Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] 2015 VGC Team - Please Rate
This team is centered around sand and the 2013 meta.

[Image: excadrill.gif]
Excadrill @ King's Rock
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Excadrill in the sand is powerful since it outspeeds pretty much anything. King's rock and Rock Slide flinch and Iron Head is an extra stab and flinch move. Drill Run over Earthquake because Tyranitar is the main sand set. Protect is useful to get rid of a turn of trick room and protection from Fighting and Mega-Blaziken.

[Image: tyranitar-mega.gif]
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

The main sand setter and the mega is T-tar. Stab Rock Slide is powerful and Stab Crunch for Aegislash and Cresselia and when it is better to go for than Rock Slide. Ice Punch is for Dragons. Protect is for possible OHKO fighting moves

[Image: togekiss.gif]
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 104 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Follow Me

I wanted to run this set for the longest time since I took up VGC in Nov 2014 now it is possible. This is Trollkiss in VGC.

[Image: rotom-mow.gif]
Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 4 SpA / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This form of Rotom takes care of Water Pokemon and Will-O for many physical threats and Cresselia (Cresselia is too bulky).

[Image: blaziken.gif]
Blaziken @ Shell Bell
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Protect
- Overheat

Blaziken is the answer to the other weaknesses on my team. Brave Bird is for Fighting, Superpower is for other Sand Teams and is a good stab. Overheat is for steel types. Protect for Speed Boost. On a side note if I plan to use Speed Boost Blaziken, I'll need a Hidden Ability Torchic.

[Image: gastrodon.gif]
Gastrodon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 200 HP / 52 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sandstorm
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is the second sand setter and prevents Water pokemon from being used effectively on my team.

Suggestions and EV suggestions are welcomed.
if you need a ha torchic i can breed u 1 tonight if you want Smile
Thanks because so far this team is doing well. Smile
Terrackion will be a hard matchup for this team. It deals knockout damage to Blaziken, Excadrill, and T-Tar and they are your main offensive Pokemon on the team.
ok i got a 5iv speed boost adamant torchic for you lacks sp att add me IGN = chris Smile
My IGN is Walter.
I like Gastrodon on it but your team really gets wiped by strong attackers that cover like Garchomp and Terrrakion. Only play makers that stop them are Gastrodon and your Grass rotom but you can't have a team of 4 rely on 2.
I know you guys said Terrakion might be a problem but I scared it out in this battle.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/vgc2015-195151332
did he band himself into protect or something why would you swap out vs 2 foes u have a stab se attack on..... i'm so confused
This guy in the battle also used Sub Charizard Y which is very questionable AND the battle only went 2 turns. We are relating the team to work on 1: in an acutal ORAS battle 2: Vs opponents in a 4v4 format that don't forefit within the first 3 turns.