Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who has been playing since Red/Blue/Yellow?
Wink 
Hey guys!

I have been playing Pokèmon since Red came out in 1998 and haven't missed a generation yet.

Gen 1 is also my favorite!

I'm sure in this community there are many PKMN "veterans" Wink Let's share our memories!
I played red and blue. First game that was mine and not my siblings was yellow. But for some reason I didn't use the starters or pikachu but a pidgey it was a lv 87 Pidegot before I beat team rocket at silph co
I have been playing since Red/Blue. I must confess I did not like Pokémon at all back then, I saw it as yet another hype that was going to be short lived. But after a high-school switch I started to hang out with a group of nintendo fans. We all had little in common save for our love for games. That bonded us. And all of them were also really into Pokémon. I wasn't. So eventually they had a bet with me. They would lend me a clean cardridge of Pokémon red. If I played through Red for 4 hours and still didn't like it, they would buy me a game (my choice). If I happened to like it, I had to buy the group coffee for a month.  Dodgy

And that's how I ended up with both, a pokémon and a coffee addiction. Cool
Now I only have to wait till I'm old and grumpy, move to Viridian City, lie down in the middle of the road and tell people: "You can't go through here!".
I'll paste this from a few months ago.

''Pokémon Yellow was released in Europe on June 16th of 2000. Today (June 19th) is my birthday and exactly 15 years ago I recieved my first ever Pokémon videogame along with a Game Boy Color, as a present. It was something very importat for me because I never had a gaming console and I finally could play a Pokémon videogame, from the cartoons I loved. Back then, I thought the show came before the games, of course.

15 years later I'm still in love with Pokémon. I've played all generations and visited all the regions through the years, and I love each and every one of them. I also follow the anime, of course. Ash is still my hero, I don't care what people thinks.

Since this was my first game, Pikachu was also my first Pokémon, so here's a little drawing of both the old and the current Pikachu, trying to imitate the original artwork styles, something I had never tried and I'm happy and proud with the result.''

[Image: pokemon_yellow_15th_anniversary__europe_...8xu6hz.png]
(Sep 8, 2015, 02:00 PM)Tabasco Boshi Wrote: I'll paste this from a few months ago.

''Pokémon Yellow was released in Europe on June 16th of 2000. Today (June 19th) is my birthday and exactly 15 years ago I recieved my first ever Pokémon videogame along with a Game Boy Color, as a present. It was something very importat for me because I never had a gaming console and I finally could play a Pokémon videogame, from the cartoons I loved. Back then, I thought the show came before the games, of course.

15 years later I'm still in love with Pokémon. I've played all generations and visited all the regions through the years, and I love each and every one of them. I also follow the anime, of course. Ash is still my hero, I don't care what people thinks.

Since this was my first game, Pikachu was also my first Pokémon, so here's a little drawing of both the old and the current Pikachu, trying to imitate the original artwork styles, something I had never tried and I'm happy and proud with the result.''

[Image: pokemon_yellow_15th_anniversary__europe_...8xu6hz.png]

That drawing is amazing! I miss fat Pikachu.

I've been playing since Red and Blue. I remember my mom buying me Blue and my brother Red. Bulbasaur was my first starter and because of that I've always had a soft spot for it and it's evolutions. I've put more hours into Pokémon than any other game by far.
I remember when Red/blue came out I had all the nintendo powers leading up to it's release that had little sections of the anime as comics in the back of the magazine. It was the first time in my life I had "prelaunch anxiety"
While I was a wee little boy, I faithfully grew up with the tv show along with the cards since the beginning, then the game when I was able to understand it. The movies and their promo cards were awesome too!
My God, I still have my Red cartrigde in the drawer of my desk. I was so excited when I received it in the summer of 2000 with a yellow Game Boy Color bought by my father. Still remember how fun were the battles with my friends via the famous link cable.  :D

Fun facts:

1) I still don't know how, but the first time i played pokemon I lost myself in the viridian forest and continuing to spam ember against weedle, caterpie & Co. I reached the lvl.36 with my charmander. The result was that I beated Brock, the first Gym Leader, with a Charizard;  KappaHD

2) Thanks to a sticker album I was certain that Mr. Mime was a previous evolution of Mewtwo. So I started to train him until lvl 80 + or - when I reached the Unknown Dungeon.  Blush At least i can say that destroy my friends with my Super Mime was amazing and glorious.  :D

[Image: NLhQj4P.png]
" Sometimes you must HURT in order to KNOW, FALL in order to GROW, LOSE in order to GAIN because life's greatest lessons are learned through PAIN."
-Pain
I started playing in 97 the year between red/blue and yellow. I was in third grade at the time and played all the way up to Ruby/Saphhire. I ended taking a break right before my favorite game Emerald came out. Sad thing is I never played Emerald originally. I started playing again when a friend of mine let me play through his copy of Y. I bought my 3ds and Pokemon X when I got my tax check last year. I plan on getting into competitive play again and don't plan to ever stop playing again.
My sister first had Pokemon Blue with her blue Gameboy Colour, but I loved playing with her mons. Then when Yellow came out, I got it for Christmas along with a yellow Gameboy Colour. Loved every moment of it!