Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Hoopa Unbound Set Suggestions
I have a Lvl 50 Hoopa with a Quiet nature sitting in my PC and I was wondering if anyone can help me create a set for it? I intend to use the the Unbound Forme for both competitive and casual battles.

I know a Quiet nature isn't really suited for Unbound Hoopa (yes I the preferred natures are Hasty for a Fast Mixed Sweeper and Mild for a Bulky Special Sweeper), but I think it has potential.

Here's its current set:

Hoopa-Unbound  
Ability: Magician  
Level: 50  
Quiet Nature  
- Hyperspace Fury  
- Hyperspace Hole  
- Psychic  
- Nasty Plot

Thanks and I hope you guys can help me with this!
Ask someone with powersaves to change the nature because Quiet does not work for Hoopa-U. Its base speed is too high for Trick Room. Hoopa-C, however, can function as a Trick Room Special Attacker

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

If you want to go fully Physical then switch Dark Pulse for Hyperspace Fury and Psychic for Zen Headbutt. Other moves options instead of Drain Punch are Gunk Shot and Fire Punch so you can consider those if you find yourself getting walled by Fairies and Steels
[Insert signature here]
(I'm terrible with making my own competitive sets and this is my first for Hoopa, it may not be worthwhile :P) Quiet might work for a regular hoopa, I doubt hoopa-unbound though. Since Quiet is +Sp.Attack and -Speed, try this:

Hoopa @Life Orb/Assault Vest
Ability:Magician
Level:I'm assuming 50
EVs(For Life Orb):252 Sp.Attack/252 Sp.Defense/4 Attack
EVs(For Assault Vest):252 Sp.Defense/252 Defense/4 Sp.Attack
Quiet Nature
IVs:0 Speed
Moves(For life orb):
1.Hyperspace Hole
2.Shadow Ball
3.Psychic
4.Nasty Plot/Trick Room

Moves(For Assault Vest):
1.Trick Room
2.Ally Switch
3.Light Screen
4.Trick/Destiny Bond

This is a suggestion, I havent tested it yet. Feel free to change it up to fit your play style Smile
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
(Mar 2, 2016, 06:25 AM)42max Turtke Wrote: (I'm terrible with making my own competitive sets and this is my first for Hoopa, it may not be worthwhile :P) Quiet might work for a regular hoopa, I doubt hoopa-unbound though. Since Quiet is +Sp.Attack and -Speed, try this:

Quiet Nature
Moves(For life orb):
1.Hyperspace Hole
2.Shadow Ball
3.Psychic
4.Nasty Plot/Trick Room

Moves(For Assault Vest):
1.Trick Room
2.Ally Switch
3.Light Screen
4.Trick/Destiny Bond

This is a suggestion, I havent tested it yet. Feel free to change it up to fit your play style Smile

Ally Switch, Trick and Destiny Bond don't work with Assault Vest...
[Insert signature here]
(Mar 2, 2016, 06:02 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Ask someone with powersaves to change the nature because Quiet does not work for Hoopa-U. Its base speed is too high for Trick Room. Hoopa-C, however, can function as a Trick Room Special Attacker

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

If you want to go fully Physical then switch Dark Pulse for Hyperspace Fury and Psychic for Zen Headbutt. Other moves options instead of Drain Punch are Gunk Shot and Fire Punch so you can consider those if you find yourself getting walled by Fairies and Steels

Yes I know Quiet nature is the preferred nature for Trick Room Special Attacker Hoopa-C. I'm asking for suggestions for Hoopa-U set that can go well with Quiet nature. 

If I were to have a Trick Room poke, I can have other pokes more suited for the job. Hoopa-U can use that free slot for a better move I believe.
(Mar 2, 2016, 01:20 PM)Marcusube Wrote:
(Mar 2, 2016, 06:25 AM)42max Turtke Wrote: (I'm terrible with making my own competitive sets and this is my first for Hoopa, it may not be worthwhile :P) Quiet might work for a regular hoopa, I doubt hoopa-unbound though. Since Quiet is +Sp.Attack and -Speed, try this:

Quiet Nature
Moves(For life orb):
1.Hyperspace Hole
2.Shadow Ball
3.Psychic
4.Nasty Plot/Trick Room

Moves(For Assault Vest):
1.Trick Room
2.Ally Switch
3.Light Screen
4.Trick/Destiny Bond

Ally Switch, Trick and Destiny Bond don't work with Assault Vest...

Told you I'm terrible
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
(Mar 2, 2016, 04:47 PM)zephyr0012 Wrote:
(Mar 2, 2016, 06:02 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Ask someone with powersaves to change the nature because Quiet does not work for Hoopa-U. Its base speed is too high for Trick Room. Hoopa-C, however, can function as a Trick Room Special Attacker

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Yes I know Quiet nature is the preferred nature for Trick Room Special Attacker Hoopa-C. I'm asking for suggestions for Hoopa-U set that can go well with Quiet nature. 

If I were to have a Trick Room poke, I can have other pokes more suited for the job. Hoopa-U can use that free slot for a better move I believe.

Then you would go max speed max special attack with the Quiet Nature and still run Trick Room as a last resort if you happen to be outsped by something that threatens Hoopa-U
[Insert signature here]