Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SPOILER] [Sun and Moon] Festival Plaza Guidebook
[Image: festivalplaza4.jpg]

The Festival Plaza is a new feature introduced in Pokemon Sun and Moon. With it, players can access online Battle and Trade features, throwing the Player Search System (PSS) out of the window from Generation 6 (XY/ORAS). If you have played Generation 5 (Black and White/Black 2 and White 2) then you will notice similarities between Join Avenue and the Plaza, such as the trainer being able to create different stations for different shops, or others.

These functions include shops for various items utilizing FC, or Festival Coins. Collecting Festival Coins is rather simple, you can get it from helping various NPCs that appear in your Plaza and recommending them a shop, if they like the shop you recommend, then you will earn FC, but if they don't, you most likely will not receive any coins.

Your Plaza bears a rank that you can rise up via collecting FC, through this you can unlock different functions.
  • Level 2: This level is gained simply by completing the tutorial with Trial Captain Sophocles. The only plus to this level up is another shop, and I guess progress(?)
  • Level 4: This level unlocks the ability to join and host Missions, which is an additional way to get FC.
  • Level 8: Through this level up, you can now ask Guests in your Plaza for new shops, for each person each shop is randomly generated, and will cost a set amount of FC (From a range of 50-200)
  • Level 10: This level unlocks the ability to ask Guests about their clothing, with this you are able to order what other players are wearing with some FC!

Battle, Trading, and More!

[Image: festival_plaza_2.png]

The bottom screen withholds the majority of the online functions, the lower bottom list of buttons, each withholding an action that is useful.

The furthest button to the Exit Button is the Yellow Button. This Button is the Guest List, allowing you to - similarly to the PSS - to see who is online, with your friends bearing the marking of 'Friend List' next to their name in blue.

Next to that is the Purple Button. This button is your profile, here you can set certain responses for certain events for when your character appears in someone's Plaza. The Green and Orange Buttons respectively allow you to access your Bag and Pokemon Party.

And the middle two buttons, Battle and Trade are for the respective actions against friends, or Battle Spot.

Please keep note that there is no PC to access your boxed Pokemon in the Plaza, resulting in you - if need be - to exit the Plaza to swap out Pokemon for online battles, but items are of no hassle, for trades it automatically accesses the PC and the same goes for your Battle Box for battles.

Inside the Castle!

The inside of the castle is filled with important NPCs for your Plaza pondering, as well as to organize your Guest List, so it isn't as cluttered with other trainers whom you aren't familiar with.

WARNING: There IS a setting to disable interaction with Guests; do not activate it, otherwise your Guest List will inaccessible until you enable interactions with them once more, only your VIP list being accessible - the same goes for Friends on your Friend List not listed as VIPs.

When you walk in, at the left desk is a woman who will give you an FAQ, and the right, who is next to the PC, allows you to access Game Sync and to join Missions with friends. In the back, near the throne at the left, is a receptionist who allows you to summon (or Page) other Guests, this is HIGHLY helpful to summon your Friends in-game to add them to your VIP List, which is separated from your Guest List. And at the right is a construction worker who allows you to organize the order of your Shops.

Hopefully this helped some of you understanding the new online feature, but if I get anything incorrect, I apologize, as I am doing this from what I understand.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
I've been finding the new... interface I think its called? To be quite confusing... Still is but at least I know where to find friends. tanks breh
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Thanks for the guide
yea thanks havent messed around in there to much yet so very good to know Smile
Im at level 22 now - even got a 2 bottle caps from treasure hunt (2 stars) - Im trying to get to 50 today and then im good. 

Just Chain "Type Test" and its easy. Smile
Update

There is a way to download the VGC17 Ruleset for in-game battles!

How to do so is extremely simple, click on the Battle option, and there should be a third option at the bottom between the usual two.

Hit 'Download Rules' and you will be given the option to download the ruleset for in-game usage.
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad