Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] [VGC] Lilligant Moveset - Support
[Image: petals_by_lagendarylugia-d4gr6r5.jpg]
Credit to Nyankyuu

Lilligant is a incredibly potent support Pokemon. In the sun Lillgant becomes the fastest Pokemon in the Metagame. Combined with After you guarantee that Lilligant partner will move first. Lilligant grass typing pairs well with Torkoal elimating the rock & waters that threaten Torkoal. Sleep powder allows Lilligant to temporarily shut down dangerous foes. Unfortunately Lilligant reliance on sleep powder makes it fairly inconsistent. It's also outclassed by other grass types when not utilizing sun. Nevertheless Lilligant still excels at it's role and should be considered on any Sun team.

[Image: lilligant_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49e5.gif]
Type: Grass
Base Stats: Hp:  70 HP / 60 Attack /  75 Defense / 110 Sp. Atk  / 75 Sp. Def  / 90 Speed (480 BST)
Weaknesses: Bug x2 Fire x2 Ice x2  Poison x2 Flying x2
Resistances: Electric x0.5 Water x0.5 Ground x0.5 Grass 0.5
Immunities: N/A
Abilities:  Chlorophyll / Own Tempo / Leaf Guard (Hidden Ability)

Sun Utility
[Image: lilligant_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49e5.gif]
Lilligant @ Focus sash / Grassium z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- After You
- Sleep Powder / Hidden Power Fire
- Protect / Hidden Power Fire

Leaf Storm is Lilligant strongest stab options. After You an excellent speed control option that allows slower allies, such as Torkoal, to move after Lilligant. Sleep powder allows you to temporarily shut down threatening Pokemon, such as Alolan Muk. However do keep in mind that sleep powder only has a 75% chnace to hit. Since Lilligant probably faster than your oppoents Pokemon they'll be able to burn the 
mandatory turn of sleep immediately. Hidden power fire can be used in place of Sleep powder or protect to hit grass, steel, and bug type. It's especially good at sniping incoming Kartana when the opponent try to dodge a sleep powder. Grassium Z is an option to allow lilligant to avoid the special attack drop from leaf storm & beat Tapu Koko, Garchomp, & Tapu lele. A simple evs spread works best for Lilligant but you can run a spread of 108 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe if you desire more bulk. This spread gives Lilligant enough speed to outspeed choice scarf Nihilego in the sun with the remaining evs dump invested into it's bulk.

Damage Calculations:

Offensive

252+ SpA Lilligant Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 138-163 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Lilligant Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 205-243 (140.4 - 166.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Lilligant Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele: 145-172 (100 - 118.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Lilligant Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 186-219 (101.6 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Lilligant Bloom Doom (195 BP) vs. 52 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 162-192 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Potential Teammates include, but aren't limited to;
  • Torkoal is almost mandatory as a partner since it's the most reliable way of setting up sun
  • Tapu Bulu can remove electric & misty terrain that would block Lilligant sleep powder. Grass Terrain also boost Lilligant grass types moves allowiing Lillgant to pick up OHKO on Tapu Koko, Garchomp, & Tapu lele without using it's Z move. When using a Z-move grass terrain allows Lilligant to OKHO Araquanid, Gyarados, Nihilego
  • Salamence can switch into Fire types moves, threaten fire types, & provide imtimidate support.

Threats include, but aren't limited to;
  • Opposing Weather - Replacing Sun with another weather nullifies Lilligant Chlorophyll ability.
  • Fire-type Pokemon - Arcanine, Incineroar, Alolan Marowak, and Talonflame can all take Lilligants attacks and retaliate back. Talonflame is especially problematic since it has priority and can setup tailwind. 
  • Bug Type Pokemon - Araquanid, Pheromosa, and Vikavolt all resist grass type moves and can OHKO Lilligant. However the former two most be wary of a Grass terrain boosted Bloom Doom or sun boosted hidden power fire. 
  • Flying type Pokemon - Talonflame, Braviary, and Mandibuzz resist lilligant attacks and can threaten Lilligant. The former two are especially problematic. Mandibuzz is immune to sleep powder thanks to overcoat and can setup tailwind. Talonflame can OKHO Lilligant with priority brave bird or setup a tailwind.
  • Poison type Pokemon - Alolan Muk and Gengar resist Lilligant stabs and can KO it back. Alola muk is notable due being able to elimate Lilligant once it's down to it's focus sash thanks to shadow sneak.

Other Notable Moves
  • Solar Beam is an option to deal significant damage without lowering Lilligant special attack but it makes it even more reliant sun and the decrease of damage is noticeable 
  • Hidden Power Ice can be used to pick off Garchomp and Salamence for Torkoal but neither guarantee an OKHO without a boosting item.
  • Sunny Day is an option to allow Lilligant to manually setup the sun to help against opposing weather.
  • Quiver Dance can be use to attempt to sweep but the lack of coverage and power even at +1 makes it very difficult to sweep. Lilligant can be paired with Oricorio to take adavantage of Dancer
  • Healing Wish can be used to heal an ally back to full hp, most notably Torkoal.

Other Notable Items
  • Miracle seed guarantees the OHKO on Tapu Koko with Leaf Storm

I've paired OT Lilligant with Oricorio as a QuiverDancer setup tool. Not as fast as Ribombee but it helps if Oricorio runs Teeter Dance. It can also use Petal Dance without the confusion recoil, which proves very powerful even with +1 SpA.
Like how Lilligant can extremely threatening when paired with Drought Torkoal since there's so much mind games going on with this sun duo core. In most situations, Lilligant can either After You Eruption with Torkoal for fast Eruption, use is its Grass Z-Move to nuke a target, or put a target to sleep. Definitely a Pokemon to watch out for.
(Feb 12, 2017, 12:16 PM)Sylveon Wrote: I've paired OT Lilligant with Oricorio as a QuiverDancer setup tool. Not as fast as Ribombee but it helps if Oricorio runs Teeter Dance. It can also use Petal Dance without the confusion recoil, which proves very powerful even with +1 SpA.

The best core is Oricorio+Chlorophyl Lilligant+Torkoal. That solves the speed issue, you can lead with Lilligant and Tokoal to fire off powerful After You Eruptions or switch Torkoal out for Oricorio while Lilligant sets up a Quiver Dance for it. You might even say it outclasses Ribombee
Lilligant also gets a great supportive healing move in Healing Wish. it might not be a useful move in VGC but is still a very good option and deserves some consideration. I use one on mine and it has definitely saved the day on more than one occasion, but that's usually just friendly doubles matches.
I think Groudon might also be viable (unless it's banned, which I think it is), just on friendly battle spot
I have been playing around with Lilligant for doubles and she is so fun! Currently, paired with Torkoal as a lead then switch into Oricorio and boost with quiver dance, then I've seen entertainment on Oricorio that changes the Lilligant ability to Dancer which basically means there are like so many revelation dances and petal dance going towards your opponent!!! Great to see this Pokemon making a comeback Smile
(Feb 25, 2017, 08:31 AM)chewiethemajestic Wrote: Lilligant also gets a great supportive healing move in Healing Wish. it might not be a useful move in VGC but is still a very good option and deserves some consideration. I use one on mine and it has definitely saved the day on more than one occasion, but that's usually just friendly doubles matches.

I did some testing with healing wish and it's definitely good enough to be added to the list. Thanks for the suggestion.
It's really good when paired with Torkoal, as After You allows Torkoal to move first and set up a powerful Eruption while it's HP is still high.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!