Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Pokemon Bank "Update" Delayed for Jan 2017
Pokemon Bank "Update" Delayed for Jan 2017

(Note: The "News" is in the Youtube Description ; Google Translate is your Friend)

Well, we all knew this was "coming", but would like to elaborate further. Apparently The Pokemon Company just announced told Pokemon Bank will get a software update around January of 2017, meaning chances are we likely going to have wait at least two months to get all our previous generation Pokemon, including those from XYORAS. Not only is the update for compatibility for Pokemon Sun and Moon to Pokemon Bank, but also to have some connectivity feature to transfer Gen 1 Pokemon from the recent Virtual Console release of Pokemon Red, Blue, Green (Japan), and Yellow. Since there will be a "grace period" between the launch of Pokemon Sun and Moon to the eventual updated version of Pokemon Bank, will there be any implications you all are concern about aside "breeding" like in early XY. While this is totally off-topic, does this "confirm" the next VGC format will be using Alolan Dex only Pokemon, just like in 2011 and 2014? Maybe not, but how knows. Posts your thoughts and opinons regarding the "delay" of Pokemon Bank, and implications this has.
[Image: 14358753_549827948542553_1073689566384556999_n.png]
Just gonna drop this right here lol xD

This is from Pokemon Global News:

Pokémon Bank Notes

If you transfer a Pokémon to Pokémon Bank and then on to Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y, you’ll be unable to transfer it back to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.

You can’t deposit Pokémon holding items into Pokémon Bank. If you try to deposit a Pokémon with a held item, that item will be sent back to the original game.

Pokémon Bank Fee is $4.99 a year

----------

BASICALLY, don't transfer over any Pokemon after the update that you don't want back in XY/ORAS. Anything transfered over won't be able to be transferred back
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Yeah I forgot to included what "Poke Bank" is for some who aren't sure what the application. Essentially its a Pokemon cloud-based storage where players can leave all their most valuable Pokemon, with a limit of about 3000. As what devilmoth said, you can't transfer previous generation Pokemon back to the "original" games and only to the concurrent versions, which are XYORAS. For those who have Pokemon Bank, or has keep up with its news, this was inevitably going to happen as TCPi did state keeping the service usable for all future Pokemon games. Key thing to note is once XYORAS Pokemon are transferred into Bank, and then sent into Sun/Moon, they won't be transferable, just like in every Pokemon transfer systems.

In terms of any further updates, Poke Transporter will receive one to accommodate transferring Generation 1 Pokemon from the Virtual Consoles of RBGY to Poke Bank, and sent to Sun/Moon. One last interesting feature is PokeBank will receive a "PokeDex" feature, as it seems like people can look through a Pokedex entries of specific species and have a count of how many Pokemon the need for Dex Completion. The new Dex feature seems to use both the data, or all combined Pokemon from Sun / Moon, to your own XY / ORAS versions.

For those who want further information regarding Pokemon Bank, I highly suggest to read this via Link.
Now that I've thought bout it a little bit, this is actually a good thing! This will prevent people from adding their own Pokemon into the game right away and dominating it. They will have to take the time to get to know the game and the new Pokemon and whatnot. 
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I like that Pokémon from older games won't be able to be transferred over right away. It gives everyone an even playing field when it comes to online battles when the game first comes out. I'm also gonna say that I'm pretty sure that VGC17 with only be Alola Dex Pokémon which makes sense.
Just completed my first living dex as well; only thing that will be annoying is if there is a battle maison/resort type area no way am I breeding all my competitive battlers over again when I have boxes full of them on ORAS.
Kind of lame if you beat the game within the first ~2months you have to wait to engage in the resorts/maison until January when you can rip your teams out of the bank (the past few games it seemes I've spent the overwhelming majority of the time playing the resort/maison and prepping for it).
@lahey Yeah, it's lame, but the 2 months is to give those who need more time to play. I think 2 months is more than fair enough of a wait without having to worry about support strong Pokemon to worry about it battles off the get go. Besides, what's the fun in playing the new games if you don't plan on making a few new competitve mons? 
I'm just happy you can transfer from ORAS/XY. I was hearing rumors that you could only transfer Pokemon from the RBG remasters and I would've been dissapointed if that was the case. I'm happy that it isn't like that though and that Sun and Moon is only 2 months away!!!
Personally I get the decision for Pokemon to have the official Pokemon Bank Update on January instead of closer to the launch day was in part all the things they still, or want to implement in terms of compatibility with both the 6th and Gen 1 VC titles. My problem is why make certain POkemon VGC events so close to the game launch than that of the update. Aside completing the game (however long that normal takes per person), people have to find a ditto hotspot with a decent nature, raise it to level 100, and then to hyper train the IVs. It would have been much better if Pokemon SuMo had the Poke Bank update, but have the feature closed off after you completed the game similar to how Gen 4 and Gen 5's transfer systems were.

Guess this is what Game Freak / TCPi wants for Pokemon fans to enjoy the games initially before they have access to their previous gen mons. Wonder if this will "mimic" or create a frenzy to get 5 iv Pokemon similar to early gen 6, though on that scale I doubt it.