[VGC] I Need Help With Zekrom
Hi guys I need Help. See I really really want to use this
[Image: toon_zekrom_by_cartoonist-d39mvxq.png]
also not my art
The problem is I can’t figure out the stats ( Or a team ) for it
I Know it OHKO both Mega Ray and Primal Kyogre With Outrage and Bolt Strike
I was trying to build a team around that
But other than that I’ve got nothing
So can Zekrom work or is it just a lost cause ( by that I mean better pokemon for my legend slot )
(Feb 23, 2016, 06:47 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Hi guys I need Help. See I really really want to use this
also not my art
So can Zekrom work or is it just a lost cause ( by that I mean better pokemon for my legend slot )

what the best way to level up Pokemon in Pokemon X
(Feb 23, 2016, 06:54 PM)dustin Wrote:
(Feb 23, 2016, 06:47 PM)terrorkid94 Wrote: Hi guys I need Help. See I really really want to use this
also not my art

what the best way to level up Pokemon in Pokemon X

If your trying to get them to 100 I use the daycare and the huge circle in Lumiose City put a coin under the circle pad place it on the charger then leave it be

The other things I use are the Battle Chateau, League, and Hordes
From a VGC perspective you might want to partner up with Gothetelle because a lot of VGC players rely on switch ins, especially for the primals due to their weather effect. Tailwind users such as Whimsicott and Talonflame are perfect for Zekrom, so that he can dish out other pkmn before they get to Zekrom. Keep in mind that Zekrom is only perfect for sweeping out on the front lines, so your only option is either life orb or choice scarf (recommended).
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
(Feb 23, 2016, 09:23 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: From a VGC perspective you might want to partner up with Gothetelle because a lot of VGC players rely on switch ins, especially for the primals due to their weather effect. Tailwind users such as Whimsicott and Talonflame are perfect for Zekrom, so that he can dish out other pkmn before they get to Zekrom. Keep in mind that Zekrom is only perfect for sweeping out on the front lines, so your only option is either life orb or choice scarf (recommended).

I wouldn't recommend the scarf for vgc16 since getting locked in is generally a killer disadvantage with the speed of the matches. Unless the plan for 'Krom is to show up and go out in a blaze of glory. I'd say put him along side some speed control or go for the tailwind option mentioned here. Icy wind would be a good option for speed control next to him because as I'm thinking about it, it's hard to find tailwind/t.wave bros who don't have common weaknesses. I'm always a fan of icy wind Milotic but I haven't done any research on how milotic's doing in this format.

I think that zekrom has a lot of potential in this format and you're not wrong for being interested. But it will take a lot of work to make him live up to his potential. If I were considering it as strongly as you were, I'd at least try it out for a while. You gotta follow your trainer's intuition
Ermergerd sergnercher
(Feb 23, 2016, 10:01 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Feb 23, 2016, 09:23 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: From a VGC perspective you might want to partner up with Gothetelle because a lot of VGC players rely on switch ins, especially for the primals due to their weather effect. Tailwind users such as Whimsicott and Talonflame are perfect for Zekrom, so that he can dish out other pkmn before they get to Zekrom. Keep in mind that Zekrom is only perfect for sweeping out on the front lines, so your only option is either life orb or choice scarf (recommended).

I wouldn't recommend the scarf for vgc16 since getting locked in is generally a killer disadvantage with the speed of the matches. Unless the plan for 'Krom is to show up and go out in a blaze of glory. I'd say put him along side some speed control or go for the tailwind option mentioned here. Icy wind would be a good option for speed control next to him because as I'm thinking about it, it's hard to find tailwind/t.wave bros who don't have common weaknesses. I'm always a fan of icy wind Milotic but I haven't done any research on how milotic's doing in this format.

I think that zekrom has a lot of potential in this format and you're not wrong for being interested. But it will take a lot of work to make him live up to his potential. If I were considering it as strongly as you were, I'd at least try it out for a while. You gotta follow your trainer's intuition

Yeah maybe your right. I thought a choice scarf would be great on Zekrom because of mega-mence's insane base speed of 120. Milotic seems a viable partner though.
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
I would never use Zekrom but if i had to make it work i would probably use a set like this:

Zekrom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Given its weaknesses to Fairy, Dragon and Ground i would probably use a Focus Sash to allow Zekrom to -at least- do something without being OHKOed by faster mons such as Xerneas, M-Mence or M-Rayquaza. Naive + max speed EVs to speed tie with max speed P-Groudon and P-Kyogre (hoping to win those 50/50 rolls).

The moveset gives you the opportunity to OHKO P-Kyogre with Fusion Bolt and any Dragon type with Draco Meteor, while getting a solid 2HKO on 4 HP P-Groudon with Earth Power.

220 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Fusion Bolt vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 204-240 (115.2 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

220 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 204-240 (98.5 - 115.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

-1 220 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 12 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 176-210 (99.4 - 118.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

-1 220 Atk Teravolt Zekrom Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 134-162 (64.7 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

36 SpA Teravolt Zekrom Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 90-108 (51.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

36 SpA Teravolt Zekrom Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 180-212 (100 - 117.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since Zekrom is an Electric type and can't be slowed down by TWave, it seems like Tailwind could be the best choice to support it. Honestly i don't want to tell you how to build around this Zekrom, that's your personal choices and play style, but i think Talonflame could be used as a partner to setup Tailwind and to deal chip damage / break any opposing Sash so that Zekrom can actually get KOs.
Zekrom doesnt really see alot of action for a reason mainly because its pretty useless against the top threats in VGC such as Primal Groudon, Xerneas, and Rayquaza. I would suggest running it with scarf or life orb, even assault vest with investment to live a Draco Meteor from Ray or Dazzling Gleam from Xerneas.

It needs 252HP/148SpDef with a special defense positive nature to live a standard Rayquaza

Draco Meteor. 44 SpA Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 148+ SpD Assault Vest Zekrom: 174-205 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also cant OHKO Rayquaza without being 252ATK and Adamant or life orbed without the Ray having any investment. Zekrom isnt really a good choice in this meta and you are more likely to see Reshiram or Kyurem.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I'm with GMX and Mudkip here. Zekrom does very poorly in this format due to its very shallow movepool - limited to Bolt Strike, Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon (maybe), Earth Power and Dragon Claw as viable offensive options. Moreover, Dragon/Electric gets walled out by Primal Groudon, M-Rayquaza and Xerneas who are relatively common. On top of this, a speed tier of 90 has it tying with or getting outsped by Pokemon that OHKO it or can status it with a burn. The best way to run Zekrom is a mixed set with either Focus Sash or Life Orb running Bolt Strike/Fusion Bolt, Draco Meteor, Earth Power and Protect.
[Insert signature here]