Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

THE COMMUNAL POKéMON DIARY THREAD
16/2/16

I made up my mind to get the shiny charm [Image: Key_Shiny_Charm_Sprite.png]. I'm not a superstitious guy but people claim that it really works. So to have it I have to complete the national dex, gotta catch 'em all as the famous line goes. Currently I'm at 68.2%, I need to evolve or breed the basic forms of the ones i have.

So I took bulbasaur, shellyback (squirtle), caterpie, ekans, nidoking and clefairy with me and went to my secret base to spar with my friend's blisseys. I did the exp dance moves [Image: RainDance.gif~c200] that the old man Blue Bard taught me. I was really confused with the old dudes at first, since they really look alike, I just decided to remember them through the color of their shirt, that's why I call him Blue Bard. I remember it was after I got my feather badge, when he sang to me for the second time, after that he gave me the instructions how to do it, then he left.

So I went to battle my girl scout friend and my team leveled up. All of them evolved except clefairy. I was wondering why, and i thought maybe it needs more training. Then it hit me, it needs a moon stone to evolve! I looked at my team and noticed nidorino also needs a moon stone. I only have five moon stones in my bag and I didn't want to waste it so I just deposited one of my 4 IV deino in GTS and hoped someone will trade me a nidoking. It wasn't that long until someone accepted the trade.

I gave ivysaur a rare candy to further evolve it to venusaur. Now i have to breed my raticate for a rattata.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

2/15/16 Pokemon X

After resetting my Pokemon X game and starting fresh, I finally made it Ambrette Town today.
The Glittering Cave was quite tedious as well as the ride there Undecided BUT I did choose the Sail fossil instead of the Jaws fossil today and I'm really happy with what a chose.
Anyways, I'm off to get my 2nd (or 3rd???) gym badge soon. Go me Cool
(Feb 15, 2016, 07:04 PM)apricotkiddo Wrote: 2/15/16 Pokemon X

After resetting my Pokemon X game and starting fresh, I finally made it Ambrette Town today.
The Glittering Cave was quite tedious as well as the ride there Undecided BUT I did choose the Sail fossil instead of the Jaws fossil today and I'm really happy with what a chose.

Nice, I don't have it in me to restart my pokemon Y, but i assume it's pretty awesome to do a rerun. You should introduce your team, too, it'll be great. :D
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

17/2/16

If someone told me that it'll take time before GTS gives me what I need, I would believe them. I actually thought so too, with all those nidokings looking for mews or other legendaries. Personally, I don't mind it if they want a shiny mew and they offer a lvl 2 normal zigzagoon. They're probably kids anyway, and frankly if GTS was available during my childhood years, I'd probably do it, too.

[Image: gts.jpg]

But since I want to fill the dex faster, I deposited my breedject deinos looking for some mons. Although, I expected less from GTS, it's actually pretty helpful. So far GTS provided me nidoking, clefable, parasect, and dugtrio. It's fast too. After I deposited a deino for dugtrio, I looked at some deposited dugtrios, just in case there's someone who's not looking for a legendary. There were two, one was asking for a sudowoodo, the other one for scizor. I have them both. I didn't want to part with my sudowoodo since it has some egg moves on it. I was fine with scizor although it's a jolly perfect IV one.

So I accepted the offer then immediately tried to withdraw my deino but it was already traded. Now I ended up with two dugtrios or 6 digletts.

[Image: diglett_and_dugtrio__surface_forms__by_m...79lsgu.png]
(Art by Marix)
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

(Feb 15, 2016, 07:38 PM)jouzea Wrote:
(Feb 15, 2016, 07:04 PM)apricotkiddo Wrote: 2/15/16 Pokemon X

Nice, I don't have it in me to restart my pokemon Y, but i assume it's pretty awesome to do a rerun. You should introduce your team, too, it'll be great. :D

I just might have to do that when I get the chance! Thanks
18/2/16

I'm on a roll!

[Image: tumblr_md5hlcigth1r5fhkdo1_500.gif]

I'm in 70.2% now, I received psyduck, kadabra, and poliwrath from GTS.

Then I trained the psyduck, with mankey, doduo, magnemite, belsprout, and geodude, to have them evolved.

I noticed also that I have a lot of fire stones but only 4 pokemon evolves using it. So i decided to use it on one of my growlithes. I have a spare leaf stone, too so I used it on my weepinbell.

I added nine pokemons in my dex. Although it doesn't seem much, I'm still content with it as I was busy today with other things.

I also received another shiny yveltal, it has 6 IVs but the movesets are for single battles. Here's a picture of him
[Image: OZ6C74k.png](le epic power paint skills!)
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

19/2/16

LEVEL UP
I trained ledyba and flabebe until they evolved. I actually trained them with vullaby, berbmite, elgyem, and larvesta . But the other 4 needed more training to evolve.

GTS
GTS helped me with seel, slowbro, and rapidash. I'm happy that I got seel from GTS, since my other option was to breed the dewgong I have with my ditto. I would've withdrawn my 6IV charmander, losing the egg moves, breed for seel, then make charmander relearn the egg moves before being able to resume breeding charmander.

WONDERTRADE
Wondertrade never fails to amaze me! I got a watchog! I'm gonna name my future watchog, Timon.

[Image: lionpokemon2_copy_by_vaporotem-d6m9x80.jpg]
It means no worries...

[Image: 11410414_1616366408619467_433586910_n.jpg]
... for the rest of your daaaysssssah!

[Image: gen5-timon-pumba.png]
it's a problem freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Image: tegaki__hakuna_matata_by_katsuhiro_miamura-d3dpd6p.png][Image: HakunaMatata3.jpg]

Philosophiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

[Image: kakuna_rattata_by_0okamiseishin-d2z81lt.png]

Kakuna Rattata (kakuna! rattata! x2)

Kakuna Rattata (kakuna! rattata! x2)

Kakuuuuuuuuuu--una Ra-tta-ta

*humming while music slowly fading out*

Ahem, I, now, have completed 71.2% of the National Dex! Woohooh!

[Image: hakuna_matata_by_seviyummy-d9pt5oo.png]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

22/2/16

DEX UPDATE:
76.8%!!!

GTS slowly but surely helping me.

I trained a bunch of pokemons I got from wonder trade, I just gotta say, dragons need special attention in training. Two days passed and I still don't have a hydreigon.

Wondertrade, although I don't expect it, actually helped me a lot, too. Some people trade pokemons that evolve from stones. I wondertraded all pokemons I trained/received to help others to complete their dex too.

BUILD UPDATE

I was thinking of something for snorlax. I was at the explosion route just like golem but I found something interesting. It's an old guide on how to use the move snatch. I liked the idea of having snorlax snatch a prankster whimsicott's cotton guard (+3 Def). Snorlax already has high HP and SpD so having a boosted Def will make it really bulky. I also added belly drum + sitrus on the strategy to give it offensive prowess as well. I thought that I might as well give his partner a switcheroo to give him leftovers after the sitrus. It's a lot of setup but having two setup options means I can choose either setup depending on the circumstances. It probably won't work on the current meta, but I'll probably just use it when battling with friends.

Just imagine fighting a fully bulk invested +3 Def +6 Atk snorlax. Goodness!

[Image: 1a892394b2c64d02962584b75fa5d978448ca16b_hq.jpg]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

21/2/16

My Infernape decided to be released into the wild. (My younger brother released him) Sad

And then i beat the elite four for the 342nd time...
(Feb 15, 2016, 06:47 PM)jouzea Wrote: So I went to battle my girl scout friend and my team leveled up.
What a suprise! @jouzea