Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Trick Room Team
Got the idea of this team from one of Aaron Zheng's videos recently and decided to try it out. Still debating on my last couple slots (I've been testing different Pokemon) so let me know your suggestions.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 103 HP / 128 Def / 25 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Psychic

Trick Room setter, obviously. Put in 252 Speed EVs because I want her to be able to set up Trick Room ASAP. She's pretty bulky too and has Leftovers and has Helping Hand for support.

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Return
- Shadow Ball

Hyper Voice spam. Yep. Also has those other moves to deal with Wide Guard users.

Bob (Hariyama) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Knock Off

I love that Hari can get Wide Guard AND Fake Out. Also has Close Combat to deal with Pokemon like M-Kang. Once Trick Room is set up, he can basically annihilate everyone. 

Camerupt (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I underestimated this guy. I thought M-Camerupt was goofy. But he's pretty awesome with Heat Wave. Obviously using him as my Mega slot.

I'm really unsure about my next two slots. I just really like these Pokemon a lot but I feel like I could use one of these for an extra Mega slot. I put Salamence in here for awhile just to have an extra Mega in the back but never really used him. (Considering I have a trick room team anyway lol) Suggestions for different Pokemon would be appreciated here. Maybe I need more support Pokemon? I've seen Rotom-W used with this team and might try him instead of Bisharp or Milotic. I want to keep at least one for the Competitive/Defiant boost.

Bisharp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Fishy (Milotic) (M) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 54 HP / 40 Def / 162 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Safeguard
- Recover
You're probably better off using the 252 speed EVs on cress and making her bulkier. If your worried about taunt use mental herb
(Jan 10, 2015, 02:30 PM)Eckley Wrote: You're probably better off using the 252 speed EVs on cress and making her bulkier. If your worried about taunt use mental herb

Good idea. And yeah screw Taunt... it's so annoying. ;_;
Wide guard doesn't work with an assault vest so change it to ice punch or some other coverage
Yeah i would not invest in speed but rather in her SpD or Physical Defense because a common thing is Kang Bisharp in order to shut down that Trick Room immediatly.
also something that is big with this trick room is gastrodon as a switch in with Storm Drain so you can protect your Camerupt from the 4x Weakness.
Also something that Eckley is going to like, Amoongus in the Trick Room setup can put the enemy pkmn asleep very quickly and tank even more for your camerupt : 3
Yeah the assault vest would be another thing i wanted to mention and I personally prefer Hyper Beam on Sylveon over that Return just because it deals an immense amount of damage and you use it to OHKO a pkmn and return might not do that.
Also you might go with psyshock on cress because you have a lot of sp atk and this sp atk which targets the physical def might help you in some cases. Personally i also run flash cannon over the HP ice on camerupt.
Trick Room has a -7 priority so no matter the Pokemon speed it will be the last move

[Image: xd77sl.jpg]
Cool Team Mega Camerupt is scary when TR is up
#TeamForum

(Jan 10, 2015, 02:34 PM)Black117 Wrote: Wide guard doesn't work with an assault vest so change it to ice punch or some other coverage

I'm dumb lolol I'll change that. 

Also I might put M-Salamence back in (in place of Bisharp) cause M-Camperupt + Rain teams = No.

Edit: does this seem better for cress? I forget the EV spread I had before, but she was bulkier before I moved the speed EVs.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 103 HP / 252 Def / 25 SpA / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Psychic
That build looks great!
If you have trouble with Rain teams Cresselia can Learn sunny day
#TeamForum

Rain Teams are something you can also counter with Gastrodon at least a bit. A second mega might be too much. Something I have also seen is a Talonflame with Taunt in a trick room team. Might be helpful to set up things or a good counter to a ludicolo