Focus Sash to Talonflame.

The only reason I had a focus sash on gastrodon is to deal with grass type moves, cause most times it's a one hit ko no matter what, as for a better ev spread, I'm terrible at figuring out the right evs :P
If you need to figure out the perfect EVs you can use the Pokemon Attack Survival Calculator
[Insert signature here]
(Jun 21, 2015, 04:41 PM)Marcusube Wrote: If you need to figure out the perfect EVs you can use the Pokemon Attack Survival Calculator
ok, ill try it out