Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] What are Bulky teams?
Hi guys back with a question i have been asking to myself for quite some time by now, what are bulky teams?
So every now and then especially in this community i see Bulky teams but i don't seem to get how does this archeype function. i have seen players like Wolfe Glick (one of the best) using this archetype as his playstyle and get tons of success with it. Like the one time i saw him running a slowking, tornadus and offensive lileep though, and like this year at worlds he was running supposedly a bulky team with things like scrafty, zapdos, milotic etc. This archetype looks really fun to be and i wanna build such teams. Hope this was the right place to ask this! Smile
Well everyone knows about Wolfey Glicks Mega Venusarur team that's won Florida Regionals as well as a couple of good wins like Aaron'a balanced Mega Venusaur and Mega Gardevoir he made for Shady. Of course chalk can do this as well since Cress-Heatran-Ammonguss- Landorus is a difficult core to break. Honestly if you are going to commit to using relatively bulky Pokemon, you need answers to things like Dark Void and Perish Trap otherwise it loses out. When it comes to bulky teams, you have to balance when can you break from the defensive effort and focus on getting KOs since players can predict around these teams possible 2-3 turns ahead.