Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Raichu Build
Hi I want to use a Raichu.. BUT, I dont know what build to use. Please help me!!Also please tell me what kind of battle to use this Raichu
Typically most have Raichu build run 4/252/252 since they are usually frail and cannot take an attack. (I'm assuming this is a VGC Build since these are more difficult to use for novice players.

Here's one I have...

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightningrod
Level: 50
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
– Thunderbolt
– Hidden Power [Ice]
– Fake Out
– Encore

Basically the goal of this Raichu set is to protect its partner, usually something weak to electric since Lighting Rod will redirect all electric attacks to Raichu, like say a Charizard Y, or even Mega Gyarados. Its a good way to stop Thundurus-I since it cannot use Thunderbolt or Prankster Thunder Wave. Fake Out is to flinch any two targets before they can even attack, while Raichu's partner setups or attacks. Thunderbolt and HP Ice is just the classic "BoltBeam" combo which hits anything except for Pokemon like Lanturn at least neutrally. Encore is opted to trap your opponent into a status move like Protect, Substitute, or even setup moves like Dragon Dance, or even Tailwind for 3 turns. Best part is the opponent will be forced to switch out so take full advantage of this opportunity.
On Kiev's note, you can run Nuzzle or Thunder Wave for paralysis
[Insert signature here]