Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SHINY] A discussion and trading thread for those shining little suckers
Smile 
Hello POKEMON FOREVER members! Dova here and I recently have been chin-high in eggs (SM- SHINY MINIOR), doing all sorts of soft reseting (DP- SHINY CHIMCHAR) and thousands of light years away (USUM- ANYTHING) trying for some shinies! So: I've decided to make a thread dedicated to talking about and trading those shining beauties! So, like, yeah just if you wanna say something about your luck or put in some trade requests feel free.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@Dova 

Sounds like this could be a fun thread to talk in, it's always interesting to hear what everyone else has been up to and when they get shinies it is always exciting.

Only yesterday I posted about a shiny Cubone I found randomly really early in Ultra moon, it was even careful nature so I Plan to try run a defensice competitive set with it  Big Grin

I've been going at the minior off and on for a couple of months now. The Chimchar is a more recent start, maybe a few days before USUM released and the Warp-Ride has given me 3 shinies (GoldieLokz an Altaria, Sally a Quagsire and Zeta a Yanmega).
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
(Nov 22, 2017, 03:05 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Dova 

Sounds like this could be a fun thread to talk in, it's always interesting to hear what everyone else has been up to and when they get shinies it is always exciting.

Only yesterday I posted about a shiny Cubone I found randomly really early in Ultra moon, it was even careful nature so I Plan to try run a defensice competitive set with it  Big Grin
AWESOME. I saw that yesterday and was wondering which way youll evolve it?
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@Dova 

I only realised that it could be turned into normal marowak after obtaining it so I haven't really decided. I think I need to look into the competitive sets a bit more, I don't know much competitively and I usually breed sets others have designed but I know careful alolan is viable. If you know of anything off the top of your head feel free to give your oppinion

(Nov 22, 2017, 03:11 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Dova 

I only realised that it could be turned into normal marowak after obtaining it so I haven't really decided. I think I need to look into the competitive sets a bit more, I don't know much competitively and I usually breed sets others have designed but I know careful alolan is viable. If you know of anything off the top of your head feel free to give your oppinion
@Tenebris_Kane
Im pretty sure Marowak is generally more offensife (252 Atk 252 Def 4Spe/SpD) Therefore I feel that could help normal Marowak slightly more but looking at vaious battles it would seem that Aloalan Marowak could equally benefit. Im no competitive player though this is just some random stuff. (Trying to learn competitive Pokemon is like studying for tests in my biology class.....)
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
(Nov 22, 2017, 03:11 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Dova 

@Tenebris_Kane Fun fact: Careful natured Alolan Marowak with only 76 Attack EVs and Thick Club has a higher Attack-stat then Adamant 252 Attack EVs Landorus-T Blush So yeah Careful nature is really great for Marowak-A, lots of power and bulk. It makes it survive many special attacks that would otherwise KO it, while still dealing heavy damage itself.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
@Dova  @PerchPond

Thanks for the advice, I have actually bred a competitive careful alolan marowak before (following some forum advice) and when trying it on showdown it worked quite well. As it turns out even with all of the Pokémon I have bred in the past I have never bred a careful kantonian Marowak so I didn't know if people would consider it viable.

I think I will make it into an alolan marowak then as I really like alolan marowak and with this advice it really looks like it is a good option, I was really lucky it came in a good nature Big Grin

(Nov 22, 2017, 03:37 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Dova  @PerchPond

Thanks for the advice, I have actually bred a competitive careful alolan marowak before (following some forum advice) and when trying it on showdown it worked quite well. As it turns out even with all of the Pokémon I have bred in the past I have never bred a careful kantonian Marowak so I didn't know if people would consider it viable.

I think I will make it into an alolan marowak then as I really like alolan marowak and with this advice it really looks like it is a good option, I was really lucky it came in a good nature Big Grin
@Tenebris_Kane No worries, I've been playing around with calcs for Alolan-Marowak recently, mainly for the Battle Tree. It's a really solid Pokémon and a beautiful shiny too Blush Imma try and get a shiny one one day
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
(Nov 22, 2017, 03:37 PM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote: @Dova  @PerchPond

Naw, @PerchPond did a way better explination. I just was looking at some vgc2017 sets a while ago and came upon that stuff and I barely rembered anything.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ