Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

mamoswine singles build
Anyone know any good single builds for mamoswine?
Mamoswine @focus sash
Thick Fat
252 attack/252 Speed/4 Hp
Jolly nature

-Icicle crash
-stealth rock
-earthquake
-ice shard

basically use the 252/252/4 for everything in singles
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
My Mamoswine build:

Mamoswine w/Focus Sash
Adamant w/Thick Fat (Jolly is also very viable, but I run adamant)
252 Atk and 252 Spd
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stealth Rock/Rock Slide
Icicle Crash

I know some people like to run Choice Scarf on Mamoswine, but I think Focus Sash is so much more clutch. In battle spot, I would replace Rock Slide for Stealth Rock. Having thick fat is odd since you will be running focus sash, but it is the best ability for Mamoswine. It will allow you to make switches into fire and ice type attacks without taking as much damage as a pokemon normally would and then retaliate. Very clutch in desperate situation in which you must preserve a certain pokemon for a win condition. Ice shard allows you to pick off kills a previous pokemon couldn't or take out a pokemon after taking it down to sash. Earthquake, well, pretty much the best ground stab for Mamoswine. Stealth Rock breaks any potential sashes and immensely hurts common threats like Talonflame and Charizard. If using Rock Slide, you can OHKO the previously mentioned pokemon easily, as they cannot take you out since you have Sash. Icicle Crash's is probably mamoswine's most reliable stab next to earthquake. It also has a very high flinch ratio. I am too lazy to run damage calcs, but this set allows you to 2HKO or even OHKO a lot of threats.

If you have ORAS, check this out. I was fighting someone who was trying to stall me out on battle spot with some very defensive pokemon that kept recovering. Mamoswine pulled me through. I will forever love this pokemon :D

RBDW - WWWW - WWXD - SVVJ

Sidenote: There are people who will put some EVs into Special Attack and run Freeze Dry on Mamoswine. I think this is very viable option, but I don't think it is work it. I remember running damage calcs a while back. Even with a large amount of special attack investment, a stab earthquake will still do more damage than a stab super effective freeze dry.
Obilvious is a better ability than Thick Fat for singles if it has stealth rock and focus sash, this way you have almost guaranteed stealth rock (Magic Bounce, Magic Guard Kappa) which helps a ton in OU singles and Mamoswine beats a majorty of the Defoggers and Rapid spinners. Thick Fat is helpful for Mamoswine with Choice scarf and Life orb as the item. I think Life Orb is the best item on Mamoswine which allows Mamoswine to switch moves so it can Ice Shard, Icicle Crash (Icicle Spear works as well), and Earthquake for KOs.
(Mar 24, 2015, 12:19 PM)z2porygon Wrote: Obilvious is a better ability than Thick Fat for singles if it has stealth rock and focus sash, this way you have almost guaranteed stealth rock (Magic Bounce, Magic Guard Kappa) which helps a ton in OU singles and Mamoswine beats a majorty of the Defoggers and Rapid spinners. Thick Fat is helpful for Mamoswine with Choice scarf and Life orb as the item. I think Life Orb is the best item on Mamoswine which allows Mamoswine to switch moves so it can Ice Shard, Icicle Crash (Icicle Spear works as well), and Earthquake for KOs.

All good builds so hard to choose
(Mar 24, 2015, 12:19 PM)z2porygon Wrote: Obilvious is a better ability than Thick Fat for singles if it has stealth rock and focus sash, this way you have almost guaranteed stealth rock (Magic Bounce, Magic Guard Kappa) which helps a ton in OU singles and Mamoswine beats a majorty of the Defoggers and Rapid spinners. Thick Fat is helpful for Mamoswine with Choice scarf and Life orb as the item. I think Life Orb is the best item on Mamoswine which allows Mamoswine to switch moves so it can Ice Shard, Icicle Crash (Icicle Spear works as well), and Earthquake for KOs.

Yea this makes a lot of sense actually. Idk why I though thick fat haha.
(Mar 24, 2015, 12:32 PM)Vietflame Wrote:

Yea this makes a lot of sense actually. Idk why I though thick fat haha.

Icicle crash is an egg move who can i breed swinub with?
You need to breed with a male beartic that knows icicle crash Smile
If you need though, I can give you an extra 6IV swinub that I have while trying to breed a shiny swinub :o
(Mar 24, 2015, 12:44 PM)Vietflame Wrote: You need to breed with a male beartic that knows icicle crash Smile
If you need though, I can give you an extra 6IV swinub that I have while trying to breed a shiny swinub :o

What nature mateSmile
I will PM you Wink