Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Any suggestions on Hitmontop?
I was thinking about making this Hitmontop. Any comments on it?

Hitmontop @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard

The idea behind it is to go solely for priority giving them a boost with Technician. Close Combat is also an option for more damage or Quick Guard to counter out priority.
---------------------
“BLEH!” A sophisticated Shuppet.
I think your build is good but you could consider this build too

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard/Wide Guard
- Detect/Feint/Sucker Punch

Quick Guard helps to cover against slower Fake Outs,Brave Bird,Bullet Punch,Mach Punch or a annoying Thundurus Prankster Thunder Wave
Wide Guard helps you against Heat Wave,Earthquake,Rock Slide,Hyper Voice etc
Detect if you want to play safe when you have bad times
Feint is a good option because can break Protect,Wide Guard or Quick Guard so your teammate could do heavy damage
Sucker Punch if you want to cover against Psychic and Ghost but I think they survive easily because the lack of power
Yes this is also good!
---------------------
Sucker Punch isn't legal in VGC
[Insert signature here]
what do the 80 speed ev's help you outspeed? just curious
#TeamForum

With all the Sylveon's running around, Wide Guard is a better option.

But if your team struggles with Talonflame, go Quick Guard. The risk with this however is that Talonflame can get a free Tailwind off if you predict BB and go for Quick Guard. The Choice Band set has kinda gave way to the Tailwind set (at least in my experience).

All depends on your team. But if you can deal with Talonflame, go Wide Guard. If not, Quick Guard
(Jan 20, 2015, 05:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Sucker Punch isn't legal in VGC

Have you heard of Sucker Punch Mega Kangaskhan? It`s quite common on Battle Spot Doubles which operates under VGC rules.
(Jan 20, 2015, 09:33 PM)Bosstacos Wrote:
(Jan 20, 2015, 05:17 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Sucker Punch isn't legal in VGC

Have you heard of Sucker Punch Mega Kangaskhan? It`s quite common on Battle Spot Doubles which operates under VGC rules.

it is not possible to have a vgc legal Hitmontop with the blue pentagon that knows sucker punch.
#TeamForum

(Jan 20, 2015, 05:20 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: what do the 80 speed ev's help you outspeed? just curious

Come to think of it nothing, everything will be priority anyway and Hitmontop will never outspeed a fake out from Khan, Weavile, Raichu.
---------------------
(Jan 20, 2015, 05:52 PM)CruiseVGC Wrote: With all the Sylveon's running around, Wide Guard is a better option.

But if your team struggles with Talonflame, go Quick Guard. The risk with this however is that Talonflame can get a free Tailwind off if you predict BB and go for Quick Guard. The Choice Band set has kinda gave way to the Tailwind set (at least in my experience).

All depends on your team. But if you can deal with Talonflame, go Wide Guard. If not, Quick Guard

I'd run him in either combination with Thunders-T, Garchomp, Smeargle or Milotic or Khan, I have Fake out on Smeargle and Khan as well as Hitmontop then, in combination with a rockslide, thunderbolt of scald it most often deals with most Talonflame. So my help would really be Wide Guard actually. I always end up losing to Rock slides, Heat Waves and Hyper Voices.
---------------------