Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Underrated VGC threats
I would like to know in your opinion , what do you think is the most underrated VGC threats so far this meta?

IMO

1. Crobat
2. Scrafty
3. Virizion
4. Raikou
5. Chestnaught
Oh Hai Der   kappa
Crobat can effectively chip at an opponent with Super Fang and Brave Bird, it outspeeds threats such as Virizion and Breloom, has access to Tailwind and Quick Guard and has the ever useful Inner Focus ability which allows it to never flinch after Rock Slides from opponents such as Landorus-T and Terrakion.

If you don't have a Fairy type or Talonflame then Scrafty will ruin your day. Either Shed Skin or Intimidate makes this thing a beast plus it has two very effective STABs in this years VGC as it hits more than 5 of the main threats on the ladder. Not to mention it has Fake Out and Quick Guard for support tactics.

I can't see Virizion being much of a threat other than it not being able to be Spored.

Raikou sports a lot of speed and special attack plus it has a bit of bulk to survive a few strong hits.

Chesnaught has great support moves and decent enough offense
[Insert signature here]
Virizion - threatens all of the format's bulky water-types and Mega-Kangaskhan. I think it beats Cresnaught in usage because Virizion also gets Helping Hand but lacks Spiky Shield and Leech Seed.

I think Entei is underrated in VGC. Sacred Fire is very good with substitute and snarl as support moves
1. Virizion: despite all of its weaknesses, it checks Rotom-W, Breloom, Politoed + Ludicolo lead, every other Water type (Ice Beams are usually 3HKO on Virizion), Terrakion, Bisharp, Tyranitar + Excadrill lead, and an unboosted Close Combat has a 30% chance to OHKO 4 HP M-Kang. I'm personally using SashVirizion so that i can use Close Combat multiple times, or even Stone Edge on CharY or a Talonflame after surviving an attack. Landorus-T can't really touch it too except for Intimidate.

2. Mega Blaziken: everyone gets wrecked by Life Orb Thundurus + M-Blaziken lead sooner or later. It's a monster if used wisely (with Quick Guard or Wide Guard support, Storm Drain Gastrodon and so on, you can't even hit it those times it's not using Protect!)

3. Greninja: it may be the most popular pokemon in Singles, but VGC is another story. However Life Orb Greninja with Protect can really be dangerous if you can't slow it down in time.

4. Latios: Psyshock, Draco Meteor, Ice Beam, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Tailwind, Reflect/Light Screen/Safeguard, all in one pokemon. Sash or Scarf are great items on it.

5. Crobat: it's not that underrated but it's not used so much for many reasons, but Crobat always does its job.
Ugh, I misread the thread title Sad

1. Cobalion: - Has access to two great attacking STABs plus it has a good defensive typing. Not to mention it can be ran both physical and special
2. Mega Lucario: - This thing outspeeds the likes of Terrakion and Kangaskhan and nukes everything in its path with an Adaptability Close Combat if they do not resist it. Really hard to safely switch in on unless you outspeed or possess Mach Punch
3. Clefairy: - It has Friend Guard, Follow Me support and a good amount of support moves. Aside from Knock Off being a thing, this Poke can live long enough to make an impact
4. Mega Medicham: - Caps a decent base 100 speed, even after getting burnt or Intimidated it has a 154 max attack stat (when Jolly) to work with plus Access to Fake Out, Quick Guard and a wide offensive movepool that makes it seemingly unpredictable
5. Aerodactyl: - The Unnerve ability on this thing is very underrated plus it has access to Wide Guard to wall out Landorus and Sky Drop to throw the opponent off and stop Trick Room set ups for a turn. Plus a fast Rock Slide can be clutch
[Insert signature here]