Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My Summer VGC 2015 team (plz rate) :)
The theme I was going for with this team was a core around Mega Blastoise while at the same time implementing my favourite VGC lead, The AeroNido lead. After a few tests I have taken out members such as Safety Goggles Gardevoir, Support Chesnaught (I wanted to do the pledge theme at first but I changed my mind after the testing) and Gastrodon. This is where I am with the team now. I have seen flaws in my strategy but my eyes alone are not sufficient. Here is the team

[Image: blastoise.gif]

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
Level: 50
EVs: 164 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 68 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Aura Sphere
- Muddy Water
- Dark Pulse

The EV spread is to survive a max SpA Thunderbolt from Thundurus plus residual damage from either burn or sandstorm/hail. 212 EVs allow me to OHKO Terrakion with Aura Sphere as well as come close enough that where it and Fake Out scores a kill on Heatran and Kangaskhan, Muddy Water can OHKO 4 HP Landorus and Dark Pulse drives Mega Gengar to its knees

[Image: scizor-2.gif]

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 188 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

This EV spread gives me flexibility to take out Sylveon and bulky Gardevoir while eating up a Knock Off from Bisharp (and yes Knock Off Bisharp has given me the most trouble when using Scizor). I'm still contemplating if I should run Tailwind over Superpower on this set as another form of speed control

[Image: aerodactyl.gif]

Aerodactyl @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sky Drop
- Wide Guard
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Aerodactyl was for spamming Sky Drop, stopping bulky mons from pulling out a Sitrus Berry and to clap Pokemon that do not resist Rock Slide. I have Wacan Berry on this because I think it is good for eating up a Thunderbolt then hitting back but now that I look at it, those cases rarely happen and Aero is always forced to switch on an impending Thunder Wave. I'm not sure if I need Iron Head here either so maybe I'd put Tailwind on Aero or even Aqua Tail/Assurance.

[Image: 479-wash.gif]

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 12 Def / 60 SpA / 108 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

If I could count how many times I've brought him to a game on one hand, I would have 2 spare fingers. I only have this thing to cancel out some of my weaknesses such as my Ice, Electric and Fire weaknesses. I would love if you guys could suggest an alternative. The EV spread wasn't well thought out (or thought out at all), I need to keep the 132 speed EVs so I can outspeed Bisharp since he gives my Scizor and Aerodactyl problems.

[Image: nidoking.gif]

Nidoking @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

It's just a basic scarfer. It wasn't mean to outspeed Landorus since he gives my team hardly any trouble. Scarf Nidoking was to patch an issue I've been having with Perish Trap teams. Since Nidoking outspeed Gengar when scarfed, it puts a stop in its tracks. Aero goes great with it because it can remove the other Pokemon allow Nidoking to do his thing.

[Image: scrafty.gif]

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 68 Atk / 84 Def / 124 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Detect

At the end of the day, I still needed a bulky Pokemon that can spam Intimidate just by switching in and provide Fake Out support and good STABs to clean up other mons. I am willing to go both ways with either Hitmontop or Scrafty. Scrafty fit the role more because he is immune to Psychic and resists Ghost and Dark which were weaknesses to my team. The EVs are to 2HKO all Pokemon weak to Fighting, eat up a Close Combat from Terrakion at max and tank special hits from Weakness Policy Aegislash and fight back.

So there you have it that's my team. Here is a video showing the chaos it spreads (even though I won by 1-0 kappaHD)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-232169531

Thanks for all your support in advance  Wink
[Insert signature here]
Wow, such a cool team! I love seeing the NidokingxAerodactyl lead!

Great battle, also. Enjoyed the replay a lot. ^^

xx
(May 12, 2015, 12:39 PM)iflytoohigh Wrote: Wow, such a cool team! I love seeing the NidokingxAerodactyl lead!

Great battle, also. Enjoyed the replay a lot. ^^

xx

Thanks Bunny I appreciate it :D
[Insert signature here]
I would use a Focus Sash and Tailwind on Aerodactyl, since the team is in a medium speed tier (except for Nidoking) and they will benefit a lot from it. Gastrodon and Rotom-W are the major threats of this team. M-Venusaur is also something you can't hit hard except for (maybe not) Sky Drop. If it starts to Leech Seed and Giga Drain everything you have no answers for it. Mmmm.. what do you think about these problems? Have you tested your team against those threats yet? I don't know maybe i'm wrong.
I had a matchup with AeroNido against the typical Venusaur + Suicune lead and I managed it without losing a Pokemon. I haven't encountered any Gastrodons yet but the offensive power of my team should be able to hold it off unless it starts spamming Recover. As for Rotom-W, other than Scrafty, Scizor and my own Wash Rotom, I do see me having problems in the future. Thanks for the input @GMX
[Insert signature here]
I'm not a big fan of using Nidoking because of how easy it is to OHKO it. Not a bad team at all though.
Nidoking does have a little bulk to survive things like Scalds from Suicune, Brave Birds from Talonflame and all plus the AeroNido lead is really fun to use :D
[Insert signature here]