Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC help with team
I am very new to playing pokemon competitive and I know VGC double is the standard used so that is what I aim to practice at mostly

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Grass Knot

Ferrothorn is for teams that suit the match up for him with little threats and trick rooms quickly set up the leech seed and just let the enemy lose their health and eventually just win but, I am not sold on him completely I feel as if he could be replaced with something better so really looking for idea and suggestions.

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Swagger

I feel like his ability to control speed and deal damage to water and flying pokemon makes him such a valuable pokemon to have on your team, since controlling the speed of a battle is very important I feel like I may change swagger out for hp ice but, not sure just yet.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse

I was running choice scarf on him so he would outspeed Landouris - T and one shot him in nearly every situation making him a super strong lead, but I found locking him into one move was not always worth it I still switch between trying to figure out what is better or if he should be change completely for a more bulky water type pokemon

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower

I went with assault vest here cause I din't like the idea of locking him into one move and I was using choice greninja, I found assault vest to be much more helpful with him

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Helping Hand
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This pokemon is very helpful as a dragon slayer and is bulky and helps with heatran but, I am not that great on knowing when to use Sylveon, I feel like I should use her more but, I am not sure when is the best situation honestly.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
- Heat Wave

The mega of the team is zard - y he is heavy damage dealer with decent speed and with the help of thunderous helps get speed control and with greninja able to take out common threats such as landours I have found great success with him but, I don't know if my team compliments him enough or if he compliments them enough of if I should look into a new mega that maybe suit the team better.

I am looking for any advice and help I am very new and I appreciate every little bit I can get
i didn't get a chance to go through your whole team, but make sure to check this out so your post gets answered.

http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-ORAS-NO...RE-POSTING
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
As Justin said, read the rules before posting! But for some quick advice on the team though, most Pokemon should not have two stats maxed out at 252. Charizard Y is a good example. You want to build Charizard to take a Rock Slide from Landorus seeing as how you'll run into Landorus on almost every team. In single battles, the builds are more about maximizing stats, but in double battles you want to survive threats to keep your Pokemon on the field longer. Some Pokemon work with a 252/252/4 EV spread in doubles, but not many.