Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] shadow tag encore + disable nightmare
latelly it seems that shadow tag mega gengar and prankster fake tears whimsicott are pretty popular. is a good strategy. but why stop there, when u can improve it? it would be more fun 4 u and more frustration 4 your opponent

gengar + gengarite -> mega gengar (shadow tag)
timid - 252 speed 252 sp.atk 4def/spdef
shadow ball
sludge bomb
protect
disable
whimsicott + focus sash (prankster)
timid - 252 speed 252 hp 4def/spdef
protect
fake tears
taunt
encore

first round go for protect, but then use encore and disable and now your opponent will be able to use only struggle (or maybe u encore 1 with fake out Smile ). now u can start fake tears shadow ball / sludge bomb and deliver some k.o'.s

u can also use jolly gengar and use sucker punch and shadow claw with tickle whimsicott. now u have 2 pokemons that must attack, low defense and they meet a sucker punch.

now let's see other pokemons u can use to complete those 4 slots left:

1. wobbuffet + sitrus berry (shadow tag)
sassy - 84hp 252 def 172 spdef
counter
mirror coat
encore
destiny bond

2.aromatisse + babiri berry (aroma veil) so taunt can't work
sassy - 228hp 60def 220spdef
trick room
protect
disable
moonblast

3.dusclops + eviolite (frisk)
relaxed - 252hp 80def 176spdef
night shade
skill swap ---- in case your opponent has magic bounce or aroma veil
disable
trick room

4.shuckle + leftovers (contrary)
relaxed - 252 hp 28def 228 spdef
infestation ---> prevent opponent escape in case u don't have shadow tag on
toxic
encore
protect

5.cofagrigus + rocky helmet/mental herb (mummy)
sassy - 216 hp 48def 244 spdef
destiny bond
trick room
night shade
disable

6. banette (frisk) + banettite --> mega banette(prankster) ---------- prankster encore + prankster disable
adamant - 252 attack 252 hp 4def/spdef or relaxed 180 hp 116 def 212spdef
destiny bond/sucker punck/shadow sneak
protect
disable
phantom force/sucker punck/shadow sneak

and the list can go on....

the best case your opponents will forfeit or admit the loss as a true player, or most of the times they will "accidentally" close the wireless
this way u have fun, and your opponent gets more and more frustrated by time passes by
I've seen this set up and if they get it off its brutal. But in a lot of cases with priority moves that can OHKO gengar like Brave bird TFlame it helps bomb the plan.
(Dec 30, 2014, 11:16 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: I've seen this set up and if they get it off its brutal. But in a lot of cases with priority moves that can OHKO gengar like Brave bird TFlame it helps bomb the plan.

you're right, but if it's not a choice band talonflame, gengar will survive most of the times. and if u see talonflame, well that's why i selected some bulky pokemons
I ran something similar to this just for fun in VGC 14 with Mega Gengar & Liepard. I put some HP EV's into Mega Gengar to survive a brave bird then disable it the same turn.
It is stuff like this that I will always put Taunt on a team I make.
(Dec 30, 2014, 06:13 PM)z2porygon Wrote: It is stuff like this that I will always put Taunt on a team I make.

whimsicott is the fastest prankster so he can taunt first. and also that's why i run arromatisse with aroma veil so taunt won't work.