Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] IV Breeding advice
I am breeding for IV perfect Sandshrew, I dont have a ditto so am having to do it with two Sandshrew that have 3 perfect IVs each (Male, Atk, Def, Spd, Female HP, Atk, Spd, Jolly nature). I am using the destiny knot on the male and an everstone on the female to get the nature but the babies that are hatching from the eggs are fluctuating in perfect IV stats, mainly only having 1-2 perfect IVS. How is this the case? I was expecting to have a 4 IV Sandshrew from the eggs (HP Atk Def Spd) but have not managed to get one. As I thought the destiny knot guarenteed the transfer of up to 5 perfect IVs the baby pokemon? Am I wrong? Could someone clarify for me how the destiny knot actually works as believe it or not I cant make head or tail of some posts on google!

Thank you! Heart
The destiny knot as you said, guarantees to transfer up to 5 perfect IV's. In this case though, you only have 3 perfect IV's on the male (atk, def, spd), and the other 3 are completely random. This means that the chance to get 5/6 IV's are very low and in order to get 5 IV's you would require either a decent ditto or a lot of luck.
Thank you both for the replies, I knew I was being dumb somewhere along the line! The problem was I thought it guarenteed the transfer of 5 PEFECT IVS, when in fact its 5 random. Call me stupid!

Thanks again

Sam
in order to breed with 2 sandshrews you need to update your parents every time you get a sandshrew with better iv. thats why its much easier to use a ditto. once you get a female one with 4 iv you need to update your parents. same with the male. 4 4 then 5 4 and 5 5 and so on. if you stick to the same 3 iv parents all the time you will never get a perfect one.