Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

THE COMMUNAL POKéMON DIARY THREAD
what a cruel cruel world.  Sad

17/1/16

it was a normal afternoon.

I finally hatched it. after so many eggs before it. i fell in love with his golden skin as soon as i saw him. his innocent eyes looking straight through mine in wonder.

[Image: Untitled-237.png]

I carried him in my bike and rode to the only pokemon center in the area. I knew a certain someone'll be there, standing in front of the map poster.

When he saw me, wide grinned, carrying the golden lizard in my arms. He smiled and reached for the charmander as if he read my mind. The gold one still looked at me even as the judge inspected him.

My hand kept shaking.

my sweat felt cold.

The judge gave his verdict. I couldn't believe what i heard, or rather refused to. I grabbed goldy back and yelled all the insults i can think of to the "judge".

Goldy looked at me, confused.

I decided to determine it myself. I wrote in my journal what occurred up to that point. Then knowing i could come back through time, I went to my super base in the meadow, and asked help from my friend. she's a camper and have blisseys i could train with.

I made goldy, a newborn, face the three blisseys. He had no idea what to do, nor what was happening. But I knew from his look that he trusted me.

I told him to dance as the two blisseys committed sepuku. the last one i asked him to flare blitz. He was surprised by my command. He seemed to be thinking hard. was he afraid? or maybe he knew what would happen if he followed me. Nevertheless he attacked with all his might. But he just bounced off blissey's tummy and fainted.

I ran to goldy and held him in my arms. with the strength he had left, he looked at me, with eyes asking, "did i do good?"

I let him rest, and as he did, I inspected him. He had 4 perfect IVs just as what the judge said. But his important stat, Attack, was only 8-11 IV. He isn't good enough. What a cruel world indeed, he did nothing wrong, he just wasn't gifted the way i wanted him to be.

So before he woke up, I returned to the time where i last wrote in my journal. Back at the center when i just threw insults to an ace trainer. I asked for forgiveness and told him he was right. He understood me and told me it's part of his job.

I looked at goldy one last time

Then i stored him in the PC. I'm hoping to give him to someone who would appreciate him more.

So if anyone out there wants a golden charmander, contact me.

this guy needs a new home

[Image: tumblr_m02pddUhKU1rqy3eco1_1280.png]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

24/1/16

General cleaning today. I wondertraded all my charmanders in the past few days, as a result my boxes are now full. So i decided to clean it up. But instead of releasing all of it, I pick some mons that I can use for breeding. I then saw this guy

[Image: gotta_draw__em_all_collab___tirtouga_by_...8y58y5.png]

I already have two of them but with different abilities and one has Aqua Jet. So I looked for Carracosta stats and moves at pokemondb. I was surprised that it's not that bad. He has quite a good movepool. His only problem is fighting bulky grass types. He has a pretty decent SpA with his high Atk stats. His speed is useful for trick room or you can use his other ability swift swim. I ran some damage calculations and was surprised that he can survive some common attacks.

So now I'm torn between

Weakness policy vs Assault Vest. Weakness policy will take advantage of his good defense and attack stats. Defense can survive some hits then revenge it or become a force in trick room. Assault vest will give him more bulk though.

Solid rock vs Sturdy Solid rock will help him survive some attacks which is useful for either WP or AV, but sturdy is a guaranteed survival

Trick Room vs Sand Trick Room is kinda needed because of his low speed but Sand strengthens its SpD. I think i might use both. But then I won't be able to use AV since I need to protect 'til the TR is up.

[Image: a27112da16c38fc277da87635868a6b1.jpg]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

28/1/16

Ahh... I feel dumb today.

Last Monday, I saw that I played the game for 999:59. I was hyped that I'm almost to a thousand days (Yep I thought it was DAYS:HOURS). Some how I thought that the maximum time the game can display is 999:99, so I played the usual this week and every evening I'll check if it reached 99. I did this for 3 days. I wondered why it's still at 59, so i thought maybe if I save and exit the game it will be updated (it's because i don't close the game, i just put my ds to sleep mode when I'm not playing). It didn't work so I thought of something else, I somehow arrived to the conclusion that I need to sync the game for it to be updated. When it still didn't work, I thought of reasons it didn't. Because of my awesome deduction skills (Lol, it took me three days XD), I figured that it was HOURS:MINUTES played. I searched for Secret bases a lot while doing so and now only need less than a hundred flags to belong to the platinum club, so that's a consolation. Shout out to my secret base members who gave me some flags of their own, especially Victor, he gave me 35!

[Image: 10949019_1555920271323674_586998190_n.jpg]

I really like this shiny flag Heart .

Moving on,

I'm making an excel file for my competitive living dex (got the idea from @Justin). I'm filling the file with nicknames, movesets, abilities, natures, and items that I think I would want to use on them. I also put EV spreads, but the spreads can be changed to fit the team I'll use them in. At first I was doing it randomly, whatever mon I thought of, but recently, I decided to be a little systematic on my approach. So i will do it in Dex Number order, although I'll start with charizard x, since i'm already hunting for a shiny one. I'll do the final evolved ones before i go on to the pre-evolved mons.

There was a lot of mons I'm not sure how to use like: arbok, parasect, and primeape, to name a few. So I researched about them but most builds in the net are for Single battles. So I tried to make one for them myself. I somehow wanted to put their signature moves with them even if they're not that good, like pangoro's parting shot.

[Image: july_p07_02.jpg]

Of the first 25 I'm trying to build sets, all final evolved ones from venusaur to arcanine, I was intrigued with primeape.

[Image: primeape_by_shinigami_gfx-d301mq0.png]
(Thanks to Shinigami-gfx, for the photo of his primeape, Joe)

I didn't know there were defiant primeapes. It has good Atk with 95 base speed, but has 60-70 HP, Def, and SpD. Since it won't be able to survive a lot of common attacks, I focused on him being fast and strong. I will max its Atk, put 228 Spe just enough to speed creep the fastest Landorus T, the rest to be dumped to its SpD for "bulk" (Lol bulk). I'll give it scarf to outspeed any unscarfed mon except the fastest deoxys. With +2, if there were intimidates, it even has a chance to KO thundurus. He'll be a glass canon, once intimidated, with quite decent coverage from Ice punch, close combat, rock slide, and gunk shot. He would need some help against priority moves, so a partner with quick guard would help. I'll name my primeape, Pac-Man, from pound for pound king, Manny Pacquiao (imo)

[Image: 2164.jpg] [Image: wallpaper_20101004085211_7127962992.jpg?itok=I7osm4UZ]

Ahh... thinking of sets for uncommon pokemon is fun. Granted there are mons that outclasses them, still fun nonetheless.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

1/27/16

I gave Umbreon a Pink Pokepuff than he got mad at me 0_0
31/1/16

Good news:

[Image: phffsTI.jpg?1]

999 flags in secret base!!! one more and i'll have the shiny flag!!!!!!!!!

Bad news:

[Image: dylrKIk.jpg]

Another shiny charmander hatched. This time I could live with her stats, but she's a girl and I need a boy charmander to be named after the second in command of the revolutionary, Dragon's Claw, Sabo.

I think I'll post some flyers or notices of them for adoption.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

2/1/16

Two awesome people inquired about my Shiny Charmanders: @Asdfhjkl and @Shiny Mew.

I messed up with Asdfhjkl, though. I didn't check if he was online at the time of his message, turned out he was, and was actually waiting for the trade. My bad @Asdfhjkl, please forgive me  Angel  I'll hit him up a trade when i see him online.

I plan to give the other one to shiny mew

I heard there are a lot of mew running around today and the event will last for a few weeks. Too bad, there's none in my region. I contacted trainer Josh from a different country and asked if it's true. He said there really were a few mew around. The phenomenon actually happened before, I asked him if he can get me one and he did. Now i also have a mew. It was from a trainer named GF according to it's nametag. It's level 100 though it only knows how to pound. Makes me wonder what GF was thinking when he/she trained this mew. It also has a classic ribbon.

[Image: 78527bcb1e1f260b53d36c4c579f7ae25b8bf58f_large.jpg]

In the meantime, I'm still breeding for my charmander. I also left two of my deinos in the daycare at Route 117 hoping for modest that has 5IVs.

[Image: baby_deino_by_sasodeifangirl13-d3wxeo1.jpg]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

2/2/16

Ever since we received the Platinum rank, my fellow team mugiwara became more active. Usually they just help me with one task but today they each helped me twice. Pretty cool.

We went treasure hunting and we had a pretty great haul: comet shards, rare bones, pearls, and a couple of pearl strings. We sold all of it and decided to save the proceeds for the most expensive ribbon in Mauville City. It's too expensive, I know, but I don't have any other plan to use my savings with.

Then I asked them to help me hatch my deino eggs. They really were a great help since it'll take me a long time to hatch them myself. I wanted to wondertrade them, but the network seems to be having problems. I couldn't trade with Asdfhjkl, too. I'm not sure who created the wondertrade and trade system, Lanette? Bill?, whoever it is, I hope they fix it fast.

We were also reminiscing the time when we went to visit Junichi Masuda's Secret Base. Yep, THE Masuda. He had some amazing pikachus with him.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMURwEM-Gi8rVFyMpeaLA...O50G9z-Vmw]

Updated my excel list again, I searched for sets for Poliwrath and found an interesting one. Apparently a guy named Polecat, also known as Double Poli Guy, used it back in National US 2014. I read his report and he ran it with Belly Drum. Pretty cool idea to take advantage of his swift swim.

[Image: poliwrath_by_nastyjungle-d4l4gt0.png]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

i am online rn
when are you available for trade

2/2/16

I was wonder trading the whole day. I gained myself a shiny kingdra and a shiny shinx as well as many spiritombs.
3/2/16

I finally traded my 2nd shiny charmander to Serena (@Asdfhjkl)

I got stuck thinking what's good moveset for golem. I can only think of him exploding as a suicide lead. First turn, set up something (a weather maybe), then survive attack through his sturdiness. He got six weaknesses and a slow speed. At least he have wide guard.

I'm still thinking about something and it's getting frustrating.

[Image: kiif1d6mgu5ujl1yn1we.png]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

I know im a bit late but
4-2-16
I finally got trusted user thnx to chase infinity and i now have shiny haxourous and eevee but im windering what to evolve it to tho im planning on umbreon
This is the lore of the jungle as old and as true as the sky the wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die