Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Shiny Pokemon Discussions
(Oct 6, 2014, 04:22 PM)Legacy Wrote: My first shiny was a kirlia in a safari on pokemon y. I didn't know what a shiny was before playing gen 6

i was pretty much the same way when i encountered the shiny buneary i killed, i just figured it was a little special but i didnt bother catching it
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Oct 6, 2014, 04:16 PM)alex4wood Wrote: my first shiny? I was like 11 playing emerald and encountered a shiny in the worst place ever: shiny houndour in the safari FailFish gf me it ran away as I through bait

Dang, that must've sucked. Sad
well it was like 1am so I was too tired to think...but ye it did Xd
(Oct 6, 2014, 04:29 PM)alex4wood Wrote: well it was like 1am so I was too tired to think...but ye it did Xd

Pokemon at 1 am! What a trooper kappa
ikr OpieOP
so after six generations of pokemon, and only finding a shiny buneary and killing it now realising how special it was, i encountered and caught my first shiny while EV training my gengar. I absolutely flipped out when i found it and it was really awesome that it was a scraggy, one of my favorite pokemon. Its really awesome that one of my fav pokes is my first ever shiny and i couldnt have asked for anything more :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
Took me forever to find my first wild shiny, so I didnt kill it since by then I knew what a shiny was.
But when I found that shiny Patrat, I would have yelled so loud if I wasnt on the bus.
My first shiny Pokémon hatch was an Oddish in XY a few days ago-- wasn't even looking for one... And my first shiny ever caught in-game was in XY and it was an Amoonguss I randomly stumbled upon just after beating the game. Prior to XY, I hadn't encountered any shiny sprites before (I don't think)!
I hatched my first shiny in XY.

Pokebank was not out yet and I got a mudkip via WT so I was like: lol let's breed them and wondertrade them after that so other people can also have one. I believe karma saw that I was doing a good thing and it blessed me with a shiny pink (It's a boy tho kappa) mudkip with the 5th egg I hatched.

I also chained/chain-fished/horde-battles/ectect for shinies with success. The only thing I still need is to encounter a random shiny but I don't think that will ever happen to me or at least not soon.
Believe it or not my first shiny encounter (aside from the arbitrary red Gyarados) was when I hatched an egg in the original gold version. I didn't know what shiny Pokemon were and assumed the red Gyarados was just a different color for plot reasons. I think I traded my Pikachu over from Yellow and put him in the Day-Care with a Ditto to see if I could get a Pichu that would follow me or something along those lines. Being seven or eight years old you can guess my excitement when a glittering Pichu emerged from the egg. I never let it evolve and got it to level 100 thinking that it was the coolest thing in the world. I mean how awesome is it to send out a Pichu and have it sweep through everything in the game using Thundershock?
[Image: Spr_2g_172_s.png]