Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Rate My VGC Team
(Mar 11, 2015, 01:58 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: 8/10 Bulk needs to spread out in the EV spreads and this team can do very well.

thank you. but the only thing that worries me is that if i sacrifice my damage for bulk i might not have enough damage to still kill top threats against my team.
What you could do to help spread out your Evs without sacrificing any damage or speed is add tailwind to charizard. That way you can go a bit less into speed investment and more into bulk. But as long as you keep your atk high you won't really be sacrificing too much
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:12 PM)Vexian Wrote: What you could do to help spread out your Evs without sacrificing any damage or speed is add tailwind to charizard. That way you can go a bit less into speed investment and more into bulk. But as long as you keep your atk high you won't really be sacrificing too much

yea i was thinking of getting someone with tailwind. but if i put it on charizard what move should i get rid of to put on tailwind. right now it has HeatWave
SolarBeam
FireBlast
Protect.

Im just going to get rid of fireblast since i dont really need 2 fire type stab moves on him.
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:16 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:12 PM)Vexian Wrote: What you could do to help spread out your Evs without sacrificing any damage or speed is add tailwind to charizard. That way you can go a bit less into speed investment and more into bulk. But as long as you keep your atk high you won't really be sacrificing too much

yea i was thinking of getting someone with tailwind. but if i put it on charizard what move should i get rid of to put on tailwind. right now it has HeatWave
SolarBeam
FireBlast
Protect.

Im just going to get rid of fireblast since i dont really need 2 fire type stab moves on him.

Fire blast is best. Also to make a point, It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't take an attack. This is why people run Bulky Thundurus prankster.
Yeah I'd get rid of fire blast. The only advantage of having fire blast and heatwave is fire blast will hit through wide guard. But I do the same thing. I don't like to double up on move types unless it has some kind of utility outside of just damage.
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:18 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:

SolarBeam
     FireBlast
     Protect.

Fire blast is best. Also to make a point, It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't take an attack. This is why people run Bulky Thundurus prankster.

yea ive seen some builds on thundurus and most are quite bulky. also should i change the EVS on my charizard at all cuz hes not really a bulky pokemon. and if i have going to build some more bulk what pokemon do you think i should build it on? thanks for the help i appreciate it Smile
If anything you should try to ev spread to survive a rockslide which can be tricky because it's 4x effective to charizard but it is possible
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:26 PM)Vexian Wrote: If anything you should try to ev spread to survive a rockslide which can be tricky because it's 4x effective to charizard but it is possible

no i tried even with max evs in defense and health its still guaranteed OHKO. well at least from a choice banded landorus T that is. Even from a choice scarfed Garchomp it still OHKO's.
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:

SolarBeam
     FireBlast
     Protect.

yea ive seen some builds on thundurus and most are quite bulky. also should i change the EVS on my charizard at all cuz hes not really a bulky pokemon. and if i have going to build some more bulk what pokemon do you think i should build it on? thanks for the help i appreciate it Smile

I personally would bulk it to tank Rock slides from pokemon like Lando, Garchomp.

EDIT: Make sure you set it to DOUBLES and not Singles. Rock slide does spread damage and lowers the output of Rock slide.
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:35 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:

SolarBeam
     FireBlast
     Protect.

I personally would bulk it to tank Rock slides from pokemon like Lando, Garchomp.

Yeah exactly. There is no way to survive a STAB rockslide from terrakion, so I'd just focus on non stabs from chomp and lando