Poll: Should Contrary Serperior be allowed in VGC?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Contrary Serperior to be allowed use in VGC
There will be a new event for ORAS in Japan that will give you a Contrary Serperior (Which contrary is its HA) What I'm looking at is that there'll be a Serperior with Contrary, Choice Specs and Leaf Storm. It will be hard to get Seperior defeated for sure.
i don't see a reason why not i mean its fast but it requires set up time + talonflame checks it really hard and its not exactly out the meta coupled with how prevalent ice moves are. Given the fact this also requires a turn to get the set-up it may shake the meta up a it but its no worse than many other threats + with breeding and wondertrading we'll soon be seeing these in everyone's hands
It does make it a lot more viable though, because it hasn't got the best movepool offensively, and since you get +2 after one leaf storm, you don't even have to invest 252 into SpA, do you could use those spare EVs to make it a little bulkier.
tbh i can't wait for it it might finally get rid of rotom wash from the meta :D

i really hate that pokemon so much i have a nick-name for it that i won't say it on here in case of children but it just involves adding an s and u have a really fitting name for this annoying thing....
Its only a threat if people it him get off. If they play it smart and get the best match before he starts to set up he gets OHKOed and is a waste. Same for Blaziken with Talonflame. If Tflame gets off BB its a OHKO and Blaziken is worthless.
I was just looking on bulbapedia and serperior gets dragon pulse and aqua tail via move tutor in oras, which gives him slight better coverage.
If you play smart with it, I think it's going to be something to look out for
u need to bear it in mind but its not a huge threat until it gets a storm off which most teams can deny relatively easily
(Dec 19, 2014, 09:31 AM)evilsabre Wrote: u need to bear it in mind but its not a huge threat until it gets a storm off which most teams can deny relatively easily

This. And take note that his speed might be well but his SP.attack needs help with base 75. So unless it gets a few of those storms off and nobody can get passed 95 Base Defense/Sp.Def before it gets like 2 off then it can wreck.
Evilsabre is right Talonflame will check it
(Dec 19, 2014, 11:08 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: Evilsabre is right Talonflame will check it

This is true.
252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 429-507 (121.1 - 143.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 492-578 (138.9 - 163.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 330-390 (113.4 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In all instances it is a OHKO.