Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

What's your "difficult" Pokemon?
We've all had at least 1 "difficult" Pokemon during the course of playing which gave us the most trouble in breeding, shiny hunting or perfect legendary. As of right now Thundurus has been my biggest difficult Pokemon taking up close to 18 hours worth of catching/soft restarts to get those perfect IVs for HP ice.
What's yours and how long did it take?
I was shiny hunting for a raikou once and it took almost a month to get it. I go the nature i wanted and the evs werent terrible but i was really stressed out trying to find it
(Oct 29, 2015, 03:59 AM)Mr_Crypolic Wrote: I was shiny hunting for a raikou once and it took almost a month to get it. I go the nature i wanted and the evs werent terrible but i was really stressed out trying to find it
oh wow, I really hope that doesn't happen to me otherwise I might have to ask Santa for a new 3DS :P
So I was breeding a team I had just created and one of my Pokemon was raichu, and I forgot that pitchu being classified as a baby Pokemon meant it had to evolve before you could breed it, so after every step I had to evolve the Pokemon which didn't take that long the main problem started at the second to last part of breeding, I was also trying to get a HA pichu, and it needed to be female to breed on egg moves, not all of this usually isn't that bad but, every time I would get a female pichu it wouldn't have the HA and everytime I got a male pichu it would, it was like the game was trolling me, it took soooo long to finally get the one I needed :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Oct 29, 2015, 04:12 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: So I was breeding a team I had just created and one of my Pokemon was raichu, and I forgot that pitchu being classified as a baby Pokemon meant it had to evolve before you could breed it, so after every step I had to evolve the Pokemon which didn't take that long the main problem started at the second to last part of breeding, I was also trying to get a HA pichu, and it needed to be female to breed on egg moves, not all of this usually isn't that bad but, every time I would get a female pichu it wouldn't have the HA and everytime I got a male pichu it would, it was like the game was trolling me, it took soooo long to finally get the one I needed :P

that sounds somewhat similar to when I was breeding a rough skin gible, thank god for no baby stage on that one, in any case lets be glad that pokebank can store so many Pokemon....or just release them like I do (does that make me a cruel trainer/breeder?).
The honor of the most annoying Pokemon for me (in-game) has ways been taking 2 days (well not exactly 48 hrs)or 12 attempts to catch Azelf back in Diamond. Like every time I tried to catch Azelf it setups a nasty plot and spams +4-6 uproars, swifts, and future sights so it pretty muc swept my in-game team. The worse part was the fact that every time I reduced its health and survived that whole onslaught, I'd take so much time that it struggled to death. Yeah this was when I was able to reduced Azelf's HP without having to KO while paralyzing it and using Timer/Dusk Balls. Basically I should have been able to catch it sooner but it most of my tries it just sets up Nasty Plot immediately and I have to reset since I'm not wasting money again.
My most difficult Pokemon was a shiny Squirtle in XY. It took me 3 months to get it, and it didn't even have the Ability I wanted nor the IVs I wanted to get it either. I didn't care about that, I was relieved to finally have a shiny Squirtle
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
My hardest was when I was trying to get a Shiny Eevee with HA and Modest nature to make my Sylveon. Took me forever and a day but I got SO freakin' lucky when I finally found that shiny. He has 5IV too, couldn't be happier!
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
Not just one Pokemon, but a ton. One time I tried to breed for a shiny HA Gligar. 102 eggs and no shiny so I decided to breed for a shiny Starly. First egg, shiny Starly -.-

Breeding egg moves for Lucario, Togekiss/Togetic, Clefable, Magmortar, Electivire and Raichu was a pain as well. Baby Pokemon are literally the bane of my existence.
[Insert signature here]
Roaming Pokemon have always given me trouble, and I distinctly remember Latias giving me a huge problem in the original sapphire.

I also spent ages breeding a Conkeldurr before I had a 6IV Ditto, and when I finally finished and got my 5IVs I realised mach punch was an egg move...