Pokemon Forever
[DISCUSSION] What do you think about hacking? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [DISCUSSION] What do you think about hacking? (/Thread-DISCUSSION-What-do-you-think-about-hacking)

Pages: 1 2

What do you think about hacking? - Shayw1 - Sep 14, 2016

I just want to know what do people think about hacking,so vote here:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11223346

RE: What do you think about hacking? - modaltas - Sep 14, 2016

What do you think about it?

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Trompelemonde - Sep 14, 2016

I'm completely fine with breeding with a hacked ditto because the breeding process can be pretty time consuming but even with the ditto it still takes a good amount of time so there's that, but what I'm not okay with is straight up genning pokemon with perfect ivs and nature for competitive use, it sounds hypocritical but it's just my opinion

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Black117 - Sep 14, 2016

Basically exactly what naitre just said. Back in the old XY days, I started breeding dratinis together until after like 3 days I managed to get a perfectly 5 IV mon. From there, I repeated the process via chain breeding for egg moves and groups until around 5 months after release I managed to get a decent box of Pokemon to use on battle spot and wifi battling. Eventually this process became "tiring" as I realized most of the time I never got a chance to actually battle with my mons, and found myself increasingly difficult to breed mons with time restraints. Eventually got a powersave and used a 6 IV ditto to breed my mons, even as is mitigated time, I still wanted to tryout multiple teams.

By the time pkhex was released in its first iteration, I basically started pkhexing mons, though I do have some decent soft reset legends that were unfortunately never used. Personally don't have anything against those who breed or soft reset for their Pokemon, but at least you got to admit it takes a ton of time and detication doing so.

But for the same end result? Most of the mons that I've genned were be caused I had to change specific ev spreads and test various Pokemon on the battle spot doubles ladder. In competitive, everyone is expected to have almost all their Pokemon with Max IVs or specific ones for certain moves/situations. Even so, its more mandatory as say if you don't have a higher defense IV, a physical attack that might normally won't faint at 31 would likely become a damage roll.

I really hope game freak makes hyper training really accessible, as in makes it so we can manually change the IVs of the Pokemon as we please. Only problem is I'm not certain if they will do so, otherwise most players will still use other means to get their teams.

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Poke Fan Orlando - Sep 14, 2016

In my opinion genning is fine because you could get it in game however hacking is completly wrong as you are giving yourself an advantage on others

RE: What do you think about hacking? - w2gMk - Sep 14, 2016

I'm fine with other people doing it, as I can see why people would want to be doing the cheatsie doodles. I however, have a distinct fear of being that guy who was banned as an example to all the other people. I liek the game too much to risk that 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance of being banned. Also the fact that I myself don't have the means to cheat even if I wanted to.

The only exception I have for this is in VGC competitions. If you took 5 minutes to get your team in while another person took idk... a month to get all of their stuff, the cheater has an entire month's worth of experience and knowledge over the other guy, and the prizes are literal life changers. A guy that made an honest team might lose out on a scholarship to some guy that had a laptop, and a liiiiitle bit of time. Not cool.

When it comes to like yo wanna 6v6 bruh, or hey you wanna hold a giveaway? I don't really care what you do. Just don't have sheer cold machamps with a sturdy shedinja and I'm fine. And also enjoy your 6iv ditto's like I do.

That's just my not so complex thoughts on a complex topic, plz dont hurt meh

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Unit501 - Sep 14, 2016

The problem is that GameFreak things that everyone has the time to breed for weeks to achive a perfect team. How I see it is that if its legal, its fine.

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Hatonacat - Sep 14, 2016

I agree with everyone.
Last year in between home work and my job I stayed up till midnight breeding. I quit this summer since I wanted 2 be outside and not trying to fill up pokedex and get perfect pokemon.

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Reed - Sep 14, 2016

As the Pokemon checks stand now, it's impossible to use anything illegal. So as much fun as it is to have my Extreme Speed, full evs, Speed Boost Glalie, I can not transfer it to Pokebank, battle with it, or trade it to another trainer. The only issues online are that there are people who hack the game itself to mess with others saves, but that's easy to spot and avoid. If someone has weird characters in their name, or has a weird PSS icon, turn off your DS before they get to battle/trade you

RE: What do you think about hacking? - Hatonacat - Sep 14, 2016

(Sep 14, 2016, 01:52 PM)squeab Wrote: As the Pokemon checks stand now, it's impossible to use anything illegal. So as much fun as it is to have my Extreme Speed, full evs, Speed Boost Glalie, I can not transfer it to Pokebank, battle with it, or trade it to another trainer. The only issues online are that there are people who hack the game itself to mess with others saves, but that's easy to spot and avoid. If someone has weird characters in their name, or has a weird PSS icon, turn off your DS before they get to battle/trade you

What do you mean?