Palossand @ Groundium Z
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

This team has yet to be tested but I have a lot of difficulties with synergy and finding how things do and/or do not work together. I'm new and have never built a team or battles competitively or used doubles before so any help would be greatly appreciated =)
From what I've seen, marowak usually carries a thick club which means you can put less EV on attack and still get good results. In fact, most people run a more defensive marowak for some reason...
http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-PSA-Reg...sion-Rules

Please make reference to the "Posting a Team" section so we may be more able to assist you with your teambuilding Smile
[Insert signature here]
(Jan 26, 2017, 05:46 AM)Marcusube Wrote: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-PSA-Reg...sion-Rules

Please make reference to the "Posting a Team" section so we may be more able to assist you with your teambuilding Smile

I'm not really understanding what you are asking me to do here sorry =(

I've never played any sort of pokemon competitively and I have no understanding of the formats or meta at all. Basically I am just after some more experienced players to have a look and see what can be improved upon or if there are any major issues.
The most prominent issue I'm seeing is that Greninja isn't allowed in VGC 2017.

I'd recommend checking out the forum's Competetive Compendium for all kinds of info on getting started in competetive battling. While jumping in feet first has its merits, you're more likely to just get discouraged and quit if you don't know what's going on.
(Jan 26, 2017, 08:53 AM)Rockycombo Wrote: The most prominent issue I'm seeing is that Greninja isn't allowed in VGC 2017.

I'd recommend checking out the forum's Competetive Compendium for all kinds of info on getting started in competetive battling. While jumping in feet first has its merits, you're more likely to just get discouraged and quit if you don't know what's going on.

Isn't it only Ash-Greninja that was banned? I'm using a starter Greninja. Also I will check out the link - thank you.
@PikaPikachu in VGC only the Alolah dex is allowed, noting that, no starter greninja is not allowed.
Also, if you're not sure with what EVs or moves to use on your chosen 'mons, you can check the competitive moveset section or in trainertower
(Jan 26, 2017, 08:23 PM)jamboyrph Wrote: Also, if you're not sure with what EVs or moves to use on your chosen 'mons, you can check the competitive moveset section or in trainertower

I've been looking at smogon but not much luck on that front

(Jan 26, 2017, 07:31 PM)Gvng Wrote: @PikaPikachu in VGC only the Alolah dex is allowed, noting that, no starter greninja is not allowed.

My bad I had totally missed that part somehow
This is a quick Marowak-A Set I whipped up.

Marowak-A @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252HP/76 Atk/108 Def/68 SpDef/4 Speed
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Bonemerang/Rock Slide

Here are some offensive calcs:

76+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Celesteela: 204-240 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

76+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 164 HP / 92 Def Tapu Lele: 218-258 (131.3 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

76+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 172 HP / 84 Def Marowak-Alola: 168-198 (107 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And Defensive calcs:

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Marowak-Alola in Psychic Terrain: 141-166 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Marowak-Alola: 140-166 (83.8 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Tapu Bulu Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Marowak-Alola: 138-164 (82.6 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

It's not the best set because if Hail/Sand is up you'll die the same turn when the attacks above hit you, but its a start.
it's 2022 and we livin