Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Any suggestions on Hitmontop?
(Jan 20, 2015, 05:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Sucker Punch isn't legal in VGC

I hadn't even noticed it was there. :P
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
(Jan 21, 2015, 12:02 AM)SjoerdDN Wrote:
(Jan 20, 2015, 05:52 PM)CruiseVGC Wrote: With all the Sylveon's running around, Wide Guard is a better option.

But if your team struggles with Talonflame, go Quick Guard. The risk with this however is that Talonflame can get a free Tailwind off if you predict BB and go for Quick Guard. The Choice Band set has kinda gave way to the Tailwind set (at least in my experience).

All depends on your team. But if you can deal with Talonflame, go Wide Guard. If not, Quick Guard

I'd run him in either combination with Thunders-T, Garchomp, Smeargle or Milotic or Khan, I have Fake out on Smeargle and Khan as well as Hitmontop then, in combination with a rockslide, thunderbolt of scald it most often deals with most Talonflame. So my help would really be Wide Guard actually. I always end up losing to Rock slides, Heat Waves and Hyper Voices.

Yeah, go with Wide Guard, it would benefit your team, as you have no real resistance to Fairy, so you can bait Hyper Voices into Wide Guard.
Thanks for the explanation Tyga. You allowed him to dodge looking like a fool. Also Technician Hitmontop won't do much in this VGC season if anyone brings a Talonflame or anything that out speeds it or takes its attacks quite well. For this reason, I think chesky's set is a bit more practical, however, keep in mind that you can't use Sucker Punch on Hitmontop in VGC
[Insert signature here]