Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Mega Banette Moveset - Offensive Support
[Image: tumblr_mujahfltHw1sc0sygo1_500.png]

This haunted Marionette Pokemon has been sitting on the sidelines of the VGC metagame for a very long time, thats why im here to show you why Banette is not the weakest mega and why he should be feared by his foes, let me show you the power of this spoooooky pokemon.

[Image: 354-mega.gif]
Type: Ghost
Base Stats:
    Non-Mega: 64 Hp / 115 Atk / 65 Def / 83 SpAtk / 63 SpDef / 65 Spe
    Mega: 64 Hp / 165 Atk / 75 Def / 93 SpAtk / 83 SpDef / 75 Spe
Weaknesses: Ghost (2x), Dark (2x)
Resistances: Poison (.5x), Bug (.5x)
Immunities: Normal (0x), Fighting (0x)
Abilities:

Non-Mega:
  • Insomnia: The Pokémon cannot be put to Sleep while having this ability.
  • Frisk: Reveals the foe’s held item.
  • [HA] Cursed Body: When a move makes contact with the Pokémon, that move has a 30% chance of getting disabled
   Mega:
  • Prankster: Status category moves have their Speed Priority increased by 1

[VGC] Mega Banette Moveset - Offensive Support

[Image: 354-mega.gif]
Banette-Mega @ Banettite  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 148 Def / 68 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Gunk Shot
- Phantom Force  / Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch
- Disable / Taunt
- Destiny Bond / Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

Alot of people complain that Mega Banette obtains the prankster ability but doesn't get the Stat investment to benefit from it, but i say that it the perfect opportunity to go for a Offensive Support, Banette, with his monstrous base Attack of 165 ca OHKO or 2HKO most of the metagame, plus all his status moves allows his to be a nuisance to your opponent, remember your mega doesn't necessarily have to be the base of your team, you could also have a dual mega team.
Now onto the moves, first lets start of with Gunk Shot a move no one would expect to be on Banette and man this move hits like a truck, let me show you this:
0 Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 180-214 (89.5 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO,    
0 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 204-242 (141.6 - 168%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
That is with 0 Evs, 0 Ivs, and a neutral Nature and it still has a chance to OHKO.
Next is Phantom force, the main reason i love this attack is because its ability to hit through protect, while also have a 90 base power with still does alot of damage. Some alternative for Phantom Force or even Gunk Shot are, Shadow Claw a pretty strong Ghost type move, Shadow Sneak allowing you to potential attack first and finish of your opponent, and Sucker Punch which basically is the same as Shadow Sneak but if the opponent doesn't attack the move fails. Disable plus Prankster ability is an amazing combination, is there is a move you fear, just disable it, and unless the opponent uses a priority faster than Banette its always gonna disable to move they used last turn. An alternative is turn, preventing your foe from using a status move. Since Banette still is a fragile Pokemon Prankster Destiny Bound is a great combination, know your gonna be KO'd next turn why not take your opponent down with you. Finally some alternative are Will-o-wisp and Thunder Wave to shut down your opponent. Now the Ev spread is used to survive certain attacks suck as, Sucker Punch from Kang, Showball from Sylveon and so on. Please remember that i compared these to common sets, so Banette wont survive every time its just based on the EV spread of the opponent.
Damage Calculations:

Offensive

40 Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 186-220 (92.5 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
40 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 210-248 (145.8 - 172.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
40 Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 67-79 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
40 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 82-97 (49.6 - 58.7%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
40 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 100-118 (64.5 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
40 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 37-44 (26.2 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
40 Atk Mega Banette Phantom Force vs. 220 HP / 172 Def Cresselia: 110-132 (49.3 - 59.1%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

Defensive

252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Mega Banette: 144-170 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Mega Banette: 130-154 (76 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Mega Banette: 96-114 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Mega Banette: 86-102 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Mega Banette: 81-96 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 78.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Mega Banette: 182-218 (106.4 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Potential Teammates include, but aren't limited to;
  • Hard Hitting Pokemon: Banette is able to pokemon such as Bisharp while also doing a good amount of damage from his own attacks.
  • Redirecting Pokemon: Pokemon Such as Amoongus is able to redirect attacking keeping Banette alive for a little bit longer.

Threats include, but aren't limited to;
  • Hard Hitting Pokemon: As you can see from the Damage Calculations above, Pokemon such as Bisharp can OHKO Banette easily, so watch out for them.
  • Taunt Pokemon/Priority Moves: Pokemon Faster than Banette using a priority move can stop Banette in his tracks and finish him off quick.

Other Notable Moves
  • Knock off: Dealing a decent amount of damage and also removing the users item
  • Trick Room: Banette isnt the fastest of Pokemon so being on a Trick Room team could be good
  • Pain Split: The user adds its HP to the target's HP, then equally shares the combined HP with the target.
  • Magic Coat: A barrier reflects back to the target moves like Leech Seed and moves that damage status.
  • Foul Play: The user turns the target's power against it. The higher the target's Attack stat, the greater the damage.
  • Protect: Protecting from Damage

Other Notable Items
  • None: Its a mega pokemon set Kappa

If anyone has any suggestions I will gladly add it to the original post, also if you see any mistakes in my calcs please say so, I know Banette isn't the best competitive pokemon but I hope this showed you the power Banette posses :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I love this! I may consider Banette now :P Smile
Nice write up Anime! Although Mega Banette might not have the greatest defenses, having access to Prankster is a big help, allowing it to W-o-W physical attackers or stop any potential KO move by Protecting and then Disabling the move. Great work :]
(Oct 7, 2015, 12:49 PM)Eckley Wrote: Nice write up Anime! Although Mega Banette might not have the greatest defenses, having access to Prankster is a big help, allowing it to W-o-W physical attackers or  stop any potential KO move by Protecting and then Disabling the move. Great work :]

or you can pair it with fake out smeragle Kappa
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad