Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Help
I have tried to make many teams in Pokemon this year but i cant find anything that 1 feels fun and 2 wins games. I have experimented a lot with different types of team dynamics but I tend to get bored with them or they dont work. can anybody suggest a team or a couple pokemon that will help win me games or team dynamics that are fun
Thats a difficult question because usually pokemon that make the team "fun" (which something could be fun to one person and boring to another) usually means you have to take a longer time building the team to protect that pokemon, for example Delcatty i LOVE delcatty and would love to use it in competitive but its stats are EEEHHHH... and it could die from something breathing on it. But some pokemon that possibly could work pretty good, is pokemon such as Hawlucha, Diggersby, Porygon-Z, Chandalure, Machamp, Mamoswine, and thats just to name a few, but like i said they still need a little bit more thought to incorperate them into your team
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
To be honest, I don't have any recommendations or certain Pokemon to tell you but I think the best approach is to use the teams found on Nugget Bridge or other dedicated sites since you can see what others use. That's how I started out since I'd ditto a core I like and just teambuild from there. Of course there's going to be less "originality" but you said yourself the only thing that matters is winning games.

For individual Pokemon, Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Salamence stick out though I've seen a fair usage in Chariard Y and Mega Gardevoir lately. If you really want to win games, build around some CHALK cores honestly (Cresselia, Heatran Amoonguss/Aegislash, Landorus-T, or Kangaskhan).
Conkeldurr.
thank you for all your suggestions, i love the idea of machamp in a team as it is one of my favorites, however i think if i explain myself better you'll understand. i often find myself using the same old vgc pokemon like terrakion or lando-t even mega kang as they are reliable pokemon in VGC however i wanna use something people aren't expecting like a mega banette or 1 or 2 pokemon that work well as mega and non mega and could possibly fool my opponent into bringing the wrong pokemon hell even something like a dual team that can function as two differen teams sounds like a goood idea but i just dont know where to start with that, i feel as though i cant fit all the pokemon i enjoy into one team cus its weak or unbalanced. maybe this will help you answer my questio better, thanks again for all your suggestions.
In my opinion, use whatever you want to and whatever you feel comfortable with. It's my formula, you might not have discovered your playstyle yet, which takes time.
Give attention to what you want to use and what archetype u wanna test out and love using the most, then build your own teams around it against the metagame. Hope this helped!
If you're just starting to playing in the format, I recommend checking out NuggetBridge, YouTube, Reddit and some other blogs, forums and news feeds and try out some of the teams that the top players and runner ups used in Premier Challenges, Regionals, Nationals and the US invitationals. When you try out other people's teams, you discover your play style and what strategy or strategies follow suit. After you have discovered your play style, just go out and experiment. 721 Pokemon are out there (yeah I know you can't use about 20 of them in VGC) so you must can find something that gets you going. Also try to be consistent as possible. Even if you find yourself losing consistently, you need to keep your head up and just make adjustments and remember you have us and the internet at your disposal.
[Insert signature here]
okay so i am gonna try use a rain room team with mega mawile seen as i havent used it before, so foar i have politoad and ludicolo as i have enjoyed them in the past as well as my mega mawile obvi and my trick room setter cresselia. does anybody know anymore pokemon i could use in a rain room, i was thinking perhaps hariyama?
thanks again for all your help
Remember to be careful with Ludicolo in TR. It's commonly used with politoed to give it double speed with swift swim, which works against it in trick room, Combining both rain and room teams is difficult, but not a bad idea, to each his own and you may find yourself with some interesting sets.

Others that I think would work well here:

Goodra @ Assault vest. Sap sipper or hydration work very well in rain, the first walling grass types and the latter providing 100% recovery.

Rhyperior @ weakness policy. Lightening rod or solid rock both work well. Electric attacks are a big problem for rain teams so the lightening rod ability shuts this down. A rain boosted water move however will do a hell of a lot, so solid rock may be something you'd like to try out.

Other than the above two for specific reasons; Aegislash, Scizor, Conkeldurr, ferrothorn, avalugg, snorlax, amoongus, Cofagrigus, machamp and sylveon, all work well under TR and aren't handicapped by rain.
awesome! thanks for the help, i just want to make sure i have enough coverage in this team, so im looking for some pokemon with wide movepools that can work in both sides of the team, rhypirior is a great shout but i think ill need something else