Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Spring Break VGC Forum Tourney (3/22/2015) {over}
Hey everyone I messed up. The countdown timer I had originally specified is off by like 7 hours and I have made a new countdown timer. Likewise I did not change the schedule of the VGC forum tournament and everything else should follow as usual. Use this time (and before to get your team of six Pokemon ready and must comply to the VGC rules, otherwise I will be forced to drop anyone.  Again the countdown itself depicts the start of "Check in", which last for about an hour (10:00 Am -11:00 Am [GMT: -8] ) while the actual tourney will begin shortly afterward. Please remember the rules of the tourney which will follow standard 2015 VGC rules. The tourney itself will have 5 round of Swiss and will last for about 25 minutes each round. Top Cut itself will consist of four of the best players and will face each other in a best of three formatted battle. The 3rd place match isn't necessary, both rather "spirited" so it can be either a Bo1 or Bo3 depending on the runner-ups liking.

EDITS: Because I know I'll forget something. Link to the new timer

Again like what Podfighterninja said, go the VGC2015Forum chat room on Twitch and make sure you have both a Twitch account and a Forum account here! I have updated the Battlfly page as well but its has the same information as before.

Important Update: Since we have 12 people registered, here's plan a contingency plan for the tourney. To be honest, if only like [b]8 [b\] people show up to battle I'll just host a Bo3 format single elimination and the that will be all for today. Reasoning for this is there might be people who might forget and there's a possibility we won't have necessary amount of players to continue. Besides, Swiss rounds will take up the majority of the tourney as well and it be pointless to have this particular format without maybe at least 10 participates If there's only 9 then I'll join as well to makeup for the number.

For that matter, I have decided to cut one round of Swiss, making it total at about 4 just to save time. Hopefully we can have top cut start about an hour and a half right after the tournaments begins. Top cut will only consist of four people unless a total of 16 people join the tourney, which then I'll extend it for 8 participates. I'll make a schedule of the tourney just to keep track of time.
How the schedule should be for Today (assuming 4 Swiss rounds and top cut of 4)

THE SCHEDULE IS BASED ON  THE PACIFIC TIMEZONE [GMT: -8]
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM  - Check In (Last Minute Prep)

• 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM - Finalizing Tourney and Participates Count (At 11:15 AM, I'll make the brackets so therefore no more additional entries.)

• 11:15 AM - 11: 40 AM - Swiss 1 (Swiss Rounds will each have a 5 minute intermission)

• 11:45 AM - 12:10 PM -  Swiss 2

• 12:15 PM - 12:40 PM -  Swiss 3

• 12:45 PM - 1:10 PM -    Swiss 4

• 1:10 PM - 2:10 PM -  TOP CUT SEMIFINALS (B03)

• 2:10 PM - 3:00 PM FINALS  (B03)

• Afterward will give winner the pokemon (scheduled trade is fine as well)

This schedule is tentative and serves as time frame regarding where w should be at.

MAJOR UPDATE: Final Decision Regarding Prizes

1st Place: Choose 4 of the 7 Mega Pokemon I have shown.

2nd Place: Choose 2 of 3 Mega remaining.

3rd Place: Gets the last Mega Pokemon left.
Vexian vs ViNNy

Round 1 Match 1
JHPW-WWWW-WWXM-UTCF

Round 1 Match 2
No battle code since the game DC'd right after the battle was finished
Round 1 Anime v. Yugi
Batte 1:
268G-WWWW-WWXM-VW72
Battle 2:
493G-WWWW-WWXM-VW67
Battle 3:
ZKGW-WWWW-WWXM-VW4B
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
R1: X82W-WWWW-WWXM-V3V8 Owen V Tygaa
R2: SJWG-WWWW-WWXM-V4WG
R3: FFFG-WWWW-WWXM-V4XF
Round 2 Anime v. Vex
Battle 1:
TAHG-WWWW-WWXM-V4X5
Battle 2:
2V7G-WWWW-WWXM-V3TJ
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
z2porygon vs Mudkiplegend
Game 1: 5p3g-wwww-wwxm-v3r7
Game2 : I won but mudkip's ds died so I cannot save it
Im really surprised that I'm doing so well in the top cut.
GL to all
Lol this tourney looks like March Madness already. Might even change the title Kappa