Poll: Do you plan on participating in this tournament?
This poll is closed.
Yes
78.57%
11 78.57%
No
14.29%
2 14.29%
I would but I won't be able to make it
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] ITS BACK! Generation 2 VGC Tournament!
Hello again everyone! I will be hosting another VGC tournament on Saturday, June 20,2015. The theme of this tournament is Generation 2, as a sequel to the last tournament which was a Generation 1 tournament. This means that only Pokemon from the Johto and Kanto Pokedex are allowed to participate. You need to have a Battlefy account and a Twitch account to participate in this tournament and only Pokemon caught in Pokemon X & Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire are allowed so no moves from events or Pokemon XD such as Follow Magmar or Sucker Punch Hitmonlee are allowed. Most importantly, all forms of Mega Evolution are illegal in this competition as well as legendary Pokemon.

Sign-Up Period
Wednesday, June 13, 2015, at 14:00(15:00 Daylight Savings Time) EST through Saturday, April 11, 2015, at 00:00 EST
• You must sign up during this period in order to be able to participate in the competition.

Competition Period
Saturday, June 20, 2015, at 14:00(15:00 Daylight Savings Time) EST

Compatible Games
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Competition Rules
• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 248, with the exception of the following: Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Raikou and Suicune
• Players may use only Pokémon found, caught, hatched from an Egg, or received through a special promotion in Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter cannot participate in this competition.
• Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
• Players cannot register two or more of the same Pokémon.
• Players cannot have two or more of the same item.
• Mega stones and Mega Evolution are BANNED!
• For additional details, please post a comment below.

The link to the Battlefy will be posted on the day when signing up begins

Don't forget to answer the poll Smile
[Insert signature here]
ill try to join, eviolite everything Kappa
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
ill join, time for smergles on ever team Kappa
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
ofc i'll join Kreygasm also, i must ask before the sign-up comes around: Johto dex or Johto section?
if Johto dex, i think you should edit the legal Pokemon to Pokemon from here ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/L...dex_number ) to 'New' dex 001 to 246, barring Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Just a suggestion though KappaHD
(May 24, 2015, 05:15 PM)AbruptFury Wrote: if Johto dex, i think you should edit the legal Pokemon to Pokemon from here ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/L...dex_number ) to 'New' dex 001 to 246, barring Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Just a suggestion though  KappaHD

I completely agree with Abrupt here since honestly there's only like a handful of fully evolved Pokemon, not to mention less than 100 Pokemon from the Johto itself. Besides we might as well have a clause to have at least 2-3 Johto Pokemon in each of out teams just so most of the people don't have full Kanto teams.

Oh did I forget that if we hold an exclusive Johto tourney rain (Drizzle Politoed, Kingdra, and Scizor) will likely dominate this format. Honestly we might as well have the potential sun teams from Kanto to counterbalance this.
What if we just combine together every generation step by step? I mean, we had a Gen 1 Tourney. Now we can have a Gen1 + Gen2 Tourney. The following one should be a Gen1 + Gen2 + Gen3 and so on. In this way we are going to "simulate" an ongoing metagame, while avoiding the problem of the few viable pokemons in each generation.
(May 25, 2015, 04:40 AM)GMX Wrote: What if we just combine together every generation step by step? I mean, we had a Gen 1 Tourney. Now we can have a Gen1 + Gen2 Tourney. The following one should be a Gen1 + Gen2 + Gen3 and so on. In this way we are going to "simulate" an ongoing metagame, while avoiding the problem of the few viable pokemons in each generation.

I think that's the best approach we should make since there aren't that many gen 2 Pokemon compared with Gen 1 plus we are likely gonna see teams with similar Pokemon. Eventually each of these theme tournaments will add a set of Pokemon by generation until we finish with Gen 6.
Best part, No megas, Were going old school peoples :P
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
suggested
(May 25, 2015, 05:03 AM)Black117 Wrote:
(May 25, 2015, 04:40 AM)GMX Wrote: What if we just combine together every generation step by step? I mean, we had a Gen 1 Tourney. Now we can have a Gen1 + Gen2 Tourney. The following one should be a Gen1 + Gen2 + Gen3 and so on. In this way we are going to "simulate" an ongoing metagame, while avoiding the problem of the few viable pokemons in each generation.

I think that's the best approach we should make since there aren't that many gen 2 Pokemon compared with Gen 1 plus we are likely gonna see teams with similar Pokemon. Eventually each of these theme tournaments will add a set of Pokemon by generation until we finish with Gen 6.

I see what you guys are getting at so yeah, I'll change it to add on a Generation each Generation moved up like how GMX
[Insert signature here]