Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Help building a double team
So as Im new to competitive and new to Pokemon (started in gen6) I would like to get some help building a competitive team. What Im requesting is that you challenge yourself Smile and build a team based on a selected set of pokemon I choose.

"Rules": Pick at least 5 of the pokemon i post below and make a double team of them. One of the pokemons on the team can be of your choosing (not in the list). I also want the moveset and item you would pick (nature/ability/EV/IV are optional). Then finish off your post with a short explanation to what the team represents and how you would use it.

It is also up to you who you would mega evolve.

THE LIST:
Gengar
Venusaur
Gallade
Sylveon
Togekiss
Mamoswine
Sharpedo
Aegislash
Garchomp
Dragonite
Sableye
Milotic
Magnezone
Excadrill
Talonflame

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 50
EVs: 204 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpA / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 52 SpA / 132 SpD / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt/Tailwind
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 52 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Def / 20 SpA / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Venusaur + Garchomp : Basically scout the opponents lead. If they bring something that kills Venusaur, if it doesn't generally carry protect, I protect Venu then attempt to kill it with Chomp however if it runs Protect I put the other Pokemon to sleep then defend the next turn. Same for Chomp.

Venusaur/Aegislash/Garchomp + Talonflame : Protect with the other Pokemon then have Talonflame taunt whatever Prankster they have or any Pokemon that love running Protect/Wide Guard/Quick Guard etc then fire off attacks.

Venusaur + Aegislash : Put the opposing Pokemon to sleep then set up a Substitute with Aegislash. After which, focus on the opponent that's awake.

There are other possibilities of leads but I'll just break down what each Pokemon does here.

Venusaur is here to tank attacks and status the opposing team while removing Water, Grass, Fairy and Ground type Pokemon. Also run Venusaur with its initial ability as Chlorophyll to surprise Sun teams and put their Charizard or whatever threat they have out to sleep before mega evolving

Garchomp is for taking out the flying types and fire types that threaten Venu as well as dragons that do not outspeed. The Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin is to safely switch Garchomp into physical attackers such as Kang, Terrakion, Bisharp(sometimes) and Talonflame.

Aegislash brings offensive support on the special side by covering Venusaur's psychic weakness and Garchomp's fairy weakness. Also Leftovers + Sub was chosen so that you can hide from potential Sucker Punches and special attacks that Aegislash can bulk out and attack the next turn.

Talonflame is to check mainly Bisharp and other Venusaur but the Gale Wings boosted Brave Bird comes in handy for taking out other threats. Taunt is to stop pranksters from Taunting Venu from casting Sleep Powder and Aegislash from pivoting between Shield and Blade forms.

Tyranitar is here to achieve speed control, break other weather teams and remove threats such as Kangaskhan, Terrakion and anything that cannot resist its STAB. To score kills, you may need to get a Tailwind up to outspeed what threatens Ttar and clean up the following turn.

Milotic is your check to Intimidaters such as Landorus, Salamence, Hitmontop and Arcanine. It also achieves speed control via Icy Wind, throws out burns with Scald and stops Trick Room setters with Dragon Tail.
[Insert signature here]
Many thanks for taking your time to write this detailed post. I will surely try this team out.