Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] VGC 16 First thoughts
So I decided to actually try out this new meta before just quitting.

is good

Edit: But honestly, don't judge it right at the beginning like this. Give it a week or two to settle. Jumping to conclusions on a rule set you haven't even given a chance could make you lose out on a lot of fun. Personally, I believe there will be a lot more diversity this time around. Me and a few people plan on doing a write up of our opinions very soon.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
Haven't been on in a while(wanna fight about it?) but I hear a lot of good things so far from people who played in the vgc10 format about how varied the meta was. But overwhelmingly the limited legends spot on your team will lead to primal groudon city. Population: Xerneas. I'm not personally worried about m-rayquaza being so big a thing. It's got a big thick ol' battle prowess, but even with its ability it is still felled by ice. And non legendary dragon types to slim down even further in terms of viability.

Maybe all the cloud nine guys will hit the meta like a truck.
Ermergerd sergnercher
Im just done now
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
(Dec 9, 2015, 08:57 PM)bradar485 Wrote: Haven't been on in a while(wanna fight about it?) but I hear a lot of good things so far from people who played in the vgc10 format about how varied the meta was. But overwhelmingly the limited legends spot on your team will lead to primal groudon city. Population: Xerneas.  I'm not personally worried about m-rayquaza being so big a thing. It's got a big thick ol' battle prowess, but even with its ability it is still felled by ice.  And non legendary dragon types to slim down even further in terms of viability.

The primal abilities are unaffected by Cloud Nine
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
(Dec 9, 2015, 09:12 PM)squeab Wrote:
(Dec 9, 2015, 08:57 PM)bradar485 Wrote: Haven't been on in a while(wanna fight about it?) but I hear a lot of good things so far from people who played in the vgc10 format about how varied the meta was. But overwhelmingly the limited legends spot on your team will lead to primal groudon city. Population: Xerneas.  I'm not personally worried about m-rayquaza being so big a thing. It's got a big thick ol' battle prowess, but even with its ability it is still felled by ice.  And non legendary dragon types to slim down even further in terms of viability.

The primal abilities are unaffected by Cloud Nine

"Along with the usual effects of harsh sunlight, extremely harsh sunlight causes damage-dealing Water-type moves to fail (unless a Pokémon on the field has the Air Lock or Cloud Nine Ability)."

From bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/D..._(Ability)

It doesn't make the weather go away. It just makes the weather ineffectual. But that's still valid for my point.
Ermergerd sergnercher
(Dec 9, 2015, 07:45 PM)squeab Wrote: So I decided to actually try out this new meta before just quitting.

is good

Edit: But honestly, don't judge it right at the beginning like this. Give it a week or two to settle. Jumping to conclusions on a rule set you haven't even given a chance could make you lose out on a lot of fun. Personally, I believe there will be a lot more diversity this time around. Me and a few people plan on doing a write up of our opinions very soon.

I think it's reasonable for people to be so doubtful after what happened last VGC season with CHALK. It was just so strong. And these legendaries are so strong KappaHD I'll give it a chance ofc. At least people are limited to how many of the newly added 15 they can choose from at a time.
We should see a lot of uprising trends in the metagame this year such as Mega Metagross who does good against Xerneas and Rayquaza, Greninja who outspeeds a majority of the legendaries and threaten them with moves that OHKO, Cloud Nine carries - Lickilicky, Altaria and Golduck, weather wars with an uprise in usage for Mega Swampert, Mega Camerupt, Typhlosion, Kingdra, Ludicolo amongst other Pokemon that weather benefit.

There isn't any way to determine how balanced the metagame will be but one thing's for sure, Mega Rayquaza and the primals will be centralizing in this meta due to their high stats and abilities
[Insert signature here]
So should we try it out then?? I suggest we make teams and battle now around the new meta. I hate genning legendary pokemon for people. But just to see how this this meta Will play out i will offer services to people
This meta is going to be very hard to adjust too as I take it that most of us haven't really focused on the Primals nor Mega Ray. The only thing I can think of is having pokemon whose abilities work hand in hand with the Primal's field effects.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
I think that this new ruleset will bring more diversity pokemon wise (except legendaries). What this new meta in my opinion will be probably revolved around is supporting the legendaries or abusing their abilities. In which the Primals will reign in and Groudon most notably. Something that I would see people doing is Skill Swapping Levitate on P-Groudon, so that it has no weaknesses. Mega-Rayquaza will not have such a big impact on the meta-game as some say, because the biggest problem with mega ray is that it is very frail and sometimes easily walled by some pokemon (Aegislash, Mega-Metagross, Primal-Groudon sort of).

I hope that this new meta will bring more variety to the game again. the means of testing teams will only become harder now due to these legends, which will have an impact to I think.

(This is my first post where I try to add to a discussion and my knowledge about pokemon is still lacking. If anything above sounds dumb, that's the reason)

Oh and Kangaskhan is still a thing