Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] First OU Team Build
I have had some moderate success with this team build, however I am positive it has some flaws as I cannot stop any sort of stall at all. So please feel free to comment and suggest some improvements!

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 Atk
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

His IV in attack isn't perfect, but he is the first shiny I have bred that has been competitive in any form. With Life Orb it sort of balances this out. I use Poison Jab and EQ for coverage moves, I have liked this moveset thus far but am open to suggestions for alternatives.

Delphox (F)
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 25 Atk / 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wish
- Fire Blast
- Return

This is a fun support poke, the Magician ability allows me to steal the opponents item and I pass wishes easily to anyone that is in need. I know I NEED to replace Return, but haven't found a move I like yet, so for now it will act as a place holder.

Dragalge (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 25 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes

This guy is fun to use, he is underestimated by most of my showdown opponents and is able to get one of three statuses off real easily and do sufficient damage while taking nominal damage himself.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Facade
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Really just a special tank that I am trying out as of now, and I don't really have a whole lot to say as of yet.

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

One of my favorite megas despite his flaws, I love his Def Stat and his offensive capabilities. I just need to find the proper moveset to make him fit well into my team.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Extrasensory
- Water Pulse

Real fun to use and I don't see too many people running Greninja with this particular moveset.

Hope you guys can help me improve my team! Like I said before, I have some success with it, but I know it is lacking something that my inexperience can't figure out! So please feel free to share what you think!
(Oct 4, 2014, 09:13 PM)Pacho_45 Wrote: I have had some moderate success with this team build, however I am positive it has some flaws as I cannot stop any sort of stall at all. So please feel free to comment and suggest some improvements!

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 Atk
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance

His IV in attack isn't perfect, but he is the first shiny I have bred that has been competitive in any form. With Life Orb it sort of balances this out. I use Poison Jab and EQ for coverage moves, I have liked this moveset thus far but am open to suggestions for alternatives.

Delphox (F)
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 25 Atk / 0 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wish
- Fire Blast
- Return

This is a fun support poke, the Magician ability allows me to steal the opponents item and I pass wishes easily to anyone that is in need. I know I NEED to replace Return, but haven't found a move I like yet, so for now it will act as a place holder.

Dragalge (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 25 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes

This guy is fun to use, he is underestimated by most of my showdown opponents and is able to get one of three statuses off real easily and do sufficient damage while taking nominal damage himself.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Facade
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

Really just a special tank that I am trying out as of now, and I don't really have a whole lot to say as of yet.

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

One of my favorite megas despite his flaws, I love his Def Stat and his offensive capabilities. I just need to find the proper moveset to make him fit well into my team.

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Extrasensory
- Water Pulse

Real fun to use and I don't see too many people running Greninja with this particular moveset.

Hope you guys can help me improve my team! Like I said before, I have some success with it, but I know it is lacking something that my inexperience can't figure out! So please feel free to share what you think!
From what I can tell you have a pretty solid team "may" need more coverage but solid. The only problem with me is the water pulse for greninja unless you`re counting on the confusion all the time I would switch it out with scald as it has a higher power, and the 30% burn can help with staying alive. For the Delphox you can switch out return for psyshock so you can hit special tanks plus STAB. :D
Thanks! I have no idea why I never thought of putting psyshock instead of return. I also like the idea of using scald too!
not a half bad team, but heres a few things i would change: 1. use scald, hydro pump, or surf on greninja (stronger moves + scald has chance to burn) and on sylveon try swift or round (round hits through subs, keep in mind) or try moonblast instead (as OU isnt double theres no reason to use dazzling gleam over it), and then you could change facade to another support move like toxic, reflect or light screen, or make it more offensive with psyshock,or even run calm mind for SpA and SpD boost, as facade relies on you getting statused which happens often enough on sylveon as it is bulky, but its attack stat isnt good enough to support facade imo 3. run psychic or psyshock on delphox instead of return, its attack stat is way too bad, and if you run that for magician, you dont need a contact move. everything else looks pretty good though. these are my thoughts and you dont have to use them if you dont want to. either way hope i helped and have fun battling
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Oct 4, 2014, 09:33 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: not a half bad team, but heres a few things i would change: 1. use scald, hydro pump, or surf on greninja (stronger moves + scald has chance to burn) and on sylveon try swift or round (round hits through subs, keep in mind) or try moonblast instead (as OU isnt double theres no reason to use dazzling gleam over it), and then you could change facade to another support move like toxic, reflect or light screen, or make it more offensive with psyshock,or even run calm mind for SpA and SpD boost, as facade relies on you getting statused which happens often enough on sylveon as it is bulky, but its attack stat isnt good enough to support facade imo 3. run psychic or psyshock on delphox instead of return, its attack stat is way too bad, and if you run that for magician, you dont need a contact move. everything else looks pretty good though. these are my thoughts and you dont have to use them if you dont want to. either way hope i helped and have fun battling

Thanks! I did change facade to round and that helped out a lot! And as both you and Walken suggested I run scald on Greninja now and Psyshock on Delphox. I appreciate you guys helping me out a lot! So thanks again!
for delphox another option is using power herb +solar beam as u have a one turn solar beam and get magician activated Smile
also my preference on mega aggron is to use heavy slam as it will probably do more damage
finally not sure on thos 4 evs in att for sylveon...sure façade is a great idea and all but it still wont hit rlly hard and it would normally be better to use a special move so I would recommendd putting it in spa and putting heal bell over façade....also moonblast>dazzling gleam IMO especially in OU (dazzling gleam is for doubles)
(Oct 8, 2014, 08:15 AM)Pacho_45 Wrote:
(Oct 4, 2014, 09:33 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: not a half bad team, but heres a few things i would change: 1. use scald, hydro pump, or surf on greninja (stronger moves + scald has chance to burn) and on sylveon try swift or round (round hits through subs, keep in mind) or try moonblast instead (as OU isnt double theres no reason to use dazzling gleam over it), and then you could change facade to another support move like toxic, reflect or light screen, or make it more offensive with psyshock,or even run calm mind for SpA and SpD boost, as facade relies on you getting statused which happens often enough on sylveon as it is bulky, but its attack stat isnt good enough to support facade imo 3. run psychic or psyshock on delphox instead of return, its attack stat is way too bad, and if you run that for magician, you dont need a contact move. everything else looks pretty good though. these are my thoughts and you dont have to use them if you dont want to. either way hope i helped and have fun battling

Thanks! I did change facade to round and that helped out a lot! And as both you and Walken suggested I run scald on Greninja now and Psyshock on Delphox. I appreciate you guys helping me out a lot! So thanks again!

Its no problem, im always so happy to help people with their problems, hope you have fun on the forums :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye