Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

help with scrafty set
hi im trying to build a good scrafty for my team and am having trouble figuring out its ev spread and what item to give it, can i get some help please? i have a sun team with charizard y, venasaur with chloraphyll, heliolisk with solar power, furfrou, swampert, and noivern. scrafty is going to relace frufrou and nidoking and azurmarill will replace noivern and swampert. so ill have charizard y, venasaur, heliolisk, scrrafty, nidoking, and azrmarill on my team.

i picked scrafty because after testing my team i noticed i had serious need for dark and fighting type moves, and some offensive power, scrafty fit and plus hes one of my favorites so bonus.

i just hatched a scraggy today its adament nature and perfect ivs except sp atk. it has shed skin ability i preferred moxie but i feel shed skin is also good since im going to be using dragon dance and i can still get kangaskhan which is my main threat, and ive had issue with burn, plus breeding takes forever and i dont wanna push my luck.

i think im giong to give him 228 atk evs because it gives the same likelihood of 2hko a kangaskhan as do 252 evs

next im looking at speed and defense, its not going to outspeed much so i dont think i should bother with it too much but i dont want it to get outsped by everything. i want to give it some bulk as well so it doesnt die right away, and my team needs someone one who can stay in ive just got sweepers at the moment basically.

so i need some help on how to do its ev spread besides the attack. and plus the item which im at a loss for.

thanks a lot help is greatly appreciated, im new to competitive vgc and am trying to get started
Try using showdown to test out a bunch of different builds.
That's generally what I have been doing when I'm not sure if something works or not.

My scrafty build that I ended up going with is;

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

I prefer a much more defensive style of play.
With perfect IVs this puts its attack stat at 110 at lv50. While it doesnt do BIG damage it is still able to pick up a 2HKO on mega kangaskhan, while surviving the double edge.
Ice Punch can 2HKO landorus-t while also surviving an incoming Superpower in return.
Knock Off against standard cresselia is a 4HKO, but with the right team mates it shouldn't be sticking around that long.
I found my Scrafty works best with some tailwind support, or thunder wave support. Either or. It depends on your play style.

I hope this helps at all. I'm fairly new to VGC as well. I've been playing a little while, but never with any great success until recently when I started actually looking into damage calcs.

Edit: Please don't take my opinion as gospel. There are plenty of ways to do things and I am also still learning a fair bit as I go. If anyone is able to correct me on things then I'm more than happy to take that feedback Smile
(Aug 31, 2015, 09:35 PM)akg12x Wrote: Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

It is a very good build. I've seen it work many times.

I have a 6IV Scrafty with those moves and ability but with careful nature I think.

Careful is +SpD, -SpA, I think it has more advantages over Impish because of the frequency of special attacks.
Let me add to that that Intimidate works awesome with this, because it lowers the enemy's attack thus no need for higher defense.
If you think about it, it is like balancing SpD by upping it and balancing your Def by lowering the enemy attack.

If you need one Mel, I can breed a scraggy out for you.
New to the Forum? Visit a 5IV Pokemon Giveaway here.

I am Breeder. Need help? Ask away!.

100% correct.
I should have said that when I first started using that build the metagame was substantially more physical than it is now.
I think the 2015 season had that many intimidate users and will-o-wispers running around that special based mons started becoming more and more common.
I could be wrong, that's just based on what I've seen personally.

In saying that, adamant could be a suitable nature given the intimidate ability and the assault vest. Just to boost that attacking power.
It's all very, very dependent on your play style.
thank you guys so much for your help i think i will go with a more defensive scrafty, but with adament nature, i doing calcualtions on showdown to see exactly how much i need in hp and defense to see how much can go into attack. ill let you know what i come up with.
ok i think im going to go with a variation of what you guys suggested

hold assault vest
ability: intimidate
nature: adament

evs: hp-244
def: 132
atk:132

drain punch
ice punch
iron head
knock off

iron head for the fairy coverage, and i dont think fake out really goes with my style right now maybe when i have more experience. i think i get enough defensive boost from my item and ability that i can go with adament. i used the damage calc on smogon and that ev spread allows me to survive 2 hits from a kangaskhan which seems to be the only real threat, besides talonflame in which case im dead anyway.

what do you guys think? id love some feedback
GMX has done Scrafty write up here. Maybe one of these builds will prove useful to you?
Hi :D, if you need a scrafty set trust me 252 252 4 isnt the solution

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 32 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Super Fang
This set is good because it can take hits and if your at 20 hp it will pretty much live at 1hp for every special attack

lum berry set You ever get frustrated cause of a burn well this prevents it

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 124 Def / 113 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Protect
this will live and still not get burned or freezed

Trick room scrafty

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 100 Def / 40 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Super Fang

this scrafty can live and hit hard and be a suport mon in one

Hope you enjoy my sets :D
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!