Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Mega Metagross: VGC Competitve?
[Image: 1405113183-mega-metagross.png]
I want to make Mega Metagross viable on my team. I'm not exactly sure what the best build for VGC is though. Right now, I have an Adamant natured one with 252 Attack, 252 HP, and 4 in Defense while running Protect, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, and Earthquake. I know I can get a more efficient build. The first threat I thought of was Mega Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch. What would be a good EV spread to live a Sucker Punch? Any other threats out there that are worth noting? Any help would be appreciated!
Even without any HP or Defense investment Mega Kang can't OHKO Mega Metagross with a Sucker Punch, so you might want to go for a faster variant to make use of its base 110 speed
Black117 used Mega Metagross in eeveeli's no legend tournament. He posted a EV spread of it in the team's wright up

also something to look at Jolly Mega Metagross with 196 speed EV outspeed max speed Jolly Garchomp by 1 and also all of the base 100 max speed +nature megas [Kang, Char Y, ect]
#TeamForum

(Jan 16, 2015, 08:17 PM)Siqueirapowered Wrote: Even without any HP or Defense investment Mega Kang can't OHKO Mega Metagross with a Sucker Punch, so you might want to go for a faster variant to make use of its base 110 speed

Noted. I was thinking of going with an Adamant nature because I'm running Tailwind Talonflame.

(Jan 16, 2015, 08:19 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: Black117 used Mega Metagross in eeveeli's no legend tournament. He posted a EV spread of it in the team's wright up

also something to look at Jolly Mega Metagross with 196 speed EV outspeed max speed Jolly Garchomp by 1 and also all of the base 100 speed megas [Kang, Char Y, ect]

Awesome, I'll check it out. I could try a Jolly one, but I'll have Tailwind support on my team so I think going with an Adamant nature to hit a bit harder might be better.
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 50
EVs: 176 HP / 4 Atk / 148 Def / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt/Hammer Arm

This set is enough to OHKO a Mega Kang and a Lando-T while taking nothing over 65% damage from an Earthquake from Lando and 35% from Sucker Punch
[Insert signature here]