Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

THE COMMUNAL POKéMON DIARY THREAD
5/2/16

I finally decided to take advantage of golem's six weaknesses. If I give it a weakness policy, perfect with his sturdiness, the explosion will be more powerful. I also looked for a teammate who can give him a helping hand to make it more powerful. The pokemon i picked is this guy:

[Image: I+loves+medicham+what+move+would+you+sub...5dd54e.jpg]
(image is SZubuza and his medicham)

Some gifted medicham have telepathy that can save it self from the explosion and can learn to give a helping hand from a shop in the battle resort. AND he can also learn feint just from battling experience to destroy those protection barriers!

Most pokemons are guaranteed to be KO'ed by a helping hand +2 max attack adamant natured golem explosion. Boom!
[Image: golem_use_selfdestruct_by_dodododoodle-d4pb8t2.png]
(look at that terrifying golem of ashmish)

There are problems though. He's too slow so he could get KO'ed if he gets damaged by two mons. And priority moves can stop him if i decide to wait for turn two to detonate.

I thought of a lot of movesets for pokemons now but actually I'm still breeding for a shiny male charmander with 5 IVs  Sad
I'm breeding deino, too, and my secret base friends are helping me. They help me look for treasures, too. Now I can almost afford the expensive ribbon [Image: gorgeousroyalribbon.png]. Should it go to bijou or ace?
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

7/2/16

Last night, I checked my dex for pokemons I still don't have and noticed i've never seen a spearow nor its evolved form yet. So, immediately I went to deposit one of my dragon dancer charmander in the GTS for one.

Today, charmander was still there so I took him back and looked for deposited fearows and spearows instead. Most were asking for legendaries but i saw one asking for an Eevee...lvl 91 or higher! So i checked my eevee box and my most experienced one is at level 13, one i got from wondertrade. I know I have a friend in my secret base that specialize at training and have some blisseys i can spar with. So i took the eevee, gave it lucky egg for luck (lol) then activated one of my o-powers, exp power (I still have to practice more to perfect this power, though)

[Image: opower2.jpg]

I then went to my base and started the training. After 3 blisseys, the eevee was at level 40. I still need 51 levels. I know I have a lot of rare candies from my boyfriend, Yayan. He told me to use it for maxing up levels since its harder for higher leveled mons to level up. Since it'll be faster, I decided to just give a bunch of candies to eevee. The eevee liked it so i kept feeding it. It was evolving at some point so i stopped it then gave it an everstone. After a lot of rare candies (51 lol) I managed to get it to level 91.

[Image: e9acc1ea0e54a018875ad087c38aaaa2cb5bbb71...424f2b.jpg]

I finally traded it for the fearow.

[Image: 022_Fearow_Sharenators_Very_Own_Pokedex-...-83835.png]

But then, i wanted a sniper fearow. So in the end I regretted my impulsive trading.

I looked for other ways to get a fearow, and I learned that it can be found in Victory Road at Kalos Region. So I called Yayan since he's at Kalos and asked for one. Hopefully he can find a sniper one.

Speaking of Yayan, I remember him saying he worked with a guy named Looker. He described Looker to me and I think I saw a guy in the battle resort fitting the description. I went to talk to the guy but he seemed to have lost his memories. Next time when he's okay, I'll take his picture and send it to Yayan for confirmation.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

Yayan's Diary

2/7/16

While I was at Battle Maison, I received a call from my girlfriend, Miya. She was upset about something, she didn't quite explain it well, but what i picked up were: she wanted a HA fearow; she fed an eevee 51 rare candies (what?!); and something about GTS. I knew that there are wild fearows on Victory Road, they usually swoop down on trainers near the ruins. I told her I'll catch one for her and hoped she felt a little better.

I changed to my hunting gear

[Image: vcwQJ7O.jpg]
[Image: FsfXwnl.jpg]
selfie time  :D

I withdrew my hunting team (still incomplete though, still don't have one with false swipe): Kroh, my murkrow; Li'l Rod, my pikachu; and Gus, my pidgeot.

After cycling round and round the ruins, a fearow finally swoop down. I immediately asked Kroh to give it a mean look, although the fearow didn't really look like it would try to escape, as it went to attack Kroh with drill run.

It probably thought Kroh isn't fast enough to dodge him, but Kroh just flew without taking any damage. I then switched in Li'l Rod.

He seemed really enthusiastic, probably because he spent too much time in our backyard playing with my mom's rhyhorn. It's been a while since i last called him to battle but he demonstrated his agility as he dodged the fearow's attack. He moved so fast, the fearow couldn't move as Li'l Rod nuzzled it.

It was still pretty healthy so i asked Li'l rod to give it a thunderbolt to further weaken it. Li'l Rod gave me a confused look, I nodded and gave another signal to attack. Li'l Rod gave it one of his most powerful thunderbolt and it landed with a critical hit!

It was my turn to be confused. I gave Li'l Rod a questioning stare but he seemed to be proud of what it did.
[Image: 3065499-0228878081-Pikac.jpg]
It dawned on me that i didn't orient my team about our task. Li'l Rod probably had an idea that we were hunting but he got confused when I asked him to thunderbolt the fearow. So I gathered my team and told them about the task.

After seven fearows, we still didn't caught a sniper. I then thought of other ways to catch one and friend safaris, immediately came to mind. So i asked Gus to take me to the friend safari building.

[Image: Kalos_Kiloude_City_Map.png]

I have 7 friends with flying safaris but I never visited any of them before, thus got no idea what they have. I checked them all but sadly, none of them have spearow.

I then tried to look at the Global Trading Station and most were asking for legendaries. I deposited instead asking for a spearow. I looked around the internet and found a guy with a spearow on his safari. I sent him a message and waited for his reply.

While waiting, I decided to enter the battle spot. I battled twice with my team: Blace, my charizard Y; Broot, my chesnaught; Toothless, my Haxorus; Moriah, my crobat; Ponggo, my flareon; and Heracles'n, my heracross.

I ended up leading Moriah and Toothless with backups, Blace and Heracles'n for both games. Both of my opponents used a lot of legendaries and common mons on their team.

The first one had a landorus, thundurus, xerneas, kangaskhan (pretty sure it was a mega), talonflame, and something i couldn't remember. The second one had an yveltal, charizard Y(with a dragon claw), lapras, and a mewtwo (the other two I forgot).

Toothless sword danced as Moriah confused one of the opponent's lead in both games. After a dance, Toothless was unstoppable. It KO'ed most of my opponent's team with earthquake or dragon claw. It even caused the opposing xerneas in one of it's earthquakes to flinch because of his held king's rock.

Moriah on the other hand, just used confuse ray and u-turn. Although confuse ray didn't do us any good as the confused mon still managed to attack, Moriah didn't faint as i trained it to be somewhat bulky, taking a thunderbolt like a boss and recovering through black sludge. It even picked up some KOs as it u-turned low HP yveltal and mewtwo.

Blace came in from the U-turns but unfortunately didn't do much as the game was good as over when he switched in. He knocked out the very low HP lapras with a heat wave, at least, while Heracles'n didn't even get to participate. Both games ended 4-0 so i was kinda happy with my performance.

After two battles I checked, and the guy I sent request to, Musashi, accepted it. I also checked the GTS and my fearow was traded. Sadly the spearow from GTS has a keen eye.

I went to Musashi's safari and caught a couple spearows still with keen eye. I then withdrew a ralts i received from wonder trade months ago, to make use of its trace ability. After a few tries, I finally caught a sniper!

I went online and noticed a message from @terrorkid94. It was sent hours before, so immediately read it. Turned out he was offering help on breeding a HA spearow! If only I checked my inbox earlier! I would've gladly accepted his offer but I just literally caught one seconds ago. But I really appreciate his offer, what a cool dude!

I sent the spearow holding a power herb (where did I got this anyway?) to Miya.

[Image: tumblr_nakp5qkVHJ1qb573uo1_500.jpg]
thanks for the sketch jess!

After changing my sweaty clothes, I then resumed my training in Battle Maison for the rest of the day.

It was a pretty exhausting day.

Exhausting indeed.

Imma take a bath now *yawn*

...if i manage to get up  :P

[Image: cd0e989b21f04b58e31430ced800f3e7.jpg]
thanks Amaterasu for the pic
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

10/2/16

Yay! Yayan caught me a spearow! he even make it hold power herb!

Then I was back on my quest breeding for a shiny charmander.

But something happened this morning, I got another code for the event mew

[Image: 11684-20031229151422.jpg]

The first one i got, i was kinda regretting not softresetting for a good natured preferred IV one. But now I have a second chance, my previous mew will go to my younger brother (technically Yayan's), Otep.

I have two tasks now, so to balance them out; I'll alternate hatching 6 eggs and 10 SR tries for mew. When all my trade boxes are full I'll wondertrade 6 each then 10 SR.

I wonder how long it'll take me. Hmm...
Currently my odds of hatching a male shiny charmander with preferred 5IVs is at 0.0071% or 1 out of every 14,169.9459 eggs!

I'm not even sure how to compute for the odds for event pokemons.

But whatever the odds, just like the 20th anniversary super bowl pokemon ad, I have no doubt in my mind that

[Image: giphy.gif]
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

11/2/16

FINALLY!!!

[Image: orgRA3s.jpg]
please excuse mah awesome editing skills

I decided to sell all the treasures, me and my secret base team gathered this past three days, as a result, I had enough money to purchase one gorgeous royal ribbon!

This is my most expensive purchase. It's even the same price as one bike in other regions!

I still had 4 nuggets left to sell when i had [Image: Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png]999,832. I was afraid that my money card can only be loaded up to  [Image: Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png]999,999 and the remainder will be lost. So i decided to sell some premier balls ([Image: premierball.png]) to minimize my loss. To my surprise, my card can take even more than a million pokedollars! I then sold my remaining nuggets.

I then prepared myself some bargaining plans to try and negotiate for a better price. Unfortunately, the saleslady didn't gave in. She told me the price is fixed and she'll get in trouble if she gave me a discount.

I left for a while to withdraw PortgasDAce and went back. Ace was very happy and he can't wait to boast that he has one more ribbon than the others on the battle box.

[Image: 3vooft8.jpg?1]

Pretty sure Bijou will envy him.

Updates:
Charmander - Two shinies hatched so far. One was already adopted. Goldy is still waiting for Shiny Mew to pick him up.
Deino - I replace two parents, now both with X/31/31/31/31/X still waiting for a 31/X/31/31/31/31 offspring
Mew - After 20 SRs best I had was 31/0/31/31/31/X (Atk+,Def-)
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

12/2/16

Previously, I arranged my pokemons in my boxes according to their types. But as I filled up most of the boxes, it was difficult to determine which pokemon I don't have yet. And while I could look into my dex, I find it difficult to organize them whenever I received something breedable from wonder trade because of pokemon with dual typing.

So since morning I was arranging them in accordance to their pokedex number. It was a lot of work, and halfway I was kinda wishing for the computers to have a sort option. I hope the new Computer model will have that function.

I didn't go full dex arrangement though, as i want related mons to be beside each other. So baby evolutions will be beside their family, branch evolutions will be together, and vivillions are in the last box because it will be better to look at them in a separate box with all their possible patterns.

I'm finished now, and it's clearer to see what mons I'm still missing. Now I'm in the mood to catch some defiant mankeys. I know I can find them at the Jagged Pass although I've never seen one before. Time to take a break from hatching eggs and softresetting. It's now time to make use of PokeNAv +!

[Image: large.jpg]

Truly a wonderful tool as it will allow me to catch a hidden ability mankey!

[Image: 616px-ORAS_Pok%C3%A9Nav_Plus.png]

Woot woot!

BTW @ChaseInfinity, @naitre please give my thanks to whoever gave the option to limit the sizes of pictures. Also nice to see the tag option is improved. Awesome work guys!
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

13/2/16

I finally caught a mankey! It's not defiant though so I'll need to hunt again when i have some free time. I reformatted my phone today and downloaded a pretty good app
[Image: fOZhx7QhFwym_dcwILrLM6HuvMyO113tnRPfsUEW...cDe9J=h900]
(mods, is it okay to advertise this app? I'm not affiliated to the creator and the app is free, just thought people will find it useful too)

It's a useful one, aside from having lists of pokemons, moves, items, and abilities; it even have type charts and locations of where to catch mons. One more important thing that it has are: stat, IV, and catch rate calculators.

The IV calculator is especially useful when i'm softresetting for my mew. Although it's kinda easy to estimate the IVs of mew (it has base 100 in all stats), it's still good being sure of the IVs. The best one I had was 31/29/31/31/28/27. I probably settled on it if only its nature was better, it was docile. I'm still not sure what set I'm running on him though.

I still don't have a shiny charmander nor a 5 IV deino. T3T

QUICK UPDATE: I just softresetted a rash mew with 31/30/31/31/31/29. It's perfect since I can run it mixed although I need to make sure my EV spreads can cover up its minor shortages. HAPPY!!
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

15/2/16

[Image: a688c95e450f6da0efad57c445f97900.jpg]

Still hatching eggs for shiny charmander and a deino. I finally hatched a deino with 5 IVs but it doesn't have the necessary speed IV. It's still a progress though, I'll just pair it with some of the 4 IV ones to atleast have a chance (0.1302% of the time or 1 out of every 768 eggs) of breeding my preferred deino (31/x/31/31/31/31).

I am now considering getting one of those shiny charms to help me with charmander. It's not exact science but maybe it's worth a try. I just need to complete my national dex to get one. I still have a lot missing, and the others I need to evolve some in my box. I got a lot of mons in my boxes already waiting to be used for breeding, might as well evolve them.

Yeah, I'll probably do that. This time I'm gonna catch 'em all then I'll breed 'em all!

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

A disappointing thing happened today. @Justin, due to his kindness and awesome hair (don't care if you cut your hair, you're forever embedded in my memory with your hair and beard), decided to give me a heatran this morning. I already caught a heatran but at the time I caught one, I didn't know about soft resetting (L+R+Start) nor competitive battling. I wanted to have one that i can use in battles but I have no way to catch another so I requested one in one of his hairness giveaways. He told me to wait for 20 minutes and he'll give me one. I was so happy, though I had to contain it since I'm at the office. I checked my battery and as soon as I did, it changed from blue to red. I searched frantically over my things looking for my golden wire.

[Image: 10x-For-Nintendo-3DS-3DS-XL-DSi-DSi-XL-N...a-Sync.jpg]

After triple checking my bag and pockets, it dawned on me that I left it at home. So I turned it off to preserve energy and pray that it survives additional 30 minutes. after 20 mins. I turned it on then went straight to the trade option. I waited for it to finally connect to the internet but it failed. I knew his hairness is gonna be online any moment then, so I tried again. And again it failed. And worse came to worst when the red light started beeping. I immediately tried the other routers available: the other office router and my phone as a hotspot. It failed to connect on both. Though my prayer worked and the 3dsxl survived for more than 30 mins, the problem was connecting to the internet.

Again due to his awesomeness, and majestic hair, he forgave me and will give me another chance, Thanks @Justin

[Image: mRLyTksn.png]
picture made by @Tabasco Boshi
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

(Feb 14, 2016, 09:17 PM)jouzea Wrote: [Image: a688c95e450f6da0efad57c445f97900.jpg]

Still hatching eggs for shiny charmander and a deino. I finally hatched a deino with 5 IVs but it doesn't have the necessary speed IV. It's still a progress though, I'll just pair it with some of the 4 IV ones to atleast have a chance (0.1302% of the time or 1 out of every 768 eggs) of breeding my preferred deino (31/x/31/31/31/31).
OMG I love this picture! @jouzea and btw i feel exactly like you!
(Feb 14, 2016, 09:58 PM)Swimmingpenguin791 Wrote: OMG I love this picture! @jouzea and btw i feel exactly like you!

I actually saw it in my fb timeline and burst into laughter, I knew many would relate to it, as I have so decided to use the picture, not mine though and I couldn't source it
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?