Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] (Minor spoilers) Ban Pheromosa!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ban-p...s-rayquaza
Do it for Smogon, Do it for US! Ban that thing! I'm sick of it! IDC what you do! I guess you could kill it with fire! JUST DO IT!
At least edit the post so we don't have to play guessing games before clicking the link. Pheromosa is 100% getting banned to Ubers when the tier shifts occur. With base 151 speed and 137 in both attack stats, this might as well just have "Deoxys" written on it's Pokedex entry. With access to a strong hitting High Jump Kick and reliable STAB coverage in U-turn and Lunge, Pheromosa is easily the best revenge killer, pivot and wallbreaker in the current metagame. It also can run mixed sets, so don't expect to see just HJK and Lunge. This Pokemon doesn't even have many switchins from what I'm aware of as most switchins for its typing are taken out by Ice Beam or a respective Hidden Power. Oh, and Beast Boost makes its speed so great that it outspeeds Jolly Kingdra in the rain after one stat boost.

Verdict, ban it.
@Marcusube if i need to change the title Okay where can i do that?
Edit > Full Edit > Subject

Then you change what's in the box
@Marcusube done!
Essentially Pheromosa is a better "Deoxys form", but with better offensive typing/potential, powerful STABs, pseudo "moxie" speed boost, and a trollish 151 speed. Even with everyone is play testing with these new mons, but can already see some potential bans incoming such as Aegislash, Tapu Koko, of course Pheromosa can see themselves getting the boot soon. Even if you have a Pheromosa counter not named Aegislash, well it can easily U-turn out, or use Hi Jump Kick, Ice Beam, Bug Buzz, Hidden Power, etc to maintain offensive pressure. For now, hunker down until the quick bans are placed.
Something to add about Beast Boost, it doesn't go off base stats. If a Pheromosa is EV'd to have higher attack than speed, that is what will get boosted instead.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
So what actually defeats it?  Just looking at the stats and typing it looks like anthing that actually connects can knock it down.  Anything with Priority?
@dharcanine Yeah kinda? It has enough HP to survive a weaker priority move. But the problem is if you switch something into it, well you can't. It just kills.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Nov 20, 2016, 08:17 PM)dharcanine Wrote: So what actually defeats it?  Just looking at the stats and typing it looks like anthing that actually connects can knock it down.  Anything with Priority?

Try to understand that for anything that threatens Pheromosa, Pheromosa can switch out, and worse into something that checks/counters what you initially planned to use to beat it. Pokemon isn't about "if this Pokemon can kill this Pokemon then it isn't OP" it's "how difficult is it for this Pokemon to perform well in as much given situations as possible"