Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Great VGC Team
So as you know I suck at the VGC Meta Game. So as I watch battles done by professionals, I saw a gravity team that was so Beautifuly made. So I hope on showdown to see if I can recreate the strategy with my own little twist. And it works so well. It also throws my Opponent off guard because they don't know what's going on.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-233062546

So here is a battle that has a decent team. He has some pretty big threats that you see in VGC like Aegislash and he has no idea what is coming.
Not a bad start Curtis. The Gravity team looks extremely functional especially with Grass Whistle, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast and Zap Cannon. You still need to have checks for things like Fake Out users and Pokemon that carry priority moves primarily Sucker Punch and Ice Shard. I also see where you have 4 Pokemon on your team weak to Ice and three of them are 4x weak to it.

Again, not a bad team, not a bad game plan. Try getting some Pokemon with Quick Guard, Taunt and Follow Me and you should be set.
[Insert signature here]
(May 16, 2015, 08:22 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Not a bad start Curtis. The Gravity team looks extremely functional especially with Grass Whistle, Dragon Rush, Focus Blast and Zap Cannon. You still need to have checks for things like Fake Out users and Pokemon that carry priority moves primarily Sucker Punch and Ice Shard. I also see where you have 4 Pokemon on your team weak to Ice and three of them are 4x weak to it.

Again, not a bad team, not a bad game plan. Try getting some Pokemon with Quick Guard, Taunt and Follow Me and you should be set.

Ok I will look into it. I also have Conversion on Porygon Z so Zap Canon will have stab bonus with Adaptability.
Here is another battle with this team. It looks like I lost at first but then I quickly turns into my favor. I think he forgot that Talonflame will lose Flying typing after gravity.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-233057733