Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Rate My VGC Team
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:32 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:26 PM)Vexian Wrote: If anything you should try to ev spread to survive a rockslide which can be tricky because it's 4x effective to charizard but it is possible

no i tried even with max evs in defense and health its still guaranteed OHKO. well at least from a choice banded landorus T that is. Even from a choice scarfed Garchomp it still OHKO's.

Surviving a banded lando may be hard without sacrificing too much in damage but if you spec to survive a non banded lando it will help to know if it is banded or not. And that is information that could be useful in a battle.
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:37 PM)Vexian Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:35 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:18 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:16 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote: yea i was thinking of getting someone with tailwind. but if i put it on charizard what move should i get rid of to put on tailwind. right now it has HeatWave
     SolarBeam
     FireBlast
     Protect.

Im just going to get rid of fireblast since i dont really need 2 fire type stab moves on him.

Fire blast is best. Also to make a point, It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't take an attack. This is why people run Bulky Thundurus prankster.

yea ive seen some builds on thundurus and most are quite bulky. also should i change the EVS on my charizard at all cuz hes not really a bulky pokemon. and if i have going to build some more bulk what pokemon do you think i should build it on? thanks for the help i appreciate it Smile

I personally would bulk it to tank Rock slides from pokemon like Lando, Garchomp.

Yeah exactly. There is no way to survive a STAB rockslide from terrakion, so I'd just focus on non stabs from chomp and lando

yea i tried bulking it so it could try to survive a rockslide from a lando t or garchomp and theres no way unless the lando is scarfed and not banded
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:42 PM)Vexian Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:32 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:26 PM)Vexian Wrote: If anything you should try to ev spread to survive a rockslide which can be tricky because it's 4x effective to charizard but it is possible

no i tried even with max evs in defense and health its still guaranteed OHKO. well at least from a choice banded landorus T that is. Even from a choice scarfed Garchomp it still OHKO's.

Surviving a banded lando may be hard without sacrificing too much in damage but if you spec to survive a non banded lando it will help to know if it is banded or not. And that is information that could be useful in a battle.

then im guessing i need to know that information before i send my charizard against the lando t or garchomp. otherwise i will just get OHKO
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:43 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:18 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Fire blast is best. Also to make a point, It doesn't matter how much power you have if you can't take an attack. This is why people run Bulky Thundurus prankster.

yea ive seen some builds on thundurus and most are quite bulky. also should i change the EVS on my charizard at all cuz hes not really a bulky pokemon. and if i have going to build some more bulk what pokemon do you think i should build it on? thanks for the help i appreciate it Smile

I personally would bulk it to tank Rock slides from pokemon like Lando, Garchomp.

Yeah exactly. There is no way to survive a STAB rockslide from terrakion, so I'd just focus on non stabs from chomp and lando

yea i tried bulking it so it could try to survive a rockslide from a lando t or garchomp and theres no way unless the lando is scarfed and not banded

Scarf and Assault vest are more favored, Band you can practically tell just going off what their team is. If its a Tailwind team and has 1-2 pokemon that hard counter ice type moves, without a doubt its band just off that alone because running choice scarf with tailwind and have hard counters. But if there is multiple pokemon that are weak to ice on the team its more like assault vest variant.
charizard y outspeeds landorus T and with the right investments i can easily OHKO a landorus t with a heat wave and if i outspeed a choice scarfed garchomp then i can OHKO with a solarbeam
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:53 PM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:43 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote:
(Mar 11, 2015, 02:23 PM)BladeTitan94 Wrote: yea ive seen some builds on thundurus and most are quite bulky. also should i change the EVS on my charizard at all cuz hes not really a bulky pokemon. and if i have going to build some more bulk what pokemon do you think i should build it on? thanks for the help i appreciate it Smile

Scarf and Assault vest are more favored, Band you can practically tell just going off what their team is. If its a Tailwind team and has 1-2 pokemon that hard counter ice type moves, without a doubt its band just off that alone because running choice scarf with tailwind and have hard counters. But if there is multiple pokemon that are weak to ice on the team its more like assault vest variant.

oh thats very good knowledge to know thank you i appreciate it Smile
Overheat is a must on char y it can ohko 4hp Mega Kang, and it's more accurate than Fire Blast. Garchomop is naturally a fast Pokemon, I don't see any benefit it would receive from a choice scarf. Overall this is a good team
#TeamForum

(Mar 11, 2015, 04:55 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: Overheat is a must on char y  it can ohko 4hp Mega Kang, and it's more accurate  than Fire Blast. Garchomop is naturally a fast Pokemon, I don't see any benefit it would receive from a choice scarf. Overall this is a good team

thank you i updated my team earlier. i got rid of fireblast for tailwind because i was recommended to make charizard more bulky to survive certain threats against my team. so my moveset on mega charizard Y is HeatWave, SolarBeam, TailWind and Protect.

Also i was probably going to get rid of choice scarf on my garchomp since ill have my charizard y as a tailwind user and give garchomp a choice band instead.
252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Mega Charizard Y: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

M-CharY really appreciates Intimidate support, that's why you don't have to run a defensive spread like that. Another thing is this pokemon doesn't really need so much SpA investment, because with a Modest nature it deals a huge amount of damage anyway. Speed control is something you should consider to use in your team (Tailwind is the best option - Icy Wind and Thunder Wave have problems with Bisharp and Lando respectively) because a fast Heat Wave from M-CharY puts immense pressure on your opponent, and of course there's no safe switch except for pokemons with Flash Fire.

Tailwind CharY is not a great choice, since you waste one turn to set up with your frail Mega and you can't touch Wide Guard Aegislash too. I would leave Tailwind to something else, maybe Suicune (which can set up Tailwind and OHKO Land-T with Ice Beam the following turn) or Icy Wind Milotic to scare off opposing Land-T.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power / Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
– Heat Wave
– Solar Beam
– Overheat / Fire Blast
– Protect

Survives Modest Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor 100% of the time
Survives Modest Thundurus-I Thunderbolt 100% of the time
Outruns Adamant Landorus-T by one Speed point

252 Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 124-148 (67 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A Special Swampert instead of Gastrodon is another great option.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Wide Guard

It gets the KO on Land-T, M-Mawile and M-Mence while supporting you with Wide Guard.
(Mar 11, 2015, 05:38 PM)GMX Wrote: 252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Mega Charizard Y: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

M-CharY really appreciates Intimidate support, that's why you don't have to run a defensive spread like that. Another thing is this pokemon doesn't really need so much SpA investment, because with a Modest nature it deals a huge amount of damage anyway. Speed control is something you should consider to use in your team (Tailwind is the best option - Icy Wind and Thunder Wave have problems with Bisharp and Lando respectively) because a fast Heat Wave from M-CharY puts immense pressure on your opponent, and of course there's no safe switch except for pokemons with Flash Fire.

Tailwind CharY is not a great choice, since you waste one turn to set up with your frail Mega and you can't touch Wide Guard Aegislash too. I would leave Tailwind to something else, maybe Suicune (which can set up Tailwind and OHKO Land-T with Ice Beam the following turn) or Icy Wind Milotic to scare off opposing Land-T.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power / Drought
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
– Heat Wave
– Solar Beam
– Overheat / Fire Blast
– Protect

Survives Modest Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor 100% of the time
Survives Modest Thundurus-I Thunderbolt 100% of the time
Outruns Adamant Landorus-T by one Speed point

252 Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 124-148 (67 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A Special Swampert instead of Gastrodon is another great option.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Wide Guard

It gets the KO on Land-T, M-Mawile and M-Mence while supporting you with Wide Guard.

omg thats awesome thank you i love that ev spread you put on the charizard. i will definitely do this. and i was thinking about getting someone with wide guard and this swampert is perfect for covering charizard just like gastrodon but better because of wide guard covering it from rockslide and other ranged attacks.