Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Saturday FEB 7, 2015 Forum Tournament (OVER!)
February 7th, 2015 Tournament
[Image: mewtwo_vs_deoxys_by_satoshi_lucis_caelum-d461v7l.jpg]

Spoons can be used as Weapons Kappa

WINNERS

SWISS ROUND
1st Place EEVEELI: Record:5-0! (gets a TRU Arceus, Body Slam Jirachi, and Eruption Heatran)
2nd Place BLACK117 (me) Record:4-1!
----->RUNNER UP to 2nd Place TRUST ME I'm A NINJA: Record:3-2! (gets Body Slam Jirachi and Eruption Heatran
3rd Place PODFIGHTERNINJA123: Record 3-2! (gets Eruption Heatran)

OVERALL WINNERS OF TOP CUT
1st Place: BLACK117 (me!)
2nd Place: EEVEELI
3rd Place: MUPHRY

GRAND PRIZE WINNER
MUPHRY!!! (GETS PENTAGON BORN BEAST TRIO: Suicune, Raikou, and Entei with high ivs.)

[Image: raikou.gif][Image: suicune.gif][Image: entei.gif]
Background of Tourney (PRIZES)

Alright guys, I'll be hosting a VGC 2015 style tourney on 2/7/2015, in honor of Mewtwo's Birthday and myself Kappa. Honestly since there has been a ton of premier events, online VGC style tourneys, and upcoming regionals, I thought I might as well help people out with some practice ones. Plus I notice that there hasn't been a large focus on VGC 2015  online style tournaments here as of late. Of course some people here are busy and have priorities I can understand, yet I think having tournaments here every now and then will ignite our passion for battling and playing the game. With that I'll try my best to organize, regulate, and direct this upcoming tournament I'll be hosting this Saturday February 7, 2015 starting at about 11:00 am pacific (left a countdown here in the description). Yes I know that in the past three forum tournaments a certain somebody how has won but here me out, somebody will win the grand prize other than the host. Unlike the last few tournaments, I will be giving away the legendary beast trio all soft reseted and with pentagons. The three pokemon are a bold Suicune (31/15/31/29/30/31), a timid Raikou (31/31/27/31/31/31), and an adamant Entei (25/31/31/*/31/31) . Considering these pokemon will likely be rotting in my pc boxes without any official vgc use, I want to give these dogs a well-suited person who can use them in tournaments. Anyways here's how the format will be structured.

GRAND PRIZE

Bold Suicune (31/15/31/29/31/31)
Timid Raikou (31/31/27/31/31/31)
Adamant Entei (25/31/31/*/31/31)

SWISS ROUND PRIZES
THERE WILL BE MORE PRIZES REWARDED TO THOSE WHO WIN  1st, 2nd, AND 3rd PLACE RECORDS IN THE SWISS ROUNDs!

The 3rd place holder will receive an Eruption Heatran (Gen 4 event)
The 2nd place holder will receive the Eruption Heatran, and a body Slam Jirachi
The 1st place holder will receive both the aforementioned prizes and an event TRU Arceus with Judgment, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, and Shadow Force.

Registration

Like how Eeveeli, Tygaa2, Podfigherninja123, and even Justin Flynn have done previously, I will be using a "Battlefy" as our main tournament format considering how well it has gone smoothly IMO. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Battlefy" account to register, next click the "Join" button. There you'll be asked for the password (VGC2015) and you will be entered. After you have logged in, please give out the following information such as friend code, in-game-name, twitch name, and forum name. As of right now, I'll keep this at a limit of 32 people (including myself) considering this is my first time setting up a tournament like this.

Check In

On February 7th, the tournament "check in" will start at about 11:00 AM Pacific and last for about 1 hour (12:00 PM Noon) so everyone can be here on time for the tourney.  To confirm you are here on Saturday, log in on the tournament website at Battlfly and click the "Check in" option. Now I am gonna give out a disclaimer that people should only join this tournament if they can participate throughout the whole day. If you are not here by the top of the hour, then I won't seed you into the tournament. Just as a precarious note, if you have plans or cannot participate in the tournament throughout the entire duration then please refrain from participating (though you can still spectate at the VGC 2015 Forum Chat). The reason why I asked is because if in case people start dropping out for their reasons, their won't be a good amount of seeding combinations and can cause a bit of confusion and delay.

Tournament rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- As mentioned, the tournament will be on February 7th, 2015 with check in at 11:00 AM-12:00PM Pacific time.

- If less than 8 people show up to the tournament, I'll be forced to reschedule for another week or so.

- Standard VGC 15 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's a link to nuggetbridge for the official 2015 VGC ruleset.

- The first part of the tournament will be 5 rounds of Swiss, best of one. Players with the best records out of 5 battles will go through in top cut. Please be here throughout the duration of the tournament otherwise the I'll be force to drop you out.

- Top cut will be at 8 people, single elimination, best of three. This is somewhat made liberal so that everyone have a greater chance at the main prize.

- Here's where it gets a bit interesting I guess you can say.  :D If I win out 1st place in the tournament kappa , I'll still have to give out the Legendary Beast trio prize even though I won out my own tourney. Just so that people don't call this tourney as rigged, I'll make this a bit "fair" by having the "runner up 2nd place" and the third place winner fight for the grand prize in one last best of 3 format! All that I'll say this is fair considering consider both second and third place winners have lost a bracket match at some point either in the semifinals or finals. These two get one last shot at the legendary Beast Trio Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. Otherwise if I don't win the entire tourney, this clause won't be evoked. The same will be applied to the Swiss Round PRIZES as well!!!

- Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If your battle is not completed by then the host (me) has final say on issuing a win, loss, or tie.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2015 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

- I thought about this rule a while back and will implement it as well. There will be a battle time limit for about 25 minutes.  Once the battle has passed about 25 mins, the players have to stop battling immediately. IF there is a battle that goes past the 25 minute mark, both players can stop the battle via "forfeiting", and MUST save the battle as proof if they have either won/lose depending on standard battle timer rules. My decision to  implement this new rule is partly to avoid having long stall battles drag out. Frankly we are gonna treat this like any sanction pokemon rules when it come with the battle timer, the person who has the most pokemon wins. Otherwise if there is an equal amount of pokemon from both sides, the person with the largest health percentage wins the battle.

-HONOR RULE: Once either player are done with their matches, they must save the match, and report if they either won or loss. All players are encouraged to report battle codes but I don't need them unless a dispute happens in which I'll have someone review the match. I really don't need battle codes for all swiss rounds except only for top cut battles.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. {UPDATE} I won't implement this rule strictly so again we'll abide by an honor code.

-NOTE: I will be working on this page and the battlefy page throughout the week so its more clear and accurate.  

Countdown

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/gen...=137&swk=1

Link to the Tournament

Battlefy link: Here
http://battlefy.com/black117/272015-vgc2...c9f4f/info

Report Codes
http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-OR...ay-Tourney

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...li=1#gid=0
FORUM CHAT
http://www.twitch.tv/vgc2015forum/

Password: VGC2015

And I totally did not steal this idea or formatting of this page from either Tygaa2, Eeveeli, or Podfighterninja123  kappa Kidding but thank you guys for this hosting the other tourneys. I hope we get to see a participates battle it out in a Grueling SAULY SUITE style tournament.... oh wait this is Pokemon my bad. Again good luck to all the participates who join![/b][/b]
Hmmmm I think I saw this text before. I wonder who wrote it Kappa

I will join for sure :D
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Alright you caught me redhanded since I was looking for a format.

Anyways I have a team in mind for this already and I promise it won't have ether Mega Kang or DuckHuntSwan Kappa.
Finally I've edited the entire post with all the rules and guidelines for this upcoming tournament. The winner will receive the legendary beast trio which have all been soft resetted for future vgc use. If any of you guys are interested or have questions, feel free to ask about any irregularity. As of right now, I'll be away for a bit. Thanks for all your cooperation.
Its luckily on a Saturday, so I guess I'm joining! Also,is this one having a twitch chat? I didn't read all teh stuff Kappa
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
(Feb 2, 2015, 07:07 AM)GingerxPug Wrote: Its luckily on a Saturday, so I guess I'm joining! Also,is this one having a twitch chat? I didn't read all teh stuff Kappa

The more the merrier sure. I'm hoping to get at least 5 other people and see if they are interested. btw The  grand prize are the three legendary beast all soft reseted for high ivs (will be at least 27+ depending on iv allocation)!

Edit: btw I done these soft reset myself but chances are I won't be able to participate in any VGC event soon. Technically is a giveaway/competition.
That determination tho
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
I ll join
Kiev you forgot one thing Kappa The twitch chat KappaHD Heart
Yeah boi, way up. Hopefully this time I'll make top cut on my own terms kappa