Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Steelix/ M-Steelix Tank/Utility (Mixed)
I was on YouTube an saw this guy make a Build for Steelix that i thought was really interesting.
So i fouled around with it an this is what i came up with.

Steelix/Mega Steelix
Nature: Brave
Ability: Sturdy/Sand Force
EVs Spread: HP:252 Def:4 Sp.Def:252
IVs: HP:31 Atk:31 Def:31 Sp.Atk:0 Sp.Def:31 Spe:0

-Dragon tail
-Stealth Rock
-Curse
-Heavy Slam

Summary

So you can run this build two ways. You can setup Stealth Rock an also Dragon Tail a Pokemon from the team in an out of the match.
An that does the damage from Dragon Tail & Stealth Rock combo. Or you can Curse an Heavy Slam. Plus this works great in trick room teams.
when you get it set up you can also use this moves combined with trick Room to make a devastating team breaker. Heavy Slam is a great attack
that can work with a regular Steelix an can me used as a annoying Pokemon. if your looking to have a different Pokemon as you mega. these strategies can work with regular Steelix with a Assault Vest Or Life Orb. An then your mega slot is free.
Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sandstorm/Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Firstly, I wouldn't recommend your set to anyone for VGC, however, it is immaculate for Smogon Singles. My reason for saying this is, Dragon Tail is good for your stratergy until it becomes impossible to force a switch, Curse without a recovery move can make it easy to get taunted and burnt, Stealth Rock is meh, seeing as how VGC is less focused on switching out as opposed to Singles so entry hazards won't do much.

I have to agree with you that M-Steelix is very good for Trick Room due to its low speed stat but high attack stat that gives it OHKOing potential. Sandstorm is to trigger its ability so the other moves get a 33% boost which makes M-Steelix hit like a Pixilate Sylveon only with move coverage and it is also for breaking weather teams. You can run Protect if you are already running a Sand Team for VGC since Sandstorm would be redundant if you have Pokemon with the ability Sand Stream.
The attacks hit hard, especially when Sand is up, so hard that it can score 1 hit knock outs against other frail Pokemon.

Steelix @ Passho Berry/Chople Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Level: 50
EVs: 152 HP / 152 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

This is just another idea for a normal Steelix. It can live a hydro pump from a life orb 252 sp atk greninja provided that it has a Passho Berry. Otherwise it gets OHKOd
[Insert signature here]