Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] New Threats for the VGC 17 Season
I saw Aaron Cybertron Zheng using the core Oranguru, Torkoal, and Lilligant. Looks Promising. Tapus are also prevalent. I've seen a lot of UBs, I'm not sure what they do yet. But the bamboo looking one uses heavy slam? the attack based on the weight. You forgot to mention Z moves. I still get surprised by the effects of some of the z moves. Really annoying as well when you expect to survive an attack but turned out to be a z move and you get rekt. Came across a few Sashed garchomps
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Z move will definitely be annoying to prepare and predict around aside the common Pokemon using them like Gyarados. If a player can bluff a certain item on their Pokemon holding the Z-crystal, then it can definitely be momentum changing especially if they can pick up a quick KO. For far the Pokemon I've seen with Z-Moves are those with high attacking stats with strong special STABs like Gyarados, Garchomp, Pheromosa Tapu Bulu, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, etc. Note that Z Moves from either three of those Tapus with the 50% increase can nuke a target down.

Even if the Pokemon is going for Protect, Z-Moves can still be used to break the protection and pick off weaken targets. Note that given Z-Moves can only be used once per game as anyone as to time their's correctly if they want to gain the upper hand.
liking this thread
Man going into the start I really thought Torkal/Orangu was neat but just not good enough. I got learned real fast when turn 1 I just barley missed OH'KOing Orangu and never got another attack off as it double errupted my whole team into ashes.
(Dec 6, 2016, 12:29 PM)TrainerDerek Wrote: Man going into the start I really thought Torkal/Orangu was neat but just not good enough. I got learned real fast when turn 1 I just barley missed OH'KOing Orangu and never got another attack off as it double errupted my whole team into ashes.
Always either fake out or hit Torkoal first when its out on the field. Or that happens.