Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

WWE [World Wrestling Entertainment] Discussion Thread
the dream is seth winner without cashing mitb eheheh
Can't wait for smackdown. We have ryback, ziggler, and rowen back and they're gonna be put through hell.
Good smackdown, loved the little royal rumble simulation at the end. Pretty sure they're giving the win to reigns, all the events leading to the rumble pretty much point to it. I hope im wrong, i would like it to be a surprise win.
Tonight is the night !!! Something big will happen
royal rumble time!!!
Great triple threat match, the royal rumble was okay. Reigns obvious winner. One problem...Curtis Axel was never eliminated.
OK people, thoughts on the Rumble?

Lesnar, Rollins and Cena match was pretty good match. They've made it so Lesnar doesn't have to show up until Wrestlemania with him apparently suffering a broken rib. Rollins was really good, keeping up with both veterans. Overall probably the best match of the night. I predicted Lesnar to win to be the champion till Wrestlemania so it wasn't that much of a shock. Having Cena beat Flairs record isn't a good idea because nowdays you can gain/lose a title a lot so each reign doesn't mean much,

The rumble itself was a disappointment. Best surprise entrant by far was Bubba Ray Dudley, doing the most out of it. Boogyman and DDP didn't really do much. They really screwed up by eliminating Bryan so early into the match, the crowd went absolutely dead up until Mizdow entered. It grew again but didn't achieve much. Also disappointing not to see Orton return, he would have gotten a bit pop, something to bring the crowd up. Shame no NXT star was brought up.

Bray was pretty good, holding on as the top heel of the match. Him eliminating Bryan was a good move in cementing his heel status, but it happened too early.

Reigns winning wasn't a surprise, would have been better if Ambrose won, he has the crowd behind him so much more, is stronger on the mic and more diverse in matches. It's way to early for Reigns.
The only decent thing to come out of the final four (well five if Rusev is counted) was The Rock coming out and helping Reigns. Considering he was all over social media with him being at the Rumble it wasn't a shock him actually doing something. The only thing was what was he going to do, but the "keep it in the family" pic was a pretty good giveaway (The Rock is actually the cousin of Roman Reigns). If he didn't show up to get that pop there was a big chance that the crowd would have rioted. The loud "bull!$#$" chant at the end was really clear, even the commentary pointed it out. Even with the Rock they still showed their frustration at Reigns winning.

Overall, one of the worst rumble matches. Slightly better than last years but the quality has really dropped. They have too many mid card stars who aren't doing anything, not enough top guys to bring the pops and the void in between is really noticeable. They've really gotta step up their game this year.

Gonna be interesting to see where they're going from here on tomorrows Raw. Cena really has nothing left but to feud with Rusev, which is gonna go too well. The Authority it gonna target Reigns more, in a fast track way to get him up to champion material. Ambrose can still feud with Bray but I don't know for how much longer. I have no idea what they're gonna do with Bryan, he's probably gonna be relegated down because they have nothing for him, like what's gonna happen with Ziggler and Ryback.
I wanted ambrose to win so badly
IMO Ambrose is much stronger than Reigns. In the ring, on the mic, connecting with the crowd, in almost everything besides pure strength. They haven't even given Reigns a singles title, at least ambrose had the US title for a while. It's all about having a name, and being the Rocks cousin has given him that name. Just like with Orton, the Usos, to the much lesser extent of Curtis Axel.

You know they're in a bad spot when not even the Rock coming out and saving Reigns could pick the crowd up. Hell, even Mizdown got a decent pop, but he's so much more connected with the crowd, probably up there with Bryan, and he doesn't even wrestle much, he puts on a show
Wow, I only got as far as the Divas tag match last night (PC acting up and kept dying on me) so I've just been reading the stuff from last night. Apparently the title match was fantastic, but that Rumble... I said it on twitter, but WWE tried to pull the trigger on Reigns, and have instead shot themselves in the foot. He's not ready, and it's clear people want Bryan. I don't get why they brought Bryan back for the Rumble at all though, just to have him eliminated after 10 minutes in the ring. Also didn't like the clips I saw of Ziggler, Ambrose, and Wyatt being thrown out rather casually like they don't matter in the slightest.

If it was in Philly again tonight, or somewhere like Chicago, then Raw would be amazing to me with how vocal the fans from those areas are.