Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Trick Room v1(My first VGC team ever)
Hello everyone I am Volt Magister and this is my first made VGC ever so i want you to rate it and say what can i change in it. I wanted to build it around Trick Room and Slowking, I have 2 pokemons that are just like last choice for me when my Trick Rooming will not work at enemys team.

Slowking @ Lum Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
This is my Trick Room setter, he can hit hard and take a lot of special hits too.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Thrash
One of the 2 last choice mons, he can do a lot of dmg and take a lot of hits too.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Double-Edge
Main DMG dealer in this team, he works preety nice when Trick Room is set and Eelektross is helping him setting some Toxic and Giga Draining enemys.

Eelektross @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Flamethrower
- Discharge
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
Sweeping Eelektross when Trick Room is set, little annoyer that can hit hard and later get tons of HP back.

Vespiquen @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Heal Order
- Attack Order
My Little Staller  kappa , she can take lots of hits and do some KOs thanks to Toxic+Attack Order.

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
Second mon in last choice group, fast and strong kill and get killed.

There is link to my TeamMagma TeamBuilder http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?1...04|668|248

I hope you guys will rate my team, say what I should change in it and what i have done right as I said earlier this is my first VGC team Blush
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?1...04|591|248
I removed Vesquien for Sylveon because you never want to stall your own Trick Room and since the fighting resistance was removed I added Sylveon to cover fighting types and pokemon.
I removed Pyroar for Amoonguss because Pyroar ADDS weaknesses which is bad. Amoonguss provides redirection.

You always can use Togekiss for the fighting and ground weaknesses
I use this team if you want to use Togekiss:
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?1...9w|468|248
Escavalier is always a fun pokemon to use in Trick Room

I would suggest making Slowking bulkier because it is the only Trick Room setter and with mental herb so it cannot get taunted.
Thanks for advice, I would try to use Sylveon in my team.
Your team will needs a bit of offensive pressure considering you only have 4 turns of Trick Room to utilize. I presume you'll try to make Mega Steelix work under sand with Tyranitar support so here are my own suggestions.

1) Give Mental Herb to Slowking considering this is your only Trick Room user which can tip your opponents immediately. Another thing to consider is to give your team Protect just to help scout and prevent double targeting. In sum, remove Thrash, Toxic, and Stealth rocks for Protect.

2) Your team is a bit weak against water types so you might want to consider having Gastrodon/Jellecient just to absorb those attacks with their reapective abilities. Now I mentioned both as recommendations but consider the two differences between the two Pokmon. Gastrodon gives your team full immunity to water provided that it's stays on the field as long as possible. Jellicent on the other hand offers your team with another trick room user as well as a immunity to Normal, Fighitng, or even Water type attacks. If you want, Cursed Body is an interesting option to play around with as most Pokemon tend to have at least one coverage attack and having that reparative move get randomly disabled can be a huge momentum shift. Best part is it even effects enemy spears damage as well.

3) Honestly Pyroar won't contribute much considering it needs a ton of support for it to work and using it with Trick Room isn't optimal. If you are looking for a decent Fire Pokemon, Arcanine can offer a ton of support with Intimidates and support sets. Most Arcanines I have seen use Overheat/Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Snarl, and Morning Sun/Protect are some of the common moveslots. Anyways hopefully you find this helpful.
Not bad, but could use improvement for sure.
First off, in my opinion Pyroar is a bit outclassed now. It was used in VGC 2014 occasionally due to lack of Kalos fire types, but now there are so many to choose from.
I can't recommend Thrash on Tyranitar, not at all, especially since it has the Expert Belt. Use Ice Punch or Ice beam instead.
If you want a bug type for trick room, use Escavalier instead.
Not sure about mega steelix, I'd go with mega slowbro.
thats not so good you need to spread out the evs
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
Wow you guys are really helpful. I made some changes and what will you say about this http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?1...9s|423|248 , it shows that I am weak against Grass types, but I think I can KO them using Ice type moves. And about EV spreading yea I can make it better Smile
or run oblivios slowking and keep the lum berry
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
(Feb 23, 2015, 01:14 PM)VoltMagister Wrote: Wow you guys are really helpful. I made some changes and what will you say about this http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?1...9s|423|248 , it shows that I am weak against Grass types, but I think I can KO them using Ice type moves. And about EV spreading yea I can make it better Smile

Watch out for Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss. Ice attacks don't OHKO or even 2HKO most variants. Your grass weakness needs to be taken cared of
[Insert signature here]